Clans are leaving my kingdom. Am I not a fair ruler?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am a generous ruler, just and fair. My good friend Olek defected on me. He took a town and a castle back to Sturgia.
I let it slide, because thats the ruler I am.

Then Desporion got awarded a castle. He lost it. He got awarded another castle. He lost it again.
Then he got awarded a town. And he immediatly bailed. Jumped ship and joined my enemy.

I regained the fief, captured Desporion and executed him, gettiing a massive relationship hit (worth it though, fck you Desporion).

But why are clans leaving me?

They all get fiefs awarded to them. We're rich, getting mucho dinero from tributes. We war a lot, but war is profit, right? I also have 70+ relation with each and every one of them.

How do I stop them from leaving me? Whats the formula for them leaving me in the first place?

Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
version 1.5.1 btw

I only know that if they don't have money they might go somewhere else.
Why would they leave?
Dunno...I was busting,as the Law decrees,Khuzait back into the stone ages and one of their lords defects and joins Battania which wasn't doing that well,my guess is that I beat him(Huruang)multiple times,I took his fiefs thus his revenue.
He lost money because he was getting captured,you extract a niche amount of denars from them after you defeat them,10K maximum,and he was bankrupt.

Other reasons might be,they weren't regaining/gaining enough fiefs back from the war,parties defeated constantly,raided villages,emprisoned lords and armies defeated.

Still,I don't know why they change sides,what does the AI calculate to choose to defect to other faction,it seems to be a faction without any thought in it.
Had he joined the Glorious NE as the miserable khuzait he was,he could've gotten a few fiefs.

It seems they stick to their former overlords, even if they join your kingdom. So, if you give them a fief that belonged to their former kingdom, they are more likely to defect back. Do as the romans did, place them on the other side of the world...

tenor.gif

The Version is rather important on this topic. I think in 1.5.2 or 1.5.3. they changed the rules of lords defecting because players had trouble keeping their lords. So, for 1.5.1 this might be a bug. But i dont know for sure. Maybe check old threads / patch notes.

At least in the current Versions 1.5.3/1.5.4 Lords will mostly only defect when they are somewhat poor.

I recently finished a game in 1.5 3 and I didn't have any troubles with lords defecting, 1 or two had even like -70 relationship with me because I picked them up to weaken the enemy.

Back
Top Bottom