Resolved Clans almost immediately leave my Kingdom when I persuade them over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Blackbox2010

Recruit
Clans almost immediately leave my Kingdom when I persuade them over. they just go for a other Kingdom Immediately.
And when I pull them over again and say come back to me they do that right away but almost immediately they go to other kingdoms.
I first thought maybe the relationship is too low it was 31 now it is even 53 and they still leave immediately.
now it is themselves that they go away and I get them back all the time.
they have already left my 7 times.
First they go to southern empire
Then back to my then again southerm empire then they go to aserai then khuzait 2 times 1 time vlandia.
In Like 10 minutes
I hope this will be fixed soon.

Happens to me too, lords should be stuck in a clan for at least 30 or even 60 in-game days. They take castles with them, which makes it even more annoying.

For me - leaving only mercenary clans. Thats why first of all a look, if they are vassals or mercenary of other Kingdom. I noticed this, when have this problem only with 2 from 10 clans in my Kingdom, only they leave my kingdom and after easy backs, and leave again.

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.

I can confirm that this is happening to me. I recruited two clans into my kingdom, the first one left almost immediately, but I figured this might have been because they had a relatively low opinion of me and no fief (-5 and no fief).

However the other clan left not long after, they had a +40 opinion of me and 2 fiefs (which they took with them).

This is really really annoying, especially given how broken and clunky it is to get Lords to join you in the first place...

I figured out they only leave if they don't have a fief. I persuade lords attacking my sieges to join then give them the castle/town afterwards. I've never had one leave with a fief.

Also - if they defect from a kingdom you're warring with and bring fiefs they won't leave. I think it has to do with having fiefs and having fiefs located geographically close to your kingdom.

I figured out they only leave if they don't have a fief. I persuade lords attacking my sieges to join then give them the castle/town afterwards. I've never had one leave with a fief.

That`s not true, at least in my game. I had one lord defect after a few days, although I gave him a castle and spent my influence on supporting him. Our relations were positive but he defected to the Khuzait, which was our only enemy at that time and took Talivel Castle with him. This was my first castle and I kept it for about 10 years and he is running away with it after one week. He can`t even properly protect it because the Khuzait territory is a few days away and my area is almost the whole former Battanian territory + Talivel Castle and Veron Castle.

I can only repeat that defections are the biggest problem in the game right now. I made 7.3 million denars with 4 caravans, 5 workshops, 3 towns, 6 castles and 4 parties, haven`t lost a fief for more than 5 ingame years and one fiefless lord with 600k wealth demanded 6 million from me. This is just shameless and of course I told him to get away (you vile beggar!). Other lords are not that greedy but you can`t rely on anyone and there is no logic behind the defections, as there is no logic behind the war declarations. Defections are ruining one or two factions early in every game, don`t provide anything useful and totally destroy the whole game as a player.

That`s not true, at least in my game. I had one lord defect after a few days, although I gave him a castle and spent my influence on supporting him ...This was my first castle and I kept it for about 10 years and he is running away with it after one week.

How did you give him a castle that you already had? I didn’t know that was possible.

How did you give him a castle that you already had? I didn’t know that was possible.

That`s a feature of the "Diplomacy Fixes" mod. I had the problem of defecting lords who take their fief with them before I discovered this mod, so I`m pretty sure it doesn`t have anything to do with it. You also have the first right to claim every fief as the conqueror and can send messages to lords and don`t have to run around anymore searching for them.

That`s a feature of the "Diplomacy Fixes" mod. I had the problem of defecting lords who take their fief with them before I discovered this mod, so I`m pretty sure it doesn`t have anything to do with it. You also have the first right to claim every fief as the conqueror and can send messages to lords and don`t have to run around anymore searching for them.
Howdy there, is diplomacy fixes working for you on 141? It's crashing me on the beta branch.

After a clan joined my kingdom, we conquered two towns and a castle. I let that clan keep those three new settlements. Then one day, while we were attacking another castle, they defected from my kingdom and took all their settlements with them.
Lucky for me, I had saved the game before they defected. So I reloaded the game and annexed the two towns from their clan. I let them keep the castle and one other town that they owned, simply because these were too far away to defend. A few days later, the clan defected as expected.
They had lands, and my relationship with them was high (at about 80). But the game calculations do not seem to adjust for relationship. I think it should.
In my opinion, clan defection should be 0% chance if relationship is 50 or higher. 1% chance if the relationship is between 1 and 49. 30% chance if it's zero or negative. 100% chance if it is below negative 20.

Last edited:
After a clan joined my kingdom, we conquered two towns and a castle. I let that clan keep those three new settlements. Then one day, while we were attacking another castle, they defected from my kingdom and took all their settlements with them.
Lucky for me, I had saved the game before they defected. So I reloaded the game and annexed the two towns from their clan. I let them keep the castle and one other town that they owned, simply because these were too far away to defend. A few days later, the clan defected as expected.
They had lands, and my relationship with them was high (at about 80). But the game calculations do not seem to adjust for relationship. I think it should.
In my opinion, clan defection should be 0% chance if relationship is 50 or higher. 1% chance if the relationship is between 1 and 49. 30% chance if it's zero or negative. 100% chance if it is below negative 20.
I think 0% chance is a bit too unrealistic. There always needs to be a chance of defection. For RP reasons such as the person wanting to have their own kingdom, being offered more lands and fiefs elsewhere, thinks you're too old to lead now etc etc.

I think 0% chance is a bit too unrealistic. There always needs to be a chance of defection. For RP reasons such as the person wanting to have their own kingdom, being offered more lands and fiefs elsewhere, thinks you're too old to lead now etc etc.
Ok, make it 0.001%, or even 0.1%. There is still a chance there, but in practical terms, that might as well be zero.
I just now downloaded the Defection Overhaul mod and it works in a similar way, except it's threshold (this is adjustable) is -30 influence. So a clan will have zero chance of defecting until your influence drops to -30. And that is way more radical than I'm suggesting. I have adjusted the mod's threshold to +20 influence. So far, I have had no defections.
Anyway, according to posts at Nexus mods, people seem happy with it. Some players even say they won't play Bannerlord, if it does not have this mod.

Ok, make it 0.001%, or even 0.1%. There is still a chance there, but in practical terms, that might as well be zero.
I just now downloaded the Defection Overhaul mod and it works in a similar way, except it's threshold (this is adjustable) is -30 influence. So a clan will have zero chance of defecting until your influence drops to -30. And that is way more radical than I'm suggesting. I have adjusted the mod's threshold to +20 influence. So far, I have had no defections.
Anyway, according to posts at Nexus mods, people seem happy with it. Some players even say they won't play Bannerlord, if it does not have this mod.
Mods FTW :grin:

Weirdly enough i've never had issues with them defecting. And I got a bunch of clans, even had some earlier with -71 relationship and they still stuck around.

Back
Top Bottom