SP - General Clan Tiers/Reputation - Perk Tree

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all.

Alternate Post Title - Yet another clan tier thread

Anyone looking to debate/contribute to the idea of a clan system, with an action based perk tree.

First, having the clan gain/lose renown down multiple trees based on actions taken, based on the clan reputation. Say the clan is merciless, raiding villages, executing nobles, ETC. This allows for renown gain down a specific tree, however gaining renown down an opposing tree- being merciful, causes the clan to lose major renown out of the merciless tree for a minor gain in the merciful tree. I would argue for at least 4 paths, with 2 opposing branches of 2, example mercy/merciless - daring/cautious. With 'neutral' actions such as tournaments, battles, etc. still contributing. Add in perks down each branch as a motivation/reward for pursuing that tree. While a bit complicated, I think this would change up the game and add in a bit of flavor, giving reasons to behave a certain way as well as making you choose who leads the other clan parties. It would also change up the balance of other clans, and make it more scrambled, with clans possibly gaining/losing tiers.

Second, a perk system added to the current tier system, making the player choose between perks upon clan level. On that note, I think there should be more clan tiers added into the game, I would like to see a system with more lower levels, each one providing a small perk as a bonus. Perhaps the first say 5 levels provide a choice along the lines of an extra companion or caravan or +10 to party, increasing more with each level. I also think a solution to the max allowed clan tier would be an exponentially increasing renown requirement, with no level cap and a flat party bonus, balanced by penalties along the lines of tax losses, higher renown loses, things along the lines of "corporate inefficiency" due to being so large.

Second, a perk system added to the current tier system, making the player choose between perks upon clan level. On that note, I think there should be more clan tiers added into the game, I would like to see a system with more lower levels, each one providing a small perk as a bonus. Perhaps the first say 5 levels provide a choice along the lines of an extra companion or caravan or +10 to party, increasing more with each level. I also think a solution to the max allowed clan tier would be an exponentially increasing renown requirement, with no level cap and a flat party bonus, balanced by penalties along the lines of tax losses, higher renown loses, things along the lines of "corporate inefficiency" due to being so large.
Nice idea!
Double the levels and add a perk-choice every second level ups.

First, having the clan gain/lose renown down multiple trees based on actions taken, based on the clan reputation. Say the clan is merciless, raiding villages, executing nobles, ETC. This allows for renown gain down a specific tree, however gaining renown down an opposing tree- being merciful, causes the clan to lose major renown out of the merciless tree for a minor gain in the merciful tree. I would argue for at least 4 paths, with 2 opposing branches of 2, example mercy/merciless - daring/cautious. With 'neutral' actions such as tournaments, battles, etc. still contributing. Add in perks down each branch as a motivation/reward for pursuing that tree. While a bit complicated, I think this would change up the game and add in a bit of flavor, giving reasons to behave a certain way as well as making you choose who leads the other clan parties. It would also change up the balance of other clans, and make it more scrambled, with clans possibly gaining/losing tiers.
Cool suggestion but how should these perks interact with the game? With the charachters? Mercyful charachters in Mercyless clans? Craven clans and daring clans? Craven ruler clan and daring vassals? Craven clan leader in a daring clan?

And what if the clan only does neutral acts? Regular honorable warfare, no executions ETC, does they not gain any clan perks then? Or is these perks of trade-off charachter?

Owning land should be the major thing adding to partysize. Only the lower clan-tiers should add to it.
Tier should unlock forming armies and not beeing part of a faction.. It can also state how many members armies the clan´s armies can have.
Tier should not state how many companions or many workshops you can have. THis is up to you and your economy, though it should still handle how many parties you can have. Caravans should count as a party.

Ideally, I think there should be no Clain - tiers, but a instead just a perk-tree or a legacy track.

Back
Top Bottom