Clan roles

Users who are viewing this thread

Ferisko

Knight at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
Greetings forum members,

Right now lords are like headless chikens waging war 24/7, since we have party roles and party/kingdom stances, what if we added a role for 3 clan members?

The clan representative.

The clan representative should be per default the clan leader, this party would be the only one that can create/join armies and as the name says and would represent the clan inside the kingdom. As the player, we would be that, with the option to delegate that task to a companion/family member (resolving the problem with all companions joining armies).
This way the number of armies would decrease per kingdom (making big battles gain a little bit of importance), we could also recive a pop-up with invitations for armies like in warband (if we press to join army, the army commander loses his/her influence convoking us, but if we refuse that npc would lose no influence).

The Clan Warrior.

Per default this clan member would be the most combat focused memeber excluding the leader, his task would be to skirmish alone enemy lands (imagine battania sieging sargot while a swarm of "Clan warriors" raid the nortern parts of vlandia, dividing it's forces) this would increase small battles (1v1, 2v1, 2v2, etc.) that we can join and are also fun to play. As a secondary task it could defend the kingdom. It would also be the one who takes the representative role if the clan leader is captured.

The land keeper.

For last we would have the land keeper, the primary function of this party would be fighting bandits, maintain garrison troops, train them and more importantly, do town and villages quests (no more 5% chance when entering a settlement to complete a quest).

I've come with this idea because for me it's silly to have a Clan or a "House" of a kingdom risk all it's memebers in the same army and not think about it's properties
It could be expanded a lot more and I would appreciate your toughts.

KEYFEKEDER

Veteran
The land keeper.

For last we would have the land keeper, the primary function of this party would be fighting bandits, maintain garrison troops, train them and more importantly, do town and villages quests (no more 5% chance when entering a settlement to complete a quest).
I think that is the most needed one out of all. You find a kingdom, you literally become the Prince. Yet the game still expects player to grind like a peasant when he/she is literally ruler of a kingdom.

In what world a king/queen runs commoner errands, wastes labor in smithing or visits villages one by one to recruit peasants and spends time training them all the way afterwards?

Fionn153

Recruit
I can support this idea.
Seems like it fits with the base Game and wouldn't break immersion.
Could also interact nicely with the other game mechanics, in that the personality of the Lord and their skills / party strength would contribute to how the AI assigns different Clan roles.
This would prevent weaker parties or Lords from venturing into enemy territory alone to get captured raiding a random village.
I would recommend changing the Clan Role names to the following: Leader (as the Clan Representative), Raider / Warrior (as the Clan Warrior), and Defender (as the Land Keeper).

Top Bottom