Resolved Clan role only possible for the first vassal

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Since the roles within the clan can no longer be assigned in the Clan menue, the option was to enter a town or settlement and speak to your vassals there.
However, I found that only my first (bodyguard) vassal can be found in town. The option to ask him to call in the other vassals is also missing. So, I do have vassals that I would like to assign roles to, such as surgeon, scout etc, but I can not do so ANYWHERE anymore. :sad:

Tested some more and found the following...
In a city I only have access to the first companion which cannot summon any of the other members.
In a village I have access to the other companions and then each companion, even the first one, can summon the others.
The clan roles are only shown when I am about to assign a clan role. The Clan overview (L) does not have any information on that.
Also, none of the clan roles can be assigned to myself, the player ! Intended??

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Then excuse my stupid question, but how do you assign clan roles in the Clan screen? It is the one you access via L, right?
Right clicking, left clicking, nothing opens a selection for me that would allow me to assign or change clan roles.

Last edited:
Idk if this is a bug regarding companions in towns, but I have found the same issue. The first companion can't recall the other comapnions in towns.
I found that most of your companions will be in the town tavern instead of the streets. And if you head in there you can call them all out.

I cant change role (quartermaster etc) in my party for my brother.
Changed party formations (archers, infantry etc...) in case of my companions go back, when they create own party. It is problem - for example, when i give him/her horse and he/her shift back to infantry.
patch 1.5.7

Sure, here is a screenshot from the ClanScreen
On that screen (Clan Screen) choose the option that says Parties, there you will see the members of your party and be able to assign them roles.

For your OP problem, you can also mouse over them in the party menu and choose an option to talk to them, this will spawn you in a dialogue scene with them, where roles can be assigned. Currently their is a known bug where the Brother NPC cannot be assigned a role vai the clan menu, but he can be when talk to.

I cant change role (quartermaster etc) in my party for my brother.
Changed party formations (archers, infantry etc...) in case of my companions go back, when they create own party. It is problem - for example, when i give him/her horse and he/her shift back to infantry.
patch 1.5.7
I missed you post, but I gave a work around to your Brother problem in my above post. Your second problem is something that still needs some work. Hopefully it will be addressed in future order of battle updates.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom