Clan Party Morale Removed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hammerhi99

Veteran
After months I recently came back into game when it came out of EA.

Now I wonder whether the morale for clanmember-parties or (NP-parties in general) was maybe temporarily removed from game, because I can´t find the morale status anywhere when I want to check it.

That's a good question. I might guess it gets averaged together for each group in battle, but it's just as likely it's just ignored completely and only your own moral matters for you own forces and AI enemy just uses some default. No idea what the truth is, but moral is pretty much useless anyways, other then I suppose something for the player to be annoyed by occasionally.

That's a good question. I might guess it gets averaged together for each group in battle, but it's just as likely it's just ignored completely and only your own moral matters for you own forces and AI enemy just uses some default. No idea what the truth is, but moral is pretty much useless anyways, other then I suppose something for the player to be annoyed by occasionally.
Some skills are depending on (high <-- whatever "high" means) morale. Formerly you could at least check your other clan parties morale (and then get angry, because it was allways somewhere around 49/100 and hardly went higher), but now I have no clue at all.

Morale HAS an effect on how soon or late during a battle troops start to flee, thats for sure.

Does anyone here know how much base battle morale a party has at the start of a battle?
I have to pick a leadership skill for my character. One choice is this: "Each tier 6 troop increases party battle morale by 1, up to 10 at the start of battle." Is 10 a big increase or a tiny increase?
If the base morale is 50, then an increase of 10 is 20%. That is good.
If the base morale is 1000, then an increase of 10 is 1%. That's pretty useless.
How can players judge which skill to choose if there isn't any information about base battle morale?

Does anyone here know how much base battle morale a party has at the start of a battle?
I have to pick a leadership skill for my character. One choice is this: "Each tier 6 troop increases party battle morale by 1, up to 10 at the start of battle." Is 10 a big increase or a tiny increase?
If the base morale is 50, then an increase of 10 is 20%. That is good.
If the base morale is 1000, then an increase of 10 is 1%. That's pretty useless.
How can players judge which skill to choose if there isn't any information about base battle morale?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that ai party morale is just like player party morale which is on a scale of 0-100, which would make +10 a substantial increase.

But then, considering that it's a TaleWorlds design, there's a decent chance that ai party morale works on a completely different scale.

Even so, I tend to pick the morale buffs for my companion party leaders. I have no way of confirming it, but basic intuition leads me to believe that morale would be a key factor in simulation battles. That could very possibly be wrong and it might be just Tactics and nothing else, but I'm gonna stick to that belief until proven otherwise.

Thank you.
I do usually pick that skill, just as you suggest. However, it would just be nice if the user interface had a definite indicator of party morale.
Otherwise, the skill tree should say "party battle morale will increase" instead of saying "party battle morale will increase by 10." The 10 is just plain stupid if there is no context to that number.

Party Morale is in the bar at the bottom right with your money, influence, etc.. Battle Morale is derived from Party Morale at the start of a battle and it's shown on each formation while you're selecting them to give commands during battle. I don't know whether or not the game explains this since I haven't bothered looking at the encyclopedia's concepts.

Morale is sadly one of the many neglected features of the game, it does not play a role big enough, given the fact that morale was one of the most decisive factors in ancient battles. I don't care at all about morale in the newer versions of BL, same for perks about morale. Usually enemies flee when 97 out of 100 are already dead. Useless.

Back
Top Bottom