Users who are viewing this thread

SirBoris

Recruit
Hello, I love the game, i really do. Honestly though, ive taken a break after logging 217 hours. The reason behind that is I'm simply waiting for one specific game changing aspect to be implemented. I cant be the only person who wants the ability to command parties that are ran by my companion. I cant be the only person thats thought of this which is why i haven't said anything. I want the ability to be able to at least command a party to patrol a specific area. Say I got a castle and its got enemies around or looters, I should be able to tell a companion to patrol the castle. Or have one follow me or track a specific person that i want found. right now i think when you make a clan they just roam and do what they do, which seems to be just repeatedly get captured then i have to go get them and give them more troops. Or have a party defend a castle from the inside, and whenever a friendly faction or our own clan gets attacked on our territory they go help defend.
This will help a lot of existing players like myself get more out of the game and also bring more players to the game as well.
Thank you for reading this,
Andrew.

I want it too and I guess most of us would like this feature. It would make a lot of sense and will improve the gameplay, so TW probably won´t add it :wink: .

I want it too and I guess most of us would like this feature. It would make a lot of sense and will improve the gameplay, so TW probably won´t add it :wink: .
They are looking into it, debbie downer :wink:

Yes this solution suits better to game’s other elements. However then you will have only 3-5 different options. Otherwise enable/disable solution has 2^n different options. (n is number of checkboxes)

Probably we will do something similar to your suggestion because checkbox solution does not fit with game’s other elements. I personally prefer 2^n choices to control everything but to keep things simple your suggestion is better.

We can do this via clan menu or dialog. If we do via dialog you need to find your clan member and talk to change his/her behavior (negative) but we can add more adjustments via dialog (positive).

So final decision is not mine. I examined mod shared here also. Taking notes.

Maybe add a "this companion reforms it's party after being destroyed"-button somewhere too.

Oh, and there is so much more I'd like to have ...

What?? You cannot controll your parties? Then what's the point of creating them?

(I still haven't gotten far in the game to create another party)

That would be amazing. I had one guy just running in circles, it was nuts.

It would also be nice if they let us know when the next update was coming out and what they were working on. If they need to delay for whatever reason just let us know as well. I feel like the more i check for the updates the more frustrated i get. When i finally get the update it's disappointing, covering nothing that i was hoping for. By the way, lowering the FPS to 60 improved my game big time, thanks for the tip.

What?? You cannot controll your parties? Then what's the point of creating them?

RIGHT, thats why i thought that i didnt have to say anything but im SURE they are going to implement it. We do have to keep in mind that the game is in progress, and our opinions in this discussion will hopefully play a key part in designing the best game ever

There apparently is a mod for that, but alas it was out of date by the time I downloaded it.

It was pretty common and very popular in Warband mods, which is why I was really surprised that TW didn't automatically include it.

I thought Bannerlord would have gleaned all the best ideas from the Warband mods, but instead they experimented with new and untried ideas.

Damn, I wish they just took the easy route and just used the ideas that already worked.

Things I need for companion parties to not be a headache:

-I want to be able to disable noble companions from joining armies. Either I can set a toggle in the party management screen or a pop-up could alert me to an army forming that a party of mine could join and I could yea or nay it. Currently wanderer leaders will never join an army and it seems like noble leaders will ALWAYS join an army. This does make the Golden companions extra valuable in a sense but for the love of god allow me to control it. I hate having a strong party with good troops get sucked into an army and are then thrown away to bad decisions unless I personally follow the army with my own army just to protect it. (although this isn't actually a bad strategy a lot of times, when enemies swarm your friendly army you can swoop in with your backup army and get tons of prisoners/relationship points pretty easily and then you can take the city)

-I want to be able to tell a party to patrol around a certain area and defend it. You could do this in Warband. Since you lose relationship if an enemy is interrupted while pillaging I need to place parties in choke points to prevent the pillaging from even starting. This wouldn't be hard to do if I could just tell my parties to do so.

-I want to be able to disable pillaging of enemy villages. I don't really want Nathanos to run into enemy territory on his own where he will get swarmed by 5 smaller parties. Nathanos is supposed to be a good guy. If you don't want to give us direct control at least make it connected to the traits of the party leader. Honorable people shouldn't really pillage. Evil, merciless, vindictive and cruel people would probably do it non stop.

-Speaking of toggles, make it so that our companions only donate troops to towns/castles if I have the option enabled in the party management screen. AI parties will never donate to the player so the whole system needs to be reworked based on how the AI lord feels about the owner of the castle or some such thing. In fact there needs to be a fix for player controlled kingdoms. If you join an AI kingdom all conquered cities/castles default to the king until the election happens. You can walk an army into a newly captured city and have the army donate 100 free troops! Then the election happens, you win the election and they are your troops. YAY. It's good for the kingdom and for you. In a player owned kingdom the newly conquered city defaults to the player and the army you are leading will refuse to donate troops. This seems a little lame and if it is not overpowered to operate one way in the AI kingdom it shouldn't be overpowered to operate that way for the player kingdom. Regardless both cases should have the same mechanics and having two different systems reeks of a mechanic that needs a rework.

-ALLOW US TO MAKE ARMIES WITH OUR CLAN MEMBERS WHEN NOT PART OF A KINGDOM!!!! Currently you have to essentially leave a kingdom to form a kingdom because of how difficult it is to conquer anything with only like 180 troops in your army. A tier 4 clan should easily be able to bring the clan parties together into an army and conquer land in order to found the kingdom. I don't mind choosing a dieing kingdom and backstabbing them once I have my town but it is a step that adds nothing to some styles of play. A conquest through charm play through will still want to join a kingdom and such but a mercenary playthrough should just allow you to seize a castle and declare yourself king.

-Let us allocate stats/skills/perks to companions not in our party. It makes it pointless to create parties before you are in a kingdom with a garrison because the companion/family member you send off as party leader will never be able to rejoin your group unless they get captured/released or you are willing to throw away a ton of troops.

-Allow the party leaders to actually earn scouting points. They earn stewardship points, they earn tactics points, they earn medicine and engineering but the party leader will never ever ever earn scouting points. I have no idea why. In 1.5.1 you can even set clan roles specifically for a party like Nathanos' party can have a separate scout assigned that is not your scout but it doesn't seem to work.

-Prevent parties from taking more troops then they can support which causes deserters. I know that this is related to parties taking all possible troops that were prisoners of defeated parties BUT perhaps make it so that the AI only takes troops up to their max party size and have them take the highest tier troops they can while abandoning low tier troops. I'm tired of constantly taking militia spearmen, looters and peasants out of my companions party before they lose a tier 6 cavalry unit.

Last edited:

The only reason you could use them was to increase your party size by putting them into your army for 0 influence (of course when you are vassal). This way you could have a party size more than 300. The disadvantage however was you were slow as hell as an army. But if you built this way an army with T5 T6 units you could defeat 500-600 AI armies.

Unfortunately, the devs introduced a very annoying feature recently. Your companion parties drops units into any garrison of a castle you visit. So your hardly trained T6 units are left in some other lords castle and than they recruit T1 troops. Why TW, please? Why you introdused this?

You can't directly control them but you can have them join your army for free. If you have 3 parties as well as your own you can have them join together like voltron without spending influence. I generally keep all my parties following me (I dismiss them and then move a bit away and then summon them so that they are running after me without slowing me down) or in my own army at all times just to keep them from doing stupid things. A tier 5 king along with 3 companion parties can easily be 600-700 troops strong. And you do control them while in combat of course, their troops essentially act like your troops and join your formations allowing your captains bonuses to apply to troops from all the parties.

The only reason you could use them was to increase your party size by putting them into your army for 0 influence (of course when you are vassal). This way you could have a party size more than 300. The disadvantage however was you were slow as hell as an army. But if you built this way an army with T5 T6 units you could defeat 500-600 AI armies.

Unfortunately, the devs introduced a very annoying feature recently. Your companion parties drops units into any garrison of a castle you visit. So your hardly trained T6 units are left in some other lords castle and than they recruit T1 troops. Why TW, please? Why you introdused this?
I ditch them before going into a friendly town I don't own and then pick them back up right outside. It's a pain but until they fix it not much you can do.

I ditch them before going into a friendly town I don't own and then pick them back up right outside. It's a pain but until they fix it not much you can do.
I do not understand why this was introduced in the first place (for player owned parties).
I will decide when I will put any troops in garrison.
Or was this just a byproduct of introducing this behaviour for AI parties and they did not exlude player companion parties? Honestly, if this is the case it's not very good news...

I do not understand why this was introduced in the first place (for player owned parties).
I will decide when I will put any troops in garrison.
Or was this just a byproduct of introducing this behaviour for AI parties and they did not exlude player companion parties? Honestly, if this is the case it's not very good news...
That's literally what happened. Or they meant to exclude player parties but instead excluded player towns!!! :sad:

I mean, the amount of stuttering I get in huge battles in now 0 whereas a few months ago it would be very bad so I appreciate that work. They have definitely updated a lot of stuff from 1.3 - 1.5.1 that make the game much much much more fun in terms of war declarations/troop upgrades/replacement nobles but I really really really hope they work on the companion issues for 1.6

Common they must implement this of course they will, i mean the base game must be better then warband with mods right?
and everybody is asking for this.
i think they are just working on the basics getting all done first.
but it would be nice to have a overview of what is being worked on.
i guess because of covid the 1 year prediction of remaining in early access must be delayed.

Speaking of toggles, make it so that our companions only donate troops to towns/castles if I have the option enabled in the party management screen.

This +1000. Companions giving away top tier troops and recruiting scrubs to replace them is maddening. There was a mod to fix this but I don't believe it is up to date. I can't imagine why anyone thought that having your companions give away the troops that you gave them was a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom