Clan Independence? Possible Bug or I'm just missing something

Users who are viewing this thread

Zelg21

Recruit
Hi all, absolutely loving the game so far despite the completely vague quest descriptions and the like.

I'm going through the Dragon Banner quest, I have taken captured my own non-imperial settlement, I have reached clan lvl 3, and I have acquired over 100 troops. Those 3 boxes are all ticked. The one box that is not ticked is the Clan Independence box. Before I even started completing the quest, I left my previous kingdom that I was a mercenary for and as far as I know I'm not with any other kingdom.

Is there something else I should know about having my clan become independent or is this a bug?

Ive tried googling but every search brings me to 100 different "guide" websites that all have the same limited info with no reference to clan independence other than you needing to be independent (well, duh).

I'm kinda ready to punch my monitor over this so if anyone has a thought, let me know.

Thanks!

Might be a bug. I did that quest, ticked the same boxes, and left Batannia to fulfill the independence one. Last thing I had to do was capture an Imperial settlement, and when I did that - bingo - quest complete.

So apparently you need to be a part of a kingdom during the quest (I left before this part of the quest). I ended up joining another kingdom and leaving right away to test and sure enough, the clan independence box ticked. Silly.

So apparently you need to be a part of a kingdom during the quest (I left before this part of the quest). I ended up joining another kingdom and leaving right away to test and sure enough, the clan independence box ticked. Silly.
yes i did the same joined a kingdom and left it right a way, clan independence achieved, it has to be a bug but this is an easy fix for the time being

This was the fix for me:
- Download "developer console" mod from nexusmods https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4
- Extract the zip file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules
- Start the Bannerlord launcher and then tick Developer Console in the Singleplayer > Mods tab.
-- Navigate to "Modules > DeveloperConsole > bin > Win64_Shipping_Client" in your game files.
-- Right click the "DeveloperConsole.dll" and click properties
-- Click unblock at the bottom.
- add this mod to your game
- enable cheat mode in game by typing "config.cheat_mode 1" in the developer console
- use command "campaign.activate_all_policies_for_player_kingdom" in the console
- leave the player kingdom you're in now by clicking the `leave kingdom` button in the kingdom UI
- disable cheat mode with "config.cheat_mode 0"
- remove the mod

You have to make sure your captured settlement is an original non-empire/empire settlement depending on what kind of kingdom you want to build. The settlements themselves do not change type. Edit: Scratch that. I retested.

Last edited:
So we all confirm it is a bug - the independent box is not ticked either if you left another kingdom being a mercenary or if you have never joined any other kingdom, right?
There are two ways to get it ticked - one is to join another kingdom as a vassal and leave it, another one is "to scratch your left ear using a right hand", i.e. use developer mode / cheat mode etc.

I wonder why it is not fixed yet? Other priorities?

So we all confirm it is a bug - the independent box is not ticked either if you left another kingdom being a mercenary or if you have never joined any other kingdom, right?
There are two ways to get it ticked - one is to join another kingdom as a vassal and leave it, another one is "to scratch your left ear using a right hand", i.e. use developer mode / cheat mode etc.

I wonder why it is not fixed yet? Other priorities?
I think the dragon banner quest is almost universally hated and completely avoided by most player after the "create kingdom" option was added.
Would make sense to not waste time on it. Maybe make a new questline at a later date as this one is very ill received and has many many problems.

I think the dragon banner quest is almost universally hated and completely avoided by most player after the "create kingdom" option was added.
Would make sense to not waste time on it. Maybe make a new questline at a later date as this one is very ill received and has many many problems.

Yeah there needs to be some kind of reward for doing it. If you present the banner to a ruler, you don't even get relation or influence or anything, and the time limit they give you isn't enough to prepare for a kingdom.

Agreed, but I expected the team would fix known issues.
However, with new patches everything becomes to be worse and worse - now crafted items dissappear, vassals run around with 0 troops while the system shows (army invite) they have 188 troops, etc. etc. I am kind of tired to see how things are "fixed", will wait for Cyberpunk.

This has not been fixed spent HOURS trying to figure this out....best thing is i left my own kingdom to re join another an now apparently im at war with them all so nowhere near fixed....please cna you explain this as it is main quest and is a huge issue

Back
Top Bottom