Clan/Group Banner

Users who are viewing this thread

You should also create a thread with a list of them and your name first. With the name I would recommend that you either search for some historical groups among the actual normans, or you ask some people more knowledgeable than me for an idea. I would just recommend not calling yourselves "The normans", but maybe something more modest^^

Yeah I read post about not calling yourself the whole faction. I was thinking of calling it something like

"Les Conquérants" or "Le Armee de Normandie"

Something Frenchy!

Takeda_Shingen said:
Yeah I read post about not calling yourself the whole faction. I was thinking of calling it something like

"Les Conquérants" or "Le Armee de Normandie"

Something Frenchy!

Would be cool if someone could help you with old French!

Yeah that needs sorting out. Also need someone to help me make a cool Norman banner  :smile:

So if anyone wants to help PM me or just do something  :lol:

Moeck told me to put all my stuff here  :wink:

This is our banner:​
scaled.php

Our standard:​
scaled.php

Our shield (bottom row, second one across from the left)​
scaled.php

Thanks to Smiley who made these and made my life happy  :mrgreen:

Unfortunately the banners and standards can only be added by us into patches. You could replace your own version by saving it under the name of an existing texture in the Textures folder of vikingr as a .dds file. This way the game would always use your texture for whatever your replaced, but if you for example replace one of the heraldry slots of for example "banners_g.dds" it would look right only for you, because for all the other players on the server only their own, original version would show.

So thats why people should post their designs here, so we can implement them into a patch which leads to the same texture loading for everyone, so that it looks as it should.

Okay, I am posting to ask for the very appreiciated help from a Master of the Arts and Artful ways, to help Fir Áraig develop their sheild, banner and standard! I have done some very, very basic and preliminary stuff just as guidance for myself but they are very much WIP and I am affraid my skills cannot allow for further progress!

So, any help would be really appreiciated!

Thanks! Celtic. :smile:

You can try replacing one of the normal shield textures with your custom clan ones to test them out in game :smile: Same for the standard, you can replace the Engle standard to see how it will look.

Aha, but they are far from done!

And they're not even 50% done! Not a percentage I'd wish to try out! :smile:

As there was a inconsistency in the orientation of the shields (small, medium and big) I fixed it, but this also means that if you have a non-symmetrical design you'll have to turn around your design.

And since Smiley has been kind enough to make new templates with more goodies I suggest downloading those and putting your design in there (with the orientation indicated by the example designs in there).

Sorry for the inconvenience!

New medium/big template
New small template

Okay, reworked it. Here another special thanks to IG_Archivist for his amazing work!

last_clan_shield_template_big.png

last_clan_shield_template_small.png

And so we do not forget the banner:

standard_saxon_blank-1.png

There has been a change to my clans banner and other stuff  :grin:

L'Armee Du Batard​

bastardlion.jpg
The Bastards Banner​

shieldsh.png
The Bastards Shield with the left shield for the Duke only, the middle shield for lower soldiers and the right shield for proven soldiers​

normanstandart3.jpg
The Bastards Standard​

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,210829.0.html​
The Bastards Clan Thread​

Just replace the old stuff with the new stuff, Thank you  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom