Clan Banners

Users who are viewing this thread

Dante.

Reverse Fake ID
Grandmaster Knight
Please submit your clan banner design here if you would like it to be included in the mod.

This is an official thread endorsed by the developers.

Shadian said:
Who can we contact to make a banner, or how can I make my own so I can submit it?

Well get something like Photoshop if you want to make one. I'm sure there are some members of the community that will make one for you. I'm no good at it so don't ask me  :lol:

Shadian said:
Who can we contact to make a banner, or how can I make my own so I can submit it?

I have to make those banners using my banner template to make it look good in-game, so all you need to do is give me general idea how the banner should look like or just post the image, if you can find such banner somewhere on the internet. I'll take care of the rest.

Also, if clans will be interested in protecting their in-game banner, so that only clan members could pick it, I can code simple system which will protect those banners with password.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Shadian said:

I have to make those banners using my banner template to make it look good in-game, so all you need to do is give me general idea how the banner should look like or just post the image, if you can find such banner somewhere on the internet. I'll take care of the rest.

Also, if clans will be interested in protecting their in-game banner, so that only clan members could pick it, I can code simple system which will protect those banners with password.

That password thing sounds very good. Maybe you could upload the banner psd so people could make there own? Would save you time.

That banner-password idea is very good. It'd make impersonating someone very hard. So if it's not a big deal, I'd love it to be in there. :smile:

Hugues said:
Shadian said:

That password thing sounds very good. Maybe you could upload the banner psd so people could make there own? Would save you time.

I think Slawomir wants to preserve some sense of uniformity and quality in his banners.  :wink:

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Hugues said:
Shadian said:

I think Slawomir wants to preserve some sense of uniformity and quality in his banners.  :wink:

Yes, but in the end, he decides whether to put the banner in the mod or not. If he doesn't think it's quality, it won't go in. If the PSD is supplied, people may come up with some great ideas on their own. They post their design here, and it goes from there :wink:

Added a poll.

I see this will go nowhere...  :razz:

All I shall say is that Slawomir has done a fudging awesome job with the banners. It only makes sense that he continues to hold artistic control over them - even more so if he has already offered to polish out clan suggestions. So it's pretty much a moot suggestion of releasing a .psd for people to use.

so all you need to do is give me general idea how the banner should look like or just post the image, if you can find such banner somewhere on the internet. I'll take care of the rest.

Shing a ding.

Edit: You do not need to lobby Slawomir either for a .psd file. Jesus wept...  :neutral:

Hmm, well we'll see what he says.

EDIT: I just want to see what people think, I'm not lobbying him, I'll go with whatever decision he makes. There are pro's and con's of both.

EDIT 2: Removed poll.

This thread is to add the banners of the clans?

This is the clan Tercios

bandera2-300x200.png

Hugues, I don't really have a single banner template. I have a template for the whole texture file (16 banners). Adding new banner using images just like the one above is about a minute or two for me, sometimes even less, and I can set the colors and banner positioning to whatever I like.

Of course I can prepare a single banner template, it will be not a big problem for me. I only fear one thing - that people will post ready-to-use but low quality banners that will not fit well with the rest I've made. It will be hard for me to reject such banners, since I value other people's work and time highly.

Hugues, I don't really have a single banner template. I have a template for the whole texture file (16 banners). Adding new banner using images just like the one above is about a minute or two for me, sometimes even less, and I can set the colors and banner positioning to whatever I like.

Of course I can prepare a single banner template, it will be not a big problem for me. I only fear one thing - that people will post ready-to-use but low quality banners that will not fit well with the rest I've made. It will be hard for me to reject such banners, since I value other people's work and time highly.

I understand. I think it would be better to just stick with you doing it.

can jmessage you a banner so you can remake it with your template?

banner for my company.... its crap i know but i made it to give you an idea of what i wanted
EssexMercinariesbanner.jpg

it took me about 5 minutes in paint (im hoping you have bore sophisticated teck XD)
and the weird guns are placeholders for muskets but feel free to get rid of them if deemed necisary :smile:

The one thing people should remember is not too make your banners too sophisticated ^^ The reason being is that IG, the banners are displayed in the TAB menu as very small images. Thus lots of detail will just show it as almost a blur of colour. That being said, sometime sophisticated banners are okay because you can display some lovely stuff on your thread etc.

Back
Top Bottom