OSP Code Campaign Claimant's Rebellion

Users who are viewing this thread

Claimant's rebellion OSP Here it is, for everyone who has waited for this.

This script code give more gameplay to generic native, got annoyed with the fact that claimants do nothing but whine about the king(s) waiting for a Hero(aka you) to come and help them, i thought why couldn't they do it themself? so thats why i made this script, based off of SoD's invasion script (where the imperials come to invade caldera(sp?)) with heavy coding to it to work with claimants.

To give the claimants a fighting chance (they only have half the lords a normal faction does) they spawn with their home town(I.E Lady of Suno instantly takes Suno from swadians) which adds immersion to the game i think, (they're a rebel faction so they rebel from within the town, which i wouldn't mind making a new script to do that for the player....taking over a town/castle from the inside, sweeeet) thats pretty much the jest of this script. other then making new claimants and lords, this is pretty easy. (i just copied the claimants and added a 2 at the end :smile:)

Please give credit where it is due.

Thanks

Alakeram

P.S when your using this script, you need to add new lords and new claimants :smile: (just use the names defined in scripts and simple triggers, i used kingdom_1_pretender2 just to be easy :smile:) Oh i forgot to add one thing in the readme, put pretender2 under the kings in troops.py so it reads them as kings thruout scripts.py and triggers etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idibil said:
Nice idea.

How it run in game? need player do something or he see clamaint troops like a lord invasion army only?

After a set amount of days that the player does not help claimant the claimants will rebel on their own to take what's theirs. thats what my mod says anyways :smile:
pretty much if the player doesn't help a claimant they rebel on their own.

so we have to add the rebel lords....but do they use that faction's troops?...or do we have to add new troops as well just for the rebels?

EDIT: Ok, I got it just had to look at the scripts closer.  So we just have to add the rebel's lords. 

Dawg of War said:
so we have to add the rebel lords....but do they use that faction's troops?...or do we have to add new troops as well just for the rebels?

EDIT: Ok, I got it just had to look at the scripts closer.  So we just have to add the rebel's lords.

and the new pretenders :smile: i just removed old pretenders from game when new ones spawn, claimants are heavily coded (i tryed using original pretenders but when they're walkin around on map they don't have any dialogue except bandit's dialogue)

10-4....sounds good, this is going to be fun. :cool:

Also may want to describe what exactly is needed in the first post, as far as adding new lords and pretenders, so people don't erase the old pretenders.

Alakeram said:
and the new pretenders :smile: i just removed old pretenders from game when new ones spawn, claimants are heavily coded (i tryed using original pretenders but when they're walkin around on map they don't have any dialogue except bandit's dialogue)
That could (should?) have been dealt with in module_dialogs as opposed to creating new troops.

Dawg of War said:
Also may want to describe what exactly is needed in the first post, as far as adding new lords and pretenders, so people don't erase the old pretenders.
Aye, a more detailed first post explaining exactly what the pack contains and what would should do with it is essential.

Caba`drin said:
Alakeram said:
That could (should?) have been dealt with in module_dialogs as opposed to creating new troops.

Dawg of War said:
Aye, a more detailed first post explaining exactly what the pack contains and what would should do with it is essential.

i looked for all dialogue pertaining claimants, but nothing that indicates the dialog i was getting, its like they received generic dialog (like the dialog you get from running into manhunters) and i put myself at war with them, then i got dialog like running into looters, so if you know the cause i would like to hear it :smile: unless i have to make all new dialog for them when they rebel? and also noticed, when i had them in triggers (main claimants) it removed them from game, thats another reason why i made new troops, alot easier then finding the reason behind that....

and you're right i should do a more detailed explanation but i had a wife yellin at me and kids screamin at the time so i threw it up n got off lol (just keep telling myself i love my wife... lol)

Dont know if anyone could help me with this but i followed the instructions compiler dont give any errors but i have 2 problems in-game.

1- Rebel clan lords dont have any troops when spawned and they dont recruit any troops either.

2- When i click the rebel lords in notes to see their family tree etc. notes menu says they left the domain.

It would be great if someone could revive this awesome script. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom