Claimant Quest: do your friendly rebel lords regenerate their armies?

Users who are viewing this thread

fisheye

Grandmaster Knight
So I got one or two guys to join my rebellion, but sometimes they lose men (once one of them totally disobeyed my orders, and rushed off with an army of 50 to attack 6 looters, losing 1 Nord warrior in the process  :shock:).

So, do they grow back, or something? Or am I stuck with just these guys until I finish the rebellion?

Well, in my game experience I've seen my friendly rebel lords traveling back to a city or a castle after losing some men in battle (about 20-30) to reorganize their army.
So, in my opinion, their armies will grow back but not while following you, they have to "recharge" in some city or castle.

Well in MY experience all lords hire troops like you. I have seen many times lords standing by a village I go and ask what he's men are doing and they say We are recruiting, That usually why you find Recruits/Tribesmen in armies

saggsett said:
Well in MY experience all lords hire troops like you. I have seen many times lords standing by a village I go and ask what he's men are doing and they say We are recruiting, That usually why you find Recruits/Tribesmen in armies
I have no solid proof, but that does seem to be the way it works now, but it didn't in .906. I think it's a huge improvement!

Pre-v1.0, as far as I could tell, a lord seemed to generate troops at some unknown rate while sitting around in a settlement, and their armies were always made up of troops native to their country.

In 1.03, I, too, have seen lords that say they're going to such-and-such village for "recruiting".

Also, I was really surprised (and really confused) when a Rhodok force besieged my little castle, and I found myself fighting a mixture Rhodok, Khergit, and Vaegir troops! I haven't seen that happen since, and it's so amazing that I can't help but doubt myself, but I know I didn't imagine it!

To answer the OP, though, they "grow back". One way or the other.

Rhedd said:
Also, I was really surprised (and really confused) when a Rhodok force besieged my little castle, and I found myself fighting a mixture Rhodok, Khergit, and Vaegir troops! I haven't seen that happen since, and it's so amazing that I can't help but doubt myself, but I know I didn't imagine it!

Perhaps they simply recruited some rescued prisoners from previous battles.

I think that IA troops can level up just like player ones: I've fought against Khergit armies with some Sword Sister enrolled. I think Khergits set free some Peasant Woman from Steppe Bandits and then they raised 'em in SS.

It depends on their wealth. During a rebellion, they will not regain troops while following you, but sometimes you see them wait around a village. If you ask them what they're doing, they say "Recruiting soldiers from (village name)"

What about the rebel lord you swore fealty to - does he ever "gather" new troops to hold a castle of his if you gave it to him?  (or am I just going to have to recapture that beast again in a few days?  So far he has 23 guys defending it...that should last a while...lol)

The claimant does not gather troops as long as he is part of your troop. The cities or castles you give him get a starting stack (the mentioned 20 to 25 men) but that's it. I usually solve this problem by ordering a lord to go there and then give him some troops - these stay in the city and not with the lord.
Actually this works with any city or castle and only during the rebellion.

For this purpose I only start the rebellion when I have enough (low level) men to garrison both my and the future rulers holdings.

Rhedd said:

I too love this, it gives the feeling that lords recruit mercenaries from all nations to add bulk to their armies, just like their real life counterparts did. Its also good because if your faction has conquered another's towns and villages, they too will recruit from there, giving an "empire" feeling aswell.

Hmm, so it seems his castle is SLOWLY building up troops on its own.  Somewhere around 10-20 a week or so - I could be way off, but it is getting some.  Only problem I have is no lords want to join me as I had maimed them so badly before joining up with the claimant.  Anyone know how to appease them?  I can't seem to find a way to make them hate me less. =)

Monk said:
Hmm, so it seems his castle is SLOWLY building up troops on its own.  Somewhere around 10-20 a week or so - I could be way off, but it is getting some.  Only problem I have is no lords want to join me as I had maimed them so badly before joining up with the claimant.  Anyone know how to appease them?  I can't seem to find a way to make them hate me less. =)

Crank up your honor rating, that'll make the honorable lords hate you less.... but it takes so long that it's generally not really worth the time if you have like -30 or more due to attacking them. It's probably easier just to conquer their asses.

Each time you let them go you gain 5 relationship with them... ive been doing that alot lately, dont want the entire New Nord Confederacy to hate me once i get done beating them all.

Last time I let one go I met him later and he was pissed about having been toyed with and I took a -15 hit (I think it was -15...it was big either way.)  Guess I'll find one of them who hates me least.  You only get to try and convince them once though, right?  So I might be out of luck already.

Back
Top Bottom