CKO Arquebus training

Users who are viewing this thread

Melon Man

Recruit
Alright, so as far as I know, the two factors that come into play with regards to CKO weapon proficiency training is the proficiency difference between the trainer and the troops, and the training skill. The Donovan in my current game has 359 firearm proficiency (my CKO knights have 210 firearm proficiency), and 9 training. I sent him to train my CKO twice (one time for 3 weeks, and one time for 4 weeks), yet for some reason, my CKO knights experienced absolutely no increase in their firearm proficiency. Why is this?

According to the wiki, the formula is
random [0-999] + trainer_skill*3 + (prof_difference/20-5)*5 >= 970 for knights and >= 980 for sergeants

The most important factor that come into play is luck so unless you get a high roll, you won't get any increase.

I'll ask the real question:
Are CKO with arquebus actually any good? Compared to CKO archers for example with high power draw.
Arquebus vastly underperform. They will be a huge disappointment if you're looking for efficiency.
You might chose them because of the sound and the look. It is a fun weapon.
You'll have to modify the arquebus if you want to balance it.

Actually, fielding large number of sergeants with arquebus isn't a bad idea.

They've got kick and firing endurance. I've fielded such armies in Pendor, and they work great, because they won't empty their ammo in first few waves, and still maintain enough fire to keep the enemy down.

Actually, fielding large number of sergeants with arquebus isn't a bad idea.
They've got kick and firing endurance. I've fielded such armies in Pendor, and they work great, because they won't empty their ammo in first few waves, and still maintain enough fire to keep the enemy down.

I think the question was : compared to equivalent CKO like arbalest and archer, how do they perform ? No doubt CKO sergeant / knights are super strong once they have high stats and a good player controlling them.
According to many players that did the comparison with arbalest and archer, they underperform in almost any case if not in every situation despite their theoretical advantage (high ammo, slow firing, ...).
I'm not saying they're bad but I did many test using editors and I was disappointed. I still like them because they're cool.

One on one, they'll lose to archer, that's true. But in battle, if you put a firing line of 100 arquebus, it's different thing. Archers will waste a lot of ammo in such situation due to them firing quickly at same targets. Arquebus will provide a steady stream of fire over much longer period. As long as you field enough of them to overwhelm the enemy wave, weakening it enough so it can be chopped down in melee without significant casualties, they'll last much longer than archers.

CKO archers will be better than any other ranged setup as they can have 2 quivers of e.g Melitine Arrows - 84 projectiles should last long enough.

As for common soldiers they are similar to xbowmen, but more ammo and can reload when moving (easier to keep them together during formation repositioning).

I usually take Barclay gunmen with me to clear Snake shrines. Just park them on the hill, grab 3 shields myself and let focus enemies on me. 50 bullets is a lot of help.

Back
Top Bottom