Civil War Wednesday [Cancelled]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These rules are beyond laughable...  its war lads  men grab cover, duck, fire and run.  these types of rules only add stuffy stupidity to the gameplay.  its the civil war very few regiments during this period fought like the British.  most of the southern units fought as spaced out running soldiers.  behind trees, cover and not in a line.  this why people hate regiments because the publics see them as stuffy non useful groups of tyrannical small endowed stupidity.  you want to organize a battle?  do it in a real style. i understand the limits on Calvary and cannons that makes sense.  but making calvary fire in a line is suicide?  and forming line behind cover?  i understand the ideal of not prolonging it.  but its war it should not have a time limit. if you cannot out preform a unit behind cover well you need retraining.  this is NW all over again its a civil war mod for the sake of Christ fight for your life with your regiment and don't turn it into a British line infantry battle

sas_Fury said:
These rules are beyond laughable...  its war lads  men grab cover, duck, fire and run.  these types of rules only add stuffy stupidity to the gameplay.  its the civil war very few regiments during this period fought like the British.  most of the southern units fought as spaced out running soldiers.  behind trees, cover and not in a line.  this why people hate regiments because the publics see them as stuffy non useful groups of tyrannical small endowed stupidity.  you want to organize a battle?  do it in a real style. i understand the limits on Calvary and cannons that makes sense.  but making calvary fire in a line is suicide?  and forming line behind cover?  i understand the ideal of not prolonging it.  but its war it should not have a time limit. if you cannot out preform a unit behind cover well you need retraining.  this is NW all over again its a civil war mod for the sake of Christ fight for your life with your regiment and don't turn it into a British line infantry battle
What? Southern regiments didn't fight in a line? I'm no Civil war expert but I think your talking out of your ass. Anyhow, the rules are there to prevent this becoming a "Do whatever the **** you want because my fun is more important then everyone else's combined" kind of situation. I'm speaking from personal experiences when I say that rules like "Making Calvary fire in a line" or "forming a line behind cover" made by the so called "Stuffy non useful groups of tyrannical small endowed stupidity"(Or as I like to call him, 5arge) are the things that make this event fun. I can understand that this is your opinion, but I have to ask? Have you ever been in a Linebattle? 

sas_Fury said:

Don't like the rules? Don't come to the battle, not that you were invited anyway.

sas_Fury said:
You must be new around here... you'll learn.

NO ROOM??!!!?!

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

DarkWinter.png

i don't normally comment on rules
but i think in this mod it might be best to not make cav fire in line.
i understand making them fire in line is so they're not abused, but i think they're really neutered in this mod because the guns are so accurate it's even easier to kill cav.
if its to powerful just limit their number

either way see ya out there

gunshy said:
i understand making them fire in line is so they're not abused, but i think they're really neutered in this mod because the guns are so accurate it's even easier to kill cav.

Where in the OP does it say "rules are up for discussion"? They are not. If you don't like them, F off, plain and simple. I shouldn't have to point this out, but cavalry are not what they were in 1812, this takes place in 1861. Heavy cav WAS neutered with the advent of rifled muskets, get used to it.

Hinkel84 said:
THIS... IS....SO.... BRILLIANT!

Its your work???  :shock: :shock:
That's Thundersnow's signature in the bottom corner there. He is a prolific artist. You may notice it is the same artistic style as my avatar picture, which was also drawn by T-snow.

Hay 5arge.

Any rules regarding firing during a charge, or are we free to be realistic? (I prefer firing in a charge).

Didn't see anythin' about it in the rules, so what's the gig?

LtSpearing said:
Hay 5arge.

Any rules regarding firing during a charge, or are we free to be realistic? (I prefer firing in a charge).

You must be new to NA linebattles :wink:

LtSpearing said:
Hay 5arge.

"...Soldiers should only fire their rifles or pistols while in a properly spaced line formation..."
Usually in charges there's no proper formation to be able to fire in as, but there was one time in a NW LB 5arge allowed a charging regiment to fire as a French attack column against some skirmishers if I recall correctly...

HarbingerOfDoom said:
I wish he'd draw a picture of the 51st bowing down to their overlord major-general Stalker. *hinthint*

I don't take hints anymore.  I DO take cold hard cash though!  *hinthint*

That picture I drew on the previous page took me 16 hours and is part of a 4-part picture that will be the official 00th T-Shirt design of Thundersnow slaying his way through time, soon to rock the marketplace and get some poor slobs suspended from their high schools in the near future.

As far as getting in, I don't believe it will be a long wait.  Some Regiment is bound to do something stupid like all go cav in the middle of a round and magically face 5arge's wrath eventually.  I'll bide my time.  *Cackles maniacally*

Thundersnow said:
As far as getting in, I don't believe it will be a long wait.  Some Regiment is bound to do something stupid like all go cav in the middle of a round and magically face 5arge's wrath eventually.  I'll bide my time.  *Cackles maniacally*
I can almost guarantee something like that is going to happen, and you will be notified immediately when I have slots for you and your plasma-riflemen.

SilentMatthew said:
there was one time in a NW LB 5arge allowed a charging regiment to fire as a French attack column against some skirmishers if I recall correctly...
The "charging" regiment was in column, so they were still in a tangible formation. What happened was that they were flanked by skirmishers as they were charging in column, so the column halted, faced the skirmishers and fired, and then continued their charge.

Anyone who does not like my rules, please by all means give up your slots. There are plenty of regiments waiting to get into this battle.

5arge said:
gunshy said:

Where in the OP does it say "rules are up for discussion"? They are not. If you don't like them, F off, plain and simple. I shouldn't have to point this out, but cavalry are not what they were in 1812, this takes place in 1861. Heavy cav WAS neutered with the advent of rifled muskets, get used to it.

chill 5arge i was just making a suggestion man i love your LBs!

My thoughts:

-Remove sappers from line and keep them with arty.

-Dragoons did well, artillery may hold up games.

Just anything to prevent trench warfare again. Not debating rules, just want to improve from our test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom