Chronicles of Talera 3.0 Features List (Released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Released! Download at the bottom of this post. There is also a 3.01 patch link below the 3.0 download. You must download the 3.0 mod first as the patch does not include all of the files.

Patch location has been fixed. 12/15/2009

Features List
    • 16 New Faction specific in-combat abilities. At least 3 per faction.
    (see posts below for more details. Used by both Player and the AI)[br]
    • Tougher lords and kings. Lords and Kings are stronger and harder to kill.
    • New post-death camera. Allows the player to continue to have a mobile view of the battlefield and continued command of the action.
    • New models including new lances, armors, swords, and axes
    • New sound effects, including several custom sounds created by Checkmaty specifically for Chronicles of Talera
    • 2 New Custom battles allow you to get a quick taste of Talera action
    • 2 Illoriaon Quests. A glimpse at the start of their faction questline.
    • Raise a mighty Abomination from the souls of the dead and unleash its wrath upon Talera. Beware though, such powerful entities do not like being controlled!
    • One new music track
    • A few unannounced features I'll let people discover on their own...

Bug Fixes

Too numerous to list, but there are many. Please re-report on any bugs post 3.0 if they still exist... I'm sure some still will, they always do...

New Bugs

Undoubtedly, there will be some. Report them in the bugs thread. There are a few things that were tested, but not as thoroughly as others due to time constraints. Welcome to beta testing a free mod. Enjoy the ride. :smile:

Credits

I will update this when I have some time, but primarily it is the same crew as last time (Cookie Eating Huskarl, Elenmmare, Khandrak, WhySoSerious). We did get some help from some new faces including BloodskullMannoroth, Checkmaty, and Gidion759 in this release. This is not a complete list, so I sincerely apologize if I missed someone else new. I will update this to be more specific at some point.

The Download Link (3.0 Full Version Download (roughly 140MB) :

Hotfix 3.01 Patch (released 4/7/09) is available here (size - 1MB) :
Download from mbrepository
New location - courtesy of Servitor

To Install: THIS IS NOT THE FULL MOD, this is only a small patch (roughly 1mb compressed). You must download the whole mod and unzip it first.

Unzip the 3.01 file and extract all of the contents to your Mount & Blade\Modules\Chronicles Of Talera 3.0 folder. Overwrite all existing files with the new ones.

3.01 Changes -

Comments
Probably Not Save game compatible.
Only impacts a few things, so can be applied at any time, if you choose.
Thank you to Munx for pointing out my Inquisitor mistakes!
Have fun!

Neutral troop changes:

Inquisitor troops improved greatly due to the following changes:

Inquisitors no longer hurt other inquisitors with Melethar's Wrath
Inquisitor army sizes increased slightly
Inquisitor troop athletics skill increased
Inquisitor head and body armor slightly increased
Inquisitors now play nice together (nearby parties will join to fight against player)

Blighted Plague Changes

Increased chance of receiving an Overseer when reviving troops

Source Code/Module System:

Last edited by a moderator:
Faction Ability List

The Kingdom of Asaleth and the Hill-Folk

Ancestral Horn - Asaleth - Hill-folk Ironbreakers

When the time comes for the tide of battle to be decided, the Hill-Clan know how to answer the call.  Only the most experienced of the clan, the courageous Ironbreakers, possess the ancestral horns of the hill-clan.  When the time is right, they sound the horn, knocking down any opponents who risk come too close, and temporarily boosting the strength of themselves and their fellow clan-mates.

Effect: Knocks down anyone (friend or foe) nearby that is non Hill-Folk.  Increases the Power Strike of Ironbreakers by 4.  All other Hill-Folk receive +2 to Power Strike.
Duration: 20 seconds
Cooldown: 2 min 30 seconds

ironbreaker.jpg

ironbreaker2.jpg

Aimed Shots - Asaleth - Asaleth Squires

Discipline above all else, such is the motto of the Asaleth Squire.  Lacking the horsemenship and swordplay of their knightly cousins, they instead have learned from birth to rely on their bow for their livelihood.  Unlike the Gladeborn Rangers, who's talent comes natural to those born with it, the Asaleth Squires have trained hour after hour in order to become lethal from range.  Occasionally they become so focused that their arrows become the most precise in all Talera. 

Effect: Increases Archery Skill of all Squires by 250.  Increases Power Draw of all Squires by 5.
Cooldown: 2 minutes

aimedshots.jpg

aimedshots2.jpg

Misguided Orders - Asaleth - Knight-Lords

An army is only as strong as it's leaders, and the Knight-Lords of Asaleth know this well.  While undoubtably well trained and remarkably skilled in battle, it is perhaps their superior tactical prowess that sets them apart from the rest of Talera's residents.  Through a great trick, a crafty deception, the Knight-Lords are able to issue false orders to the enemy army, forcing their archers to stop firing and charge forth recklessly.  Even though a fool can only stay fooled for so long, when used wisely, a moment of foolishness is all that is required to turn the tides.

Effect: Causes enemy archers to hold fire and charge forth toward you
Duration: 15 seconds

The Kingdom of Illoriaon

Erethal's Shield - Illoriaon - Illoriaon Paladin

Devoted followers of the Illoriaon Gods, and staunch defenders of their nation, the Illoriaon Paladins willingly fight their enemies to the death.  That is not to say, however, that they don't wish to avoid it.  Drawing upon their connections with the divine, the Paladin can seek out the otherworldly protection of Erethal, the goddess of life, drawing down her shield around himself and any other devoted Illoriaon followers who are around him.  With the awe-inspiring light of the heavens shining down around them, the Paladin and his nearby allies become nearly impervious to pain, shrugging off blows as if they never occured.  Though only able to maintain this divine shield for a few short moments, it is often all that is needed to turn the tides of battle, claiming yet another victory for the Illoriaon people.

Effect: Makes the Paladin and those around him *nearly* impervious to pain for a short time period.  It will heal them to full health throughout the duration. 
Duration: 10 seconds
Cooldown: 2 minutes 30 seconds

paladinaura1.jpg

paladinaura2.jpg

Seculator's Conviction - Illoriaon - Illoriaon Vindicator

As the elite infantry of the Illoriaon people, the Vindicators seek to spread the word of their gods, hoping to encourage others to embrace them and open their hearts to them as they have.  More then just passive missionaries, the Vindicators are even prepared to reach out to those that stand across from them on the field of battle. Using the power of Seculator, they are able to draw out the good that exists in all creatures, but only for a short time and a short distance.  They are able to temporarily change the allegiance of nearby foes, causing them to temporarily take up arms against their own kind in the name of Seculator.

Effect: Nearby enemies are temporarily converted to your side.  They will attack their own army as if they belonged to you.  Note that you must kill the converted troops before victory can be declared (you may have to wait for them to convert back).
Cooldown: 2 minutes 30 seconds

conviction1.jpg

conviction2.jpg

Melathar's Wrath - Illoriaon - Illoriaon Inquisitor

No man, beast, or being need exist that denies or treads upon the will of the gods.  Such is the mantra of the Illoriaon Inquisitor.  Outcast for their extreme practices, the Inquisitors have turned to Melathar, the god of war, to provide them the strength to face the obstacles on their road ahead.  The Inquisitor, the rage of religious hatred and persecution burning so hot inside him, can occasionally assault the minds of all non-believers near by, causing extreme pain and anguish to the pagan beasts that refuse to believe.

Effect: All non-Illoriaon troops near the Inquisitor suffer 5 damage every second for 5 seconds.  Note that this CAN kill both friend (if non-Illoriaon) and foe.
Duration: 5 seconds

The Planelords

Planar Storm - Planelords - Shaledorian Champions

True masters of the elements, only the Shaledorian Champions know the secrets behind the Planar Storms.  By summoning forth the purple rains, now so familiar to their people, the druids serve as protectors to the Planelords and harassers to their enemies.  The Planar rain, unlike any other, heals the skins of its Planelord kinfolk whilst at the same time burning the skill of the other, inferior races with its acidy composition. 

Effect: Creates a Planar Storm around all Shaledorian Champions.  This storm heals 1 health/second to all Planelords around it while causing 1 damage / 2 seconds to all non Planelords (friend or foe) caught within it.
Duration: 30 seconds

planarstorm.jpg

Planar Arrows - Planelords - Gladeborn Rangers

Calling upon the protection of their Planelord goddess, the Gladeborn Rangers are able to ignite their arrows in the magical energies of another plane of existence.  Once imbued, their mystical energy will stop any non-planelord in their tracks, paralyzing them in a temporary state of suspended animation.

Effect: Stuns all non-Planelords (friend or foe) that pass within a certain range of the magical energy. 

gladeborn_arrows.jpg

Planar Step - Planelords - Planelord Swordsmen

Long time protectors of the Planelord people, the Planelord Swordsmen have learned to master some of the true mysteries of the world around them.  Temporarily besting both time and space, defing their petty laws, the Swordsman slips from reality, though only for an instant of real world time, and reappears in a flash in front of a shocked and stunned opponent.

Effect: All Swordsmen disappear and reappear in front of a nearby opponent (if one is available), stunning them for a couple of seconds.
Duration: Instant
Cooldown: 60 seconds

planestepbefore.jpg

planestepafter.jpg

The Feron Tribe

Battlecry - Feron - Feron Songworthy

It is said that their is no sound more terrifying then the battlecry of a Songworthy.  Drawing on all their past successes, the Songworthy invigorates himself with an ear piercing yell, a yell so powerful its force knocks down those nearby.  While in this state, the Songworthy's strength and speed are increased to incredible proportions.

Effect: Knocks down anyone (friend of foe) nearby that is a non-Feron.  Also increases the Power Strike and Athletics of all Feron Songworthies by 3 each for the duration.

battlecry.jpg

Bloodrage - Feron - Feron Berserkers

The Feron Berserker, maniacle, fearless, and without care, is able to occasionally inspire all Feron to fight through pain, pumping their tribesmates into a fanatical bloodrage!  While in a bloodrage, all Feron begin healing their own wounds, their own bodies refusing to give in to the enemy's blows. 

Effect: Heals all Feron for 3 health/second
Duration: 20 Seconds

bloodrage.jpg

Thrill of the Hunt - Feron - Feron Stalkers

Long time providers and masters of the art of the hunt, the Feron Stalkers know when to lie in wait, and when to strike.  Their bond with the spirits of the earth and to their clan is so strong that they merely need strike their war drum and all clan members know it is time to pounce.  The clan begins moving, as if carried by the winds themselves, with a speed unlike any other creature on Talera.  Woe to those that serve as their unsuspecting prey.

Effect: Increase all Feron troops athletics by 5 for the duration

thrill1.jpg

thrill2.jpg

The Blighted Plague

Aura of Exhaustion - Blighted Plague - Blightlord

The reanimated corpses of man, once full of life, now exude nothing but pure darkness. The Blightlords, at one time defenders of mankind, now seek out its destruction.  They can occasionally call upon the cold darkness that grows inside their blackened hearts, pushing it out around them.  The cold slows down all living creatures (friend or foe) nearby, causing them to move very slowly while caught within its path.

Effect: Slows down all non-Blighted Plague (friend or foe) who are nearby a Blightlord.  This includes cavalry. 

newexhaustion1.jpg

Unholy Grasp - Blighted Plague - Fallen Hero

Neither death, nor space, nor time itself can keep a Fallen Hero from performing his heroic (or perhaps UN-heroic) duties.  Feared both in life and in death, few dare to willingly approach the Hero's blade.  Through their command of the dark grasp of death, invisible but always prsent, the hero is able to pull an unsuspecting enemy to its side, ready to devour his soul and strip it of all life.  There is no fleeing from a hero... only death. 

Effect: Each Fallen Hero can pull one enemy (if within range) to its side, briefly stunning them in addition to placing them in an awkward situation.
Cooldown: 60 seconds

grasp1.jpg

grasp2.jpg

grasp3.jpg

Abomination - Blighted Plague - Abomination

Most vile of all the undead creations, the Abomination is a creature which requires much sacrifice, but offers much in reward.  By bringing together many of the lesser undead, including their commanders, the skilled necromancer can create a virtual one man army, an unholy entity of pure death.

Upon initial creation, the Abomination is nearly unstoppable.  It laughs at pain, rapidly healing its wounds, and only becomes weak enough to kill after it has existed for a period of time. 

The Abomination's negative energy field is so strong, it continually assaults the bodies of all living things nearby, eventually bringing about their demise if not stopped.

With great reward, comes great risk, and even a skilled necromancer can not control such a powerful entity forever.  As the battle wears on, the entity becomes weaker and more distant, losing power, but at the same time this distance also helps them break free of the necromancer's control.  Eventually, if still alive, the Abomination will turn on his master and his master's army, seeking out the destruction of those that have summoned him.  Remember, only a fool would choose go fight an Abomination alone.  Only a combined assault can stop it before it regenerates its own life once more, sucking up the essence of those around him.

Effect:
Abomination's aura:Does 5 dmg/sec to all non-undead (friend or foe) nearby. 
Abomination's regeneration: Rapidly regenerates health at first, then slowly begins regenerating more slowly.  It's regeneration never becomes weak though,        and it will require some heavy damage to destroy.

Duration: One Battle - must kill or be killed before it can end.

Cooldown: 48 Hours

abomination3.jpg

abomination5.jpg

Corpse Combustion - Blighted Plague - Player Ability

Sometimes a body is worth more dead then it is alive.  Using the life force of each dead individual as kindling, you cause their body to burst into flames, severely injuring any except yourself who happen to be nearby.

Effect: Does 5 damage/per body to ALL troops except the player who are within a small radius of the bodies. 
Cooldown: 5 minutes

combustion1.jpg

combustion2.jpg

holy **** guys (and I say this as a coder, not just as a player) that is ****ing epic!

One question though, are the cooldown timers for unit abilities global or unit specific? Cause it seems to me if every feron berserker can heal all other ferons for 60 points every 2.30 minutes.. you wouldn't want to mess with them anymore :smile:

Also curious how this is implemented. Do they automatically use their abilities or does the player control this?

Great work, I especially love the graphics side of it. Seriously cool.

So glad to see mods are starting to use spells/abilities!

Btw theres only 1 player ability ?

Btw about the life time of the abnomation, by 1 battle do you mean 1 round or a full battle ?

Btw about the cooldown is it 2 ingame days or 2 real life days ?

MartinF said:
holy **** guys (and I say this as a coder, not just as a player) that is ****ing epic!

One question though, are the cooldown timers for unit abilities global or unit specific? Cause it seems to me if every feron berserker can heal all other ferons for 60 points every 2.30 minutes.. you wouldn't want to mess with them anymore :smile:

Also curious how this is implemented. Do they automatically use their abilities or does the player control this?

It should be global, when activated, all the highest tier units using the ability will activate it's ability.

Munx said:
So glad to see mods are starting to use spells/abilities!

Btw theres only 1 player ability ?

Btw about the life time of the abnomation, by 1 battle do you mean 1 round or a full battle ?

Btw about the cooldown is it 2 ingame days or 2 real life days ?

Yup, the rest are activated by having high tier troops but it is still u who activates it.
The abomination lives for 1 full battle, until u drop dead or the enemy does.
and it's two in game days :lol:

BTW kardio, this is juz ****ing nice.... gotta get the models ready for the grand opening then...

Sweet. I figure the AI can also use those skills? Also, I figure the Player has to activate all those skills himself? Troops will never do it out their own? (Seeing as it's global)

Can you activate several skills at once or does the countdown go in for all skills when one is activated? Bloodrage and Thrill of the Hunt seem a deadly combination :grin:

Marche said:
Sweet. I figure the AI can also use those skills? Also, I figure the Player has to activate all those skills himself? Troops will never do it out their own? (Seeing as it's global)

Can you activate several skills at once or does the countdown go in for all skills when one is activated? Bloodrage and Thrill of the Hunt seem a deadly combination :grin:

AI enemies should also know how to use the skills.
The player has to activate them, yes, So it's up to u how u wanna use it.
U should be able to activate all at once if u want to.

For Corpse Combustion:

It works for every dead body on the ground right? No matter if they used to be Undead or Living?

You would need to set your corpses to max in the graphic options for maximum effect? (If it's set to 40, only 40 bodies max can explode? I usually put it at 40 for Sieges, but forget to put it back on max afterwards)

I figure this would be an awesome ability in Sieges especially :smile:

Soo... is the release going to be pretty soon?

It looks like you've done/accomplished most of your to do list for 3.0..

must....use...abomination... :twisted:

plus bug testing is always fun... :grin:

Yes, the release is somewhat imminent.  I need to remove some bug testing items and make a few changes, but it will be playable soon.  Based on my current pace of work, probably this coming weekend will be when I am ready to release. The Inquisitors are not currently in the game, I've been testing their ability using Vindicators, so I need to create a troop for them and come up with a way for the player to get them.  I don't really want them to be part of the main Illoriaon armies, so I will probably allow the player to convert Vindicators to Inquisitors at one of the shrines.  Current plan is for the Inquisitors to be more offensive but less armored and more mobile then the Vindicators.

I am hoping to get the new Illoriaon armor models by the time of release.  Khandrak has at least one, and maybe two done according to the model thread, but I've not heard from Khandrak in quite some time.  Cookie, do you have a finished Illoriaon Inquisitor armor for me?

Most of the questions you have had Cookie has answered for me very accurately.  He must be some sort of mind reader, or at least read my faction changes thread very closely.  Kudos to him!  :smile:

I'll review to confirm for you though....

1. All abilities are on a separate cooldown and do NOT share a global cooldown.  You can activate as many of them as you have access to (in most cases 3) all at the same time, or you can space them out.  Some have rather long cooldowns, so careful use can be critical. 

2. All abilities are troop type based.  If one Paladin activates Erethal's Shield, they all do.  So all Paladins will begin healing themselves and any other Illoriaon troops on their team that are nearby.  Same for all other abilities except the Abomination (which is used pre-battle), and the Corpse Combustion, which is only used by the player.

3. All player army abilities are operated using a key stroke.  I have a screenshot on another thread I will add to the first post that shows how it works.  If you attempt to then use it again, you will receive a message indicating it is on cooldown, and how long you need to wait to use it again.  Once the cooldown is up, you will receive notification that it is ready for use again. 

4. The AI Armies will use all of the abilities (with the exception of the Corpse Combustion and Abomination abilities) in battle on their own.  They are also subject to the same cooldowns as the player and will not use them again until that cooldown has expired.  Some of them are used somewhat intelligently, while others slightly less so.  For instance, the Paladins will either activate their shield on a timer, or they will use it to save their own skin.  If one Paladin is close to death, the AI will activate their shield ability to heal all of them to full and prevent death for that 10 second period.  Again, this is only for AI controlled armies, player controlled armies only use abilities when you tell them to.

5. Currently, all abilities are usable only in field battles.  Adding them to sieges is possible, though some what would likely be somewhat broken in that setting.  In order to add them I would have to change a few things around and restrict some of them from being used.  This will probably be a post 3.0 patch in order to not delay things too much further.  I will likely have to make the Abomination work in sieges though, since it may be used there.

Marche said:
For Corpse Combustion:

It works for every dead body on the ground right? No matter if they used to be Undead or Living?

You would need to set your corpses to max in the graphic options for maximum effect? (If it's set to 40, only 40 bodies max can explode? I usually put it at 40 for Sieges, but forget to put it back on max afterwards)

I figure this would be an awesome ability in Sieges especially :smile:

Minus the sieges part, yes it works for every dead body on the ground that is NEARBY the player.  It does not ignite all bodies on the entire battlefield.  I can probably add this in to sieges fairly easily, but perhaps it would be overpowered there due to the body pile up?

Marche said:

Oh it is.  Quick tip, it's a great way to charge in against the Planelord archers!

MartinF said:

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!  I think I answered your questions above, but let me know if not.

To clarify on the Abomination.  Basically after a certain period of time in battle, checks are made to see if you begin losing control of your Abomination.  As I said, such powerful entities do not like being controlled.  You will begin to receive warnings that you are losing your grip on it.  Once your grip is lost, you must defeat it.  In the case of all enemies being defeated with it still on your side, the Abomination will become hostile and you will then need to kill it.  The Abomination is great for winning a tough battle, but you also need to be prepared to kill it afterward.  I may need to reduce creation requirements due to this, but I'll let you testers be the judge on that.  Currently the cost is 20 revived corpses, 2 taskmasters, and 1 overseer (which you now have a chance to revive after battles).

yup, i have the armor ver 1 ready, and helm is done and boots are almost done (hard to texture a nice boot, and also lack of time to concentrate for it)

However i would like to have one more weekend to finish up and wrap up everything for u... best outcome would be the armor ver 2 would be completed and rigged by then.

He must be some sort of mind reader, or at least read my faction changes thread very closely.

I'm juz over observant at times, especially after midnight....

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
yup, i have the armor ver 1 ready, and helm is done and boots are almost done (hard to texture a nice boot, and also lack of time to concentrate for it)

However i would like to have one more weekend to finish up and wrap up everything for u... best outcome would be the armor ver 2 would be completed and rigged by then.

That will work fine for me.  I need to design their troop anyway, fix up a few small issues, and do some texture recolors anyway.  Thanks for your help.

I *believe* I now have the battle camera working properly in ladder based sieges (the majority).  That means it is now available in field battles and sieges.  The biggest pain is making all the changes required so it responds appropriately.  Since field battles are the majority of battles, I focused on them first, followed by second most common, ladder sieges.

In a side note I took my smallish Illoriaon army up against some Feron.  I actually surprised myself when they began using the "Thrill of the Hunt" against me.  There is a resounding war drum (thanks to Checkmaty!) that is issued when it is activated, as well as the red blood like dust that kicks up from their feet.  Really quite intense.  My army was no match, some 40 versus 85, and we got slaughtered, but it was exciting!

Going to be giving this weekend time for Cookie to finish up some models and for me to get the Inquisitors properly implemented.  I have a lot of somewhat quick ideas I'd like to inject pre-release, but it may not happen given the somewhat set deadline I'd like to stick to.

I wonder how much larger the new release will be. It shouldn't be much bigger at all.

Fantastic previews for each race. Great to see it all come together!

Back
Top Bottom