Chronicles of Talera 3.0 Features List (Released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

the particle effects ive run into so far ( in other mods ) havnt really slowed down my game any at all, so not to worried about that.

I think its something related to the orcs as the orcs vs orcs battle were the once that most noticeably lowered framerate (still very much playable, I am just hyper sensitive to frame rate changes :razz: )

Munx said:
the particle effects ive run into so far ( in other mods ) havnt really slowed down my game any at all, so not to worried about that.

I think its something related to the orcs as the orcs vs orcs battle were the once that most noticeably lowered framerate (still very much playable, I am just hyper sensitive to frame rate changes :razz: )

Frame rate doesn't mean anything. Television goes on a default of 18 FPS.. So if you have anything above 20 or so it should be playable. (Considering the counter is completely accurate).

From what ive read Television is 24-30 fps generally, dunno where you got 18 from.

I never said it wasnt playable, I said it was noticeable.

True. It is 25 or so for movies and 30 for television.. My mistake. (google ftw)

Anyway.. I get 100 or so always..

While it is true FPS helps, it's not really worth taking down your graphics for a 20 fps boost..

The human eye doesn't notice anything when past the 25 frames margin (or maybe 27. I have noticed that movies tend to have a fraction less frames, so your stats make sense). Having 40 frames or 60 frames doesn't make a single difference.

My computer is actually quite slow. On most new games, I keep the graphics on low and hope for 25 + frames. I play with mostly small numbers of men, but your problems with the Feron most likely comes from the high-poly models. I too get lag in certain areas, but nothing I can't fix by moving the graphics to an even lower setting.

Supposedly the airforce (U.S.) did a test and found that humans could see and tell what pictures were about at 150 frames per second..

So while it may make a small difference most of the time having 30 (or so) frames is all you need to play a game without lag.

well some scientists say the human eye cant capture anything higher then 25-35, while others say Its imposible to know what the human eye is capable off cause people are obviously not the same :smile:

Did some testing my self and my magic number seems to be 45 after if it goes below that its noticeable, how ever like I said its far from unplayable :razz:

Anyways gone try to get back on topic  :oops:, so the feron are high poly ?

Munx said:
well some scientists say the human eye cant capture anything higher then 25-35, while others say Its imposible to know what the human eye is capable off cause people are obviously not the same :smile:

Did some testing my self and my magic number seems to be 45 after if it goes below that its noticeable, how ever like I said its far from unplayable :razz:

Anyways gone try to get back on topic  :oops:, so the feron are high poly ?

I wouldn't say high poly, they are actually pretty low in tris.  The issue is more likely textures.  All of the Feron equipment has unique texture sheets, unlike native, which shares the same 512x512 or 1024x1024 texture sheet for a whole bunch of equipment.  This adds up to a lot more textures you need to load up.  I know some of this occurs at startup, but I could understand it having an impact in combat, especially with a real large number of them involved.  Well, that's my theory anyway.  My graphics card is a few years old but still quite robust. 

Now let's just hope for big timezone differences that work in our favour.

Is it already 0:00 over there? :smile:

Haha. Just not playing older versions when a new version is up for release so quick.

Another question:

-Do allied forces use the skills on their own (When you don't control them)? If so, when Allied Forces use a skill do all troops on your side use the skill (So including my troops)? If so, does my counter get reset then too?

I figure that when allied forces are under your control they are seen as your troops no matter what.

Marche said:
Haha. Just not playing older versions when a new version is up for release so quick.

Another question:

-Do allied forces use the skills on their own (When you don't control them)? If so, when Allied Forces use a skill do all troops on your side use the skill (So including my troops)? If so, does my counter get reset then too?

I figure that when allied forces are under your control they are seen as your troops no matter what.

Well, the delayed release is actually working out well.  I've gotten some new models from Cookie and some new scenes from WhySoSeriousa?.  In addition, I am working on adding some easter eggs before I finish up testing.

To answer your question, your "side" of a battle is controlled by you.  That is to say, your available abilities are based off of your faction choice.  Some examples:

If you are an Illoriaon teaming up with an Asaleth army against a Plagued force, you will be able to issue commands for the Illoriaon troops only (and only if you have the requisite troops in your force).  The Asaleth forces will not be able to use their abilities because you aren't a member of their faction.  The Plagued force would use their abilities against you though. 

If you teamed with another Illoriaon army, you would be in control of their troops using abilities as well as your own.  Activating your Erethal's Shield would cause their Paladins to also use the ability. Basically you share the same cooldown for your faction abilities with your partner.

Hope that makes sense.  Ideally, yes, your allies would be able to use their own unique abilities in battle when fighting alongside you, but it would take quite a bit more code to do so. 

FYI, it's 12:35pm here right now.  I'm still got quite a bit to do.  I really want to make this release a great one that doesn't disappoint.

Back
Top Bottom