Christian vs Pagan troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

indianer

Recruit
I notice that when you look at your party info, it will tell you that your "opposing religious view" troops may cause you trouble? If you are pagan its the Christians who are the baddies and vice versa. What do they mean exactly? Is there a threat of them running off or abandoning or rebelling somehow if the army gets too large? I don't want to spend a bunch of money upgrading troops if they might end up going a-wall or something? Do they just effect morale? I have an army of over 200 men, and a large percentage of them are not of my religion. Should I be worried about something happening? I notice my morale does not seem as high as it should be, but morale seems much harder to keep higher in VC, even with companions?

more likely to run

they wont join on some events (like raiding a monastery) if they are against you

bad party morale

Nothing major, as long you can keep the morale high enough AND you don’t need them to kill monks. Otherwise just use them as garrison troops.

I did my first character as a Norse pagan, but I decided to make a Christian Anglo and play the game from that perspective. I'm a vassal with the Kingdom of Northymbreland, but I plan on eventually starting my own kingdom in Scotland near Edinburgh, and trying to take over England! My character is Alpin Griogair, and my refuge I name Kilchurn. MacGregor is my family's clan from back in those days, Alpin is a historic King from around 840AD in the region, and Kilchurn castle is a refuge for the MacGregor clan, just for a little extra role playing and immersion!

So, with this character it is my pagan troops that I have to watch out for. I don't raid the monasteries, and am going for good reputation, so I haven't been looting any villages.

It has actually been much easier getting started, because there are many small groups of Viking raiders to attack and take prisoner, sell their equipment, etc. Great for generating income in the early game, and I got some great armor drops early on as well! And the first tournament I entered I won and was awarded a horse! Playing the game from this perspective does feel a little like Warband, but just on a much bigger scale with the army sizes and map sizes. I can't wait to start my own kingdom soon, build up a navy, and launch large scale amphibious assaults on lower England, capturing London, etc! I know the pagans among us will take great pleasure in sacking the rich cities, and my well equipped veteran Viking troops shall act as a vanguard in this invasion!

I usually get a random decline of 10 morale every once in a while.

Is it because of my christian troops? I have -100 relation with Christians, and a dozen christian units.

(Anyways, it would be great if we have an info sheet on where to see 'Religious' relation, I could only see the -100 in my message screen every time I pillage.)

Back
Top Bottom