v1.1
Platform
Xbox Series X
Game mode
Campaign

Scottysaved

Recruit
Summary: game speed is choppy/laggy when on fast forward
How to Reproduce: get around a lot of activity on the map and move your character on full speed (fast forward)
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Summary: game speed is choppy/laggy when on fast forward
How to Reproduce: get around a lot of activity on the map and move your character on full speed (fast forward)
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
I actually think this is related to the caravan and villager behavior when an enemy faction is near by, I watched a trader move back and forth for an entire siege once, now compound this with late game and everyone has a caravan, and you get stutters. I have not confirmed this, just something I noticed.

I actually think this is related to the caravan and villager behavior when an enemy faction is near by, I watched a trader move back and forth for an entire siege once, now compound this with late game and everyone has a caravan, and you get stutters. I have not confirmed this, just something I noticed.
Nice catch bro, now that you mention it the last time it happened I was in an enemy faction territory and I’m sure there were caravans roaming nearby. I can guarantee villagers were traveling as well. Nice call.

Though, I have noticed it when I travel across the map too, which doesn’t always include an enemy faction.

But that last time it happened was definitely in enemy territory with villagers roaming, and likely had caravans as well.

Nice catch bro, now that you mention it the last time it happened I was in an enemy faction territory and I’m sure there were caravans roaming nearby. I can guarantee villagers were traveling as well. Nice call.

Though, I have noticed it when I travel across the map too, which doesn’t always include an enemy faction.

But that last time it happened was definitely in enemy territory with villagers roaming, and likely had caravans as well.
Well, it's not just the faction your in, it's all the factions, now let's compound the issue. Let's say Stugia loses all their feifs, now you basically have roving bands of marauders, who are most likely at war with all factions, now all those caravans are trying to get through Stugia's former territory. 30+ caravans doing the hokey pokey will definitely cause performance issues with all the check being run at the same time.

Do you think the issue is performance related or campaign AI related? I am sorry to say that I did not understand the issue here.
I believe it is AI related. The caravans do a hokey pokey when they come across enemy factions, meaning they run away a few feet on the map, then return, this is most notable during sieges. I am assuming there are checks going on during this, the AI continues to check if there is safe travel, if you have multiple Caravans and Villagers doing these same checks, I would say it would cause a performance issue.

I'll attempt to get a video of the hokey pokey I am referring to later today.

We were not able to reproduce this issue on the latest internal version of the game. This issue will be fixed with the next patch. Thank you for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom