CHOICE OF Games

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I've mentioned a game called "Alter Ego" before. It's more or less a very, very in depth text based life simulator. I was just sitting around on my laptop tonight, and decided I'd play it again after not having done so in a good while. Since last time I played, they appear to have branched out and created a metric ton of similar games, only these follow a slightly more traditional text-based choose-your-own-adventure style. Played a little bit of the zombie one so far, and I'm amazed at the amount of major branching decisions, and I'm fairly certain I died really early into it, before I could see most of what it had to offer. What I played was very well-written and coherent as well. I'm going to be spending the next few hours at least goofing about with these, I think. Here's a link for anyone who wants to try some:

https://www.choiceofgames.com/category/our-games/

To be clear, Alter Ego was neither made nor published by Choice of Games. Alter Ego was made in the 80s and has been rereleased using ChoiceScript by ChooseMultiple LLC.

However, Alter Ego was a huge source of inspiration for Choice of Games, and we've been steadily releasing games for about five years now, yes.

Ah, right. Neato. I've been looking at your site more and more, and ChoiceScript is really, really neat. I think I'm going to try my hand at making something worthy of being hosted once I get it down a little bit more. :smile:

I really enjoy these games, but they always leave me wanting something a little bit longer when I finish them. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the Lone Wolf game books.

Back
Top Bottom