OSP Oriental World Map China regional MAP for WWIICBF - v2.04 Download - updated 2019 (not for Warband)

Users who are viewing this thread

ah indeed you're right, its strange because in map editor it is facing right direction. Maybe it has something to do with the default camera settings in module.ini from the mod files (that i did not modified)
if not i will fix that in the editor for the next map

edit : yes it's module.ini settings that makes map like that, but i'll leave camera like that ^^

edit 2 : i found some more buggy fords where npc stuck on them, i'll fix and test the "patched" map so new d/l update tonight
edit3 : new map version is up (1.05) bridges are back and fully work (no npc stuck)

here is some preview images of next map requested by WilliamBerne,

its size is same as Warband Native map in number of tiles.
it will look like this map there : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119318.msg2888690.html#msg2888690

screens :

still need a bit of polishing (height, rivers) but it's almost complete, no mountain or ford painted, i will leave that to WilliamBerne :wink:
edit 2 : once map done i'll release it as OSP, could need some improvements

looks great, vahadar! :grin:
can you place more snow in the northeast 3 provinces(manchuria)? there is no season changing in the game, but I think the players should have equal chance to play all kind of terrains, so make the northeast 3 provinces snowy would be a logical solution, doesn't it?

will do :wink:
guess the google earth maps were shot during summer hehe, if you have some picture link would even help me more to figure where to paint exactly

i'm shaping all mountains atm, to remove their bumpy looking

vahadar said:
will do :wink:
guess the google earth maps were shot during summer hehe, if you have some picture link would even help me more to figure where to paint exactly

china5l.jpg

this is not any final plan, you can adjust it as your wish.

i've an error when i try to play with the map. I'm playing the third version so I think this map is made for earlier mods. But I don't know for sure. Anyone know what to do? Or isn't there anything I can do.

no problem :wink: and yes when you overwrite parties.txt or map.txt, your old savegames wont display the changes (map is hardcoded in them), you need to restart a new game to see the new map.

New map is out, but it wont work for the mod right now as i havent worked the parties.txt with city names.
You can still do it yourself using the old parties.txt and relocating all towns with thorgrim's map editor.

http://www.2shared.com/file/pDaCinis/WW2_China_Battlefield_map_beta.html

some quick screen :
(map is not 100% visible in that screen)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Himalaya area could need some more shaping work as i havent reshape it a lot, since its close to border limit and i dont think there will be much activity there in William's mod

1st post updated, now the v2 map is playable (check under v2.03), more info in the readme with the zip archive.

plz report any buggy tiles where npc get stuck (there should be none i hope), with coordinates if possible.

also cities location are very very approximate, if you have better location knowledge let me know

New download version v2.04 for map

Only module.ini has been modified, there was a double line entry for camera setting, also module name has been fixed.

If you are using v2.03 you dont need to restart a new game, the issue wasnt affecting a 2.03 game at all

so will Russia be included in next version? becouse if there was interaction between NEAJA, Soviet and Japanese armies then the Soviets should be included.

arthurude said:
so will Russia be included in next version? becouse if there was interaction between NEAJA, Soviet and Japanese armies then the Soviets should be included.

Well there is already enough part of Russia to have those interaction available (which was a request from William aswell when he thought about the map)
But i wont change map area for 2.05, just cities location (and names).

Actually re-reading your question, i cant myself add new factions like Soviets, since i can just change/rename cities location (cant add more even) because i dont have access to the python files of the mod.

William would be the only one able to do that, but i'm unsure of what are his plans about Soviets in his own SP future release of the mod. The map is anyway ready for any soviet cities close to mandchuria border.

So 2.05 map will feature same factions and towns, just keep in mind this is temporary work, to play on a china map rather than a caldaria map, but using same factions/number of towns per faction as in original mod from WilliamBerne.

Back
Top Bottom