OSP Oriental World Map China regional MAP for WWIICBF - v2.04 Download - updated 2019 (not for Warband)

Users who are viewing this thread

The 2.04 download provides you with a China regional map for M&B 1.011 Single Player version of this mod (and no there isnt a Warband SP version of this mod yet :wink: ), featuring historic factions location (in 1937) instead of classic Caldaria map of the mod.
Feel free to report any bug/stucking tiles on the map

Quick description

While the map is not really historically/geographically accurate, i tried to match as much as possible the starting locations for all factions (between 1935-1937).

the v2.04 map was hastly remade for testing purpose based on the parties.txt file from 1.05 map, so cities/region location arent accurate at all.

What you will find in this map :
- Japanese annexed Korea & Taïwan and Japanese Kwantung armies in Manchukuo (not towns, they were mainly garrisoned),
- Manchukuo puppet state,
- Mengjiang & East Hebei Autonomous Council (those are merged into the Puppet regimes faction),
- 4th Army Route located in south-east China,
- 8th Army Route, located mainly in Shaanxi,
- Northeast Anti Japanese alliance, represented in Manchukuo with 4 cities (as in original) labelled now with historical armies names (exept for the fictionnal korean army, but lots of korean were part of NEAJA),
- Local and Central Kuomintang armies, with various location all over China (Kuomintang Central Army having the key central cities, and warlords states merged in Kuomintang Local Army).

DOWNLOADS

NOTE as of February 2019 : I JUST UPLOADED MY OLD FILES ON MODDB.

13/10/2010 - link updated 05/02/2019 : v2.04 download, this map is playable
and using the new v2 map (more realistic than 1.05).
Bridges and most stuff need to be reworked (bridges are just very basic atm)
Taiwan is now linked to china mainland, and you can also travel from taiwan to japan/korea (hope AI will mostly use it for japs only)

In order to play with whatever version you have downloaded, you need to restart a new game to see the map (loading old saves wont display the new map).

NO CAMERA BORDER LIMIT version :
v2.04b : camera will always follow your character even on map edge

CAMERA BORDER LIMIT version :
v2.04 : there will be a little buffer on map edge where camera wont follow your character, so you will never see skybox under worldmap (like in 1866 mod for vanilla M&B)

You can also download the unofficial patch by Humlenerd, for more changes to the single player version.

If you are using v2.03 you dont need to restart a new game, the issue fixed in 2.04 wasnt affecting a 2.03 game at all

Installation :

v2.0x : copy the map.txt, parties.txt and module.ini from the zip archive to WWII China Battlefield module folder location on your harddrive. Backup original files if you want.

Open source

I am releasing this map to the community, if you need the original files used to make the map (i also have larger version with full Japan and South East asia), pm me but dont expect quick reply :wink:

Moderator: Added Screenshots
china.1.jpg

chinaborder.jpg

china5.jpg

china4.jpg

china2.jpg

china1.jpg

china3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if you've downloaded first version of 1.02 map it was buggy (parties.txt messed up), now the link provides the right files

and it seems adding bandit spawn point cant be only done throu txt files ^^

i would need to edit script.txt aswell (to edit the #script_spawn_bandits in module_scripts.py) but i cant reverse it for the module system (i dont find any tool for it, i found some for the parties.txt so far). I guess the .py of this file isnt available?

For now i'll reverse the bandit spawning to the original ones, so the stable version is 1.02b

To WilliamBerne :
I am unsure my mp was sent correctly to you and since i wouldnt spam your mp box, i was basically asking if you could send me the python files for module_scrpits.py and module_constant.py so i can make a new scripts.txt in order to make those new spawn location available.
tyvm ^^

in the editor you can do this 3 way :

either use the first button lower left (height mode) select sensitivity (better keep default, or lower) select size (of cursor, 1 means working on 1 tiles, and so on, the bigger the size the more the elevation upgrade or downgrade will be)
i use this to raise/low height, starting with high size cursor (generally 4-5 size to make mountains base + 2 size for top + max size for area height base)

then to lower and flatten the mountain, since obviously your mountains designed with what i previously said will be bumpy, use the Smooth mode (the S button, 6th from the bottom left)
as Thorgrim say himself in his help file, "Smooth mode is for removing any extreme bumps in the terrain.  Click and hold to adjust the height of nearby tiles toward the average height of all tiles in the area.  It is best to have a reasonably large brush size for quick smoothing."

using Height mode and Smooth mode can make good height models, but you still might need to pinpoint some mountains height, very precisely
to do so use the Vertex mode (5th button bottom left)
in that mode, select the Z axis option, then drag the vertex or the group of vortex you want to lower/raise.

i use vertex mode when i really want to work on one tile precisely, usually i dont i stick on height mode + smooth mode.

hope you understood my poor english ^^

Now i have a question myself ^^ how to make bridges with Thorgrim editor? in this map i used the ones from Native map (so 15 bridges were present) but i dont seem to make them work
i figured how to place/rotate them, they arent on impassable tiles so i dunno what's wrong

Thank you for your work, vahadar!

I downloaded and tested your map, it works fine.
The rivers you made are very good, but the map itself is too big. Below is the way I planed. Is it ok for you to change the map to this form?
64939653.jpg

The mountains and snow plains could also be improved according to china terrain. But you have done very well, I will fix the details myself if I decide to use your refined map in warband.

Sorry I can't give you module_scripts.py, cause it won't help. You can't simply replace the old file with a new file in which there are a lots of new content and translate and edit the whole thing successfully. The module system doesnt work that way.

This is the greatest help I ever get from fans. Same to you, keep on good work!

WilliamBerne said:
The rivers you made are very good, but the map itself is too big. Below is the way I planed. Is it ok for you to change the map to this form?

I can do it later yes. I still need to figure how to use all features of the map editor, like bridges and so on. Will use mine still for testing (and playing hehe  :cool: ) and when i have another spare week-end with lots of free time i could work on yours. Is the image shown with the correct pixel size if i want to import it with Thorgrim editor?

I see you want to include all Manchuria and inner mongolia, and probably part of mongolia/russia? will Japan mainland be used in your future plans?

WilliamBerne said:
The mountains and snow plains could also be improved according to china terrain.

I wish i could have done that :smile: I was unable to import the height map i made for Thorgrim's editor, dunno why, it was only accepting my color map. So height were done by hand too quickly, using a small picture of china, so totally not accurate ^^

WilliamBerne said:
Sorry I can't give you module_scripts.py, cause it won't help. You can't simply replace the old file with a new file in which there are a lots of new content and translate and edit the whole thing successfully. The module system doesnt work that way.

Any idea on how to add more bandit spawn then?

About the map tool, you can look for guide & help from Thorgrim's original thread.

no, that pic is not the correct pixel size. actually I dont know how big a map is allowed in Warband.

yes, all Manchuria is very necessary, cause there were interaction between russians, japanese and NEAJA.
A little part of japan mainland is not necessary.

A little word of warning: in quite a few mods a new, bigger map is included. Sure, a new map is nice, but the mapmakers have often forgot to increase the amount of bandit spawners when the map is bigger, which makes it painfully slow and boring to find something to kill. The distances between cities/forts/villages may also grow huge and that again makes it slow to travel. So keep in mind that if you make the map larger, please don't forget about bandits and villages/cities//forts.
The map looks really nice though! :smile:

indeed map is large. When i made it i set same map size as Native one, but i finally removed the borders so the map is about 70-100 tiles larger or so than the Native explorable map.

If i make another map i will make it smaller for sure :wink:

vahadar said:
in the editor you can do this 3 way :

either use the first button lower left (height mode) select sensitivity (better keep default, or lower) select size (of cursor, 1 means working on 1 tiles, and so on, the bigger the size the more the elevation upgrade or downgrade will be)
i use this to raise/low height, starting with high size cursor (generally 4-5 size to make mountains base + 2 size for top + max size for area height base)

then to lower and flatten the mountain, since obviously your mountains designed with what i previously said will be bumpy, use the Smooth mode (the S button, 6th from the bottom left)
as Thorgrim say himself in his help file, "Smooth mode is for removing any extreme bumps in the terrain.  Click and hold to adjust the height of nearby tiles toward the average height of all tiles in the area.  It is best to have a reasonably large brush size for quick smoothing."

using Height mode and Smooth mode can make good height models, but you still might need to pinpoint some mountains height, very precisely
to do so use the Vertex mode (5th button bottom left)
in that mode, select the Z axis option, then drag the vertex or the group of vortex you want to lower/raise.

i use vertex mode when i really want to work on one tile precisely, usually i dont i stick on height mode + smooth mode.

hope you understood my poor english ^^

Now i have a question myself ^^ how to make bridges with Thorgrim editor? in this map i used the ones from Native map (so 15 bridges were present) but i dont seem to make them work
i figured how to place/rotate them, they arent on impassable tiles so i dunno what's wrong
ah thank you damn problem has been bugging me for weeks thanks

the new 1.04 map now feature all villages visible on map, i figured how to edit the parties.txt without messing with python

It's almost working fine (still need to fix some tiles here and there that make npc stuck, and some tiles that are under ground Zero level)

I'll try to add bridges in 1.05 again and fix those tiles, by then map will almost be in its final stage.

i am just wondering if some people find this map laggy because of the number of trees on it.

Let me know if that's the case and what is your system spec, this way i'll know if i need to remove just a few or quite some forest tiles to make world map less laggy (my system is 2-3 years old and no lag, but i'd like this map to be lag free for everyone)

anyone has feedback on that map? buggy tiles i've missed ie? some location to change?

this is rather temporary map anyway, i'll make next month a new one to fit the area WilliamBerne wants his mod in. but in the meantime if you see something you'd like being changed on that map let me know !

vahadar said:
anyone has feedback on that map? buggy tiles i've missed ie? some location to change?

this is rather temporary map anyway, i'll make next month a new one to fit the area WilliamBerne wants his mod in. but in the meantime if you see something you'd like being changed on that map let me know !

there is just one thing,it's very hard to reach towns out of the sight,can you make the map a bit smaller so i can actually see where i'm going?!

its actually planned for the next map, it will be much much smaller

if you have trouble finding towns for travels just browse it in Locations and then click on the "show on map" button

I just tested your map, the map seems to be facing south instead of north?

nice work anyways

Back
Top Bottom