Resolved Children Have No Skill Points When They Grow Up and Can't Get Any!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,
This is so sad, i tried to talk to my children in Ortysia to get them in my party as kids but i cannot find them, please help me so I do not start a new game... again.
Start a new game? It's not worth it. If you can't find your children (I couldn't in my playthrough, even tho I didn't even look for them) just wait for the developers to fix this damnit bug, which they obviously don't consider a priority, and play something else.

Yeah it’s pretty weird. Lots of things need looking at. Took my first kid to reach majority into my party awhile back. Had a baseline of 20 in a few things. No attribute/focus points. She doesn’t learn anything. Any of the other kids have been the same or worse upon growing up.
Oh, and good news. We’re expecting again. My character...she’s 79. LOL

Same problem, main save had my character die at 57/58 of old age, then i played as his wife until kids were grown and she had been executed. Now im my slow moving and weak son with a whole band of my children who are absolutely useless basically because of their skill points being negative.

Same problem, main save had my character die at 57/58 of old age, then i played as his wife until kids were grown and she had been executed. Now im my slow moving and weak son with a whole band of my children who are absolutely useless basically because of their skill points being negative.
Stop playing this save, as I did, and if you want start another campaign.

I just don't see this one getting fixed for children that already exist because unlike skill points, the attributes are earned and then assigned by the player. Changing XP rates earned is easy and would apply to any Save game. I imagine the fix to children is going to be a code fix that prevents any future children from being born without stats. Once children grow up, they're essentially just companions. And with this being Early Access and not a Live game, I think that's one of the better things to have go wrong.

I'm still dreading the day when they do an update to the build that breaks all of the current Save games, but I anticipate that's going to happen one day with all of the broad changes and content the current version still needs.
Hello.

It seems that this way also does not work, anymore.
Game crushes when i load early savegames with this mod, even if turn off the rest of the mods (i use only one another mod - Better time =))
Does everyone have the same problem?

Hello.

It seems that this way also does not work, anymore.
Game crushes when i load early savegames with this mod, even if turn off the rest of the mods (i use only one another mod - Better time =))
Does everyone have the same problem?

honestly my only advise after having to abandon 2 saved files is that find workarounds instead of mods. mods will very likely crash the game upon next patch and nobody knows when they'll get update if at all. i only used 2 mods for quality of life, saving formations and what not. and crashes my games and ruined saved files... gg wp

i made test, slept computer open that i would see childs skills.. ( i cant get mods work on bannerlord) When child growed up, they still have -500xp and skill points 0. This in beta mode 1.4.1. so it isnt yet fixed.

So... quick question-- have any of you tried playing with a female character? My character theoretically has two children in Sanopea but they don't seem to actually exist. Is this a bug pertaining to being the child's mother, rather than father?

I have been informed that this issue is fixed and will be included in the coming patches. Thanks for your reports!
You put this in the solved sub forum, yet ANOTHER patch has been released and it still isn't fixed, and from what I can tell from the patch notes not even the new 1.4.2 beta branch, again, fixes the issue. This major bug was reported almost 2 months ago and it's still there. I'd like to play this game again, start a new campaign even, but as I said before I won't unless TaleWorlds fixes this. What's the point in playing if every newborn can't level up? Also, why putting this topic into the solved sub forum if this hasn't been solved at all? Just write the message as you did and leave it into the bug section, no? Doesn't it make more sense since the bug is still there?

Last edited:
You put this in the solved sub forum, yet ANOTHER new patch has been released and it still isn't fixed, and from what I can tell from the patch notes not even the new 1.4.2 beta branch, again, fixes the issue. This major bug was reported almost 2 months ago and it's still there. I'd like to play this game again, start a new campaign even, but as I said before I won't unless TaleWorlds fixes this. What's the point in playing if every newborn can't level up? Also, why putting this topic into the solved sub forum if this hasn't been solved at all? Just write the message as you did and leave it into the bug section, no? Doesn't it make more sense since the bug is still there?

I have same problem, and kinda cheking everyday this forum that is fixed or not. When they fix this i will start new game. If you play game in normal difficulty, childrens have time to grow up to 18 easily before you have even conquered whole world.. 1 thing, i cant find any mention about this bug in "know issues sector".
i hope some on will write it here when they notice that this is fixed, without mods.

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and they were able to spend skill and attribute points. But you have to add your child to your party before spending points. Are you sure your game is up to date and unmodded? Can you try to reproduce this is in a fresh save? IF you still experience this issue please send us your save file!

The bug is still there after I tried getting my son and daughter into my party as you suggested. If this bug is solved for new saves I'll start a new campaign, but until that is confirmed I shall wait.
Ah, I'm playing the 1.4.1. The game is unmodded as I mostly use GeForce Now to play

I cant *edit* *comprehend how to* post an image but it certainly wasn't fixed for my existing save before or after the children were 18. Ill start a new save but I reckon it will be awhile again before my offspring reach maturity and I can test this :'(

Back
Top Bottom