Resolved Children Have No Skill Points When They Grow Up and Can't Get Any!

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep, I have exactly the same issue, one son and one daughter came of age but can't level up because they are high level already but have 0 skill points assigned. They CANNOT get any XP. I can't post a screenshot of my son here because I just registered to the forums earlier today, but I was also about to create a topic before reading this.
This needs to be fixed, as it's a game breaking bug to me, so for now I stopped playing Bannerlord for the first time after I bought it; once my character dies, and he's becoming pretty old, I will be playing with worthless characters then.

Yep, I have exactly the same issue, one son and one daughter came of age but can't level up because they are high level already but have 0 skill points assigned. They CANNOT get any XP. I can't post a screenshot of my son here because I just registered to the forums earlier today, but I was also about to create a topic before reading this.
This needs to be fixed, as it's a game breaking bug to me, so for now I stopped playing Bannerlord for the first time after I bought it; once my character dies, and he's becoming pretty old, I will be playing with worthless characters then.
Read the second post of this thread. I explained how to fix the broken children.

And death isn't enabled yet, so your current character will live to be 100+ years old and won't die at the moment.

I did read your posts, I don't want to go all the way and mod every child that comes of age. Considering also that, according to what you wrote, the bug affects every offspring of every lord fixing my own offspring doesn't solve the issue entirely.
Anyway, I have death enabled into the campaign, so my character should die of old age eventually, I guess?

I did read your posts, I don't want to go all the way and mod every child that comes of age. Considering also that, according to what you wrote, the bug affects every offspring of every lord fixing my own offspring doesn't solve the issue entirely.
Anyway, I have death enabled into the campaign, so my character should die of old age eventually?
You can use the mod to fix the children of NPC's, if you really wanted to. I would just recommend using it to fix the children that you plan on using as companions. There's no point in waiting anyway, because when they eventually fix this, it won't effect your children that already exist. Those NPC's already have stats of 0 assigned. It'll only effect newly born children and new campaigns... (Because it's an attribute point issue, not just the skills.) So either fix them or deal with them staying broken. lol.

Death by old age isn't a thing right now. Crotor lived to be 107 in my original campaign and kept on going. As of the current version of the game there is currently NO WAY to kill off the main hero, unless you install the Developer Console and use cheats to make it happen.

They are modifying XP gains for campaigns started weeks ago and I've also seen companion stats changing a bit after some patches, so I'm confident they'll be able to fix this even for existing children and ongoing campaigns. Otherwise my save of more than 100 hours will be worthless.
I also mostly use GeForce Now to play this game, so using most mods and playing using the streaming service is not possible for me at the moment.

They are modifying XP gains for campaigns started weeks ago and I've also seen companion stats changing a bit after some patches, so I'm confident they'll be able to fix this even for existing children and ongoing campaigns. Otherwise my save of more than 100 hours will be worthless.
I also mostly use GeForce Now to play this game, so using most mods and playing using the streaming service is not possible for me at the moment.
I just don't see this one getting fixed for children that already exist because unlike skill points, the attributes are earned and then assigned by the player. Changing XP rates earned is easy and would apply to any Save game. I imagine the fix to children is going to be a code fix that prevents any future children from being born without stats. Once children grow up, they're essentially just companions. And with this being Early Access and not a Live game, I think that's one of the better things to have go wrong.

I'm still dreading the day when they do an update to the build that breaks all of the current Save games, but I anticipate that's going to happen one day with all of the broad changes and content the current version still needs.

I've stopped playing this game and rediscovered Imperator: Rome since I've found this bug. I don't think I'm gonna touch this game again until they solve this issue. As I've said before, it's game breaking to me. At least it was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: This bug isn't even being fixed in the 1.3.0 beta and I'm disappointed. Looks like I'll have to wait longer to go back and play this. What a shame.

Last edited:
Same, i was on wait because of this bug, i wanted to take over my child when main dies, but no point to do that when skillswere broken.

"Grow Up and Work" mod kinda fixes this bug, so if you want to give it a try.

Same, i was on wait because of this bug, i wanted to take over my child when main dies, but no point to do that when skillswere broken.

"Grow Up and Work" mod kinda fixes this bug, so if you want to give it a try.
I mostly play this game using GeForce Now and I'd rather wait for this damnit issue to be fixed than use a mod, but thanks anyway, the mod seems interesting at least

Same for me. My children have no skills and dont seem to get levels. On the XP level it has negative values. (-200/500); if that helps ...

Same for me. My children have no skills and dont seem to get levels. On the XP level it has negative values. (-200/500); if that helps ...
Yeah mate, we're all on the same boat.

INifY8o.jpg

This is my son. What a pro.

Hello,
This is so sad, i tried to talk to my children in Ortysia to get them in my party as kids but i cannot find them, please help me so I do not start a new game... again.

Back
Top Bottom