Children bug

Users who are viewing this thread

My children have grown all the way up, but they're nowhere to be found on the map. My first character just died (RIP), and they weren't available to select as heirs either. Anyone else encountering this bug and know a way to fix it?

It seems as though none of the children born after the start of a campaign, whether to the player or to NPCs, can become adult characters at all.

The last dev blog stated that they had a education system for children that was similar to the character creation, so I'm guessing either it's not in just yet or had some bugs and isn't working properly.

The last dev blog stated that they had a education system for children that was similar to the character creation, so I'm guessing either it's not in just yet or had some bugs and isn't working properly.
So the whole multi-generational feature isn't a feature until the education system is implemented.

So the whole multi-generational feature isn't a feature until the education system is implemented.
I wouldn't hold my breath even on that sorting it out completely. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they add the education system and it's just a ? tease and the kids still don't become proper functional clan member or MC heirs. When that's fixed I would be happily surprised if NPC children also become fully functional. I would be ecstatic if the NPC also would make new marriages and new children and so forth....
Not trying to be mean, I'm a great TW supporter, but they routinely add partial features/fixes and leave out the other 1/2 indefinitely.

Think your wife killed them and she have to pay the iron price...Dont marry Empire women, they go all in for power...i learned that lesson once and never again

Btw starting to think if you name em before they get of age they stay as children. My brother is still a child who i named, while my sister who i didnt are grown up now...I could be wrong but arent they coming of age aprox at the same time ? I mean shes 19 now so...Re:i was wrong about this and he has came to age now

Last edited:
Same problema, even for the AI, some interesting find is with the mod that enabled AI marriage "houses of calradia", when A wife marry she spawn in the other family with gear in their portrait, that means that could be a general.

In conclusion there is a bug with a recall for the new born characters when they grew up. For example sons can't have their own parties, only could be recalled with the governor workaround.

Same problema, even for the AI, some interesting find is with the mod that enabled AI marriage "houses of calradia", when A wife marry she spawn in the other family with gear in their portrait, that means that could be a general.

In conclusion there is a bug with a recall for the new born characters when they grew up. For example sons can't have their own parties, only could be recalled with the governor workaround.
Do you mean making them a governor will make them into a usable character?

Btw starting to think if you name em before they get of age they stay as children. My brother is still a child who i named, while my sister who i didnt are grown up now...I could be wrong but arent they coming of age aprox at the same time ? I mean shes 19 now so...Re:i was wrong about this and he has came to age now
No your sister is older.

With the Character Reload mod, you can see everyone's age (also change it), even that of children. Your sister is a year older than your brother, and both become operational when they reach 18 years, I think they can form their own groups and be useful. With the children I suppose the same will happen, I have had a few but none have yet reached the age of 18 years, the most I have seen is my oldest children with about 12 or 13 years and you could already see their faces in the Encyclopedia (as happened before with my brothers) so I suppose that when they reach 18 years old I will be able to incorporate them into my clan in the same way.

Using different mods such as Houses of Calradia, MoreSpouses and LordsFromFamily I have been able to see that the nobles of the different clans (or kingdoms) marry each other, have children, come of age, form their armies, inherit the ownership of the clans when they die (or the previous bosses are eliminated), etc., you can also marry your family members (I suppose your children too) and grant them a fiefdom, and they form a clan of their own and have offspring (as it should happen in the original game). So I suppose all of that must be implemented in the game, but for some reason it still doesn't work.

I also assume that some of your children (as happens with the other clans or factions) will inherit your kingdom if you die and you will be able to control it from that moment (but this I have not been able to prove yet because I have not died yet).

Your sons and daughters still can't lead parties/caravans, despite coming of age. They can be assigned as governors and taken into your party, but thats all.

I think the education system so far is give them level 23 and let the player assign everything. Instead of starting at level 1 - 10.

It works now

Well god damn boys, they ****ing did it!

Children are now activated in the world (can be selected for party leader/governor/heir) and are even getting married to start the 3rd generation, we got generation gameplay now.

New born children will spawn in the game with good equipment but still with no skills (education update will fix im sure).

I am vlandian man and my wife is aserai, so it seems the equipment of the child will be a preset from the faction that matches the parent of the same gender(boys got vlandian gear, girl got aserai). Seems to be the same for AI kids.
tHld2.jpg
SqcDr.jpg
AWdls.jpg

Just a heads up this was a new game in 1.5.5 but before this most recent hotfix so there is a chance it is backwards compatible. Would be great if someone could test this with a old save.

Your sons and daughters still can't lead parties/caravans, despite coming of age. They can be assigned as governors and taken into your party, but thats all.

I think the education system so far is give them level 23 and let the player assign everything. Instead of starting at level 1 - 10.
Well, I suppose I got lucky, because my daughter Marda (god, she's ugly!) came of age at Level 26. Look at all those lovely attributes I get to assign!!

sDpXdnk.jpg

With this "solution" in place you can guide the development of your child by spending the focuses and skill increases where you want said progeny to gain points. But they start with almost no points, as is reasonable - they still must put in the years of hard work to actually get better at doing things.

I LIKE this idea. If it survives, I'm happy!

Back
Top Bottom