Cheers & shouts

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwezz

Sergeant at Arms
This is a feature that I've been waiting for quite some time for and I wanted to say thanks for finally implementing it into MP.

The cheers and shouts themselves are fine but the interface is a bit clunky.First, you have to press your hotkey for cheers&shouts(default O), press m1 or m2 to select either cheers or shouts and then drag your mouse to the desired emote.This makes it annoying to use at best and impossible during combat. Here's some suggestions to make it smoother:

1.Switch between cheers and shouts using the hotkey.
Pressing O once would bring up the shouts menu, pressing it again would bring up the cheers menu, pressing it again would make it go back to the shouts menu, so on and so forth.Having to press the same key twice is way more comfortable than pressing 1 key and then a mouse click.

2.Separate hotkeys.
If the first option is too difficult to implement, there's still plenty of free hotkeys that aren't used for anything by default, should be pretty easy to make one for cheers and one for shouts.

3.Directly bind specific cheers/shouts.
I've got a couple rows of numpad keys that I'm not using for anything. Allow me to bind them for instant shouts/cheers without needing to drag my mouse to select at all.

Jeah, interface is a bit cluncy. Cheering is a spontaneous action andwould probably be best to have just one keypress for a random cheer.

Asked myself whether it would make sense to integrate cheers and shouts directly into the command bar. There's certainly still som F-Keys unused.

Jeah, interface is a bit cluncy. Cheering is a spontaneous action andwould probably be best to have just one keypress for a random cheer.

Asked myself whether it would make sense to integrate cheers and shouts directly into the command bar. There's certainly still som F-Keys unused.
Just use alt+number key or even just a number key like Native NEOGK, nobody ever complained about that.

I think the two button presses to get tho the shouts are ok even if it's somewhat clunky. I can use commands in battle when I have the presses memorized, so why not the shout presses? My problem is the selection wheel action afterwards. I wish the shouts could be selected with the number keys when the wheel is present. That gives the option to both use the wheel if you don't know the hotkeys and to use the numbers if you have them memorized.

EDIT: To add some positivity; I really like the shouts and I appreciate they put them in.

Back
Top Bottom