Checklist for TW to finish mp

Users who are viewing this thread

Frodo.

Regular
- fix performance issues
- release custom servers
- fix your own servers
Doing these 3 things and calling it done it would make 80% of mp players happy. Not everyone's gonna be happy but this is the best you can do because there isn't much time before the mp breathes its last breath.

How to save the game?if the game is fun enough,i think only few players will leave just for these 3 reasons.

What actually make bannerlord mp dead is its "balance" i think,both faction balance and class balance.i feel that TW's target to balance and develop game is more like to butter up "pro players",instead of making common players feel comfortable.So here we got rank system and strange balance based on the advise from pros.But in TDM and siege where common players always play,it is more easily to kill noobs for pros now than 1 years ago(when 2 hand inf is op, pros and noobs can kill each other in 1 hit,which make the technique gap between pros and noobs small)

Now the heavy inf has very good weapons(can even 1 tap peasants and 2-hand inf ),shield(very hard to broke),perks,armor(more than 40 or 50),movement speed(80 even 84).So pros with heavy inf can kill lower class very easily,and even more easily after picking up a 2hand weapons.For noobs,it is more hard to kill pros' heavy inf,which means no money for higher class.Even noobs can aford a heavy inf,it is still hard to win a shield and heavy armor battle with pros.Some one may give up the game or choose to be an archer.

With looter perk and best heavy inf and 2 hand sowrd,pros and some players vote and play vlandia in TDM and siege almost every round especially beyond the sharp time.This means half of the players who don't play vlandia will have a hard game experience.Imaging a new player finish download bannerlord , open the game and join EU server,find there are 10 guys in vlandia and 5 guys in sturgia,as a normal people,he choose to join sturgia to balance the number of players,and then vlandian pros beat his **** out,he can't kill vlandian sergeants with worriers but only make low damage and gain no money.Finally he get money for assist kill,he buy a berserker and get killed in only 1 hit by a 1 hand sowrd because he runs more slowly than the sergeant in combat........will he feel happy??

Let alone some stupid problems:
1.mace is op in 1.7.1,so NIN3 nerf it.But he also nerf the armor without extra armor perk,so if you pick mace perk and fight against a guy pick extra armor perk,you will both find that you make almost same damage to each other,as sword is longer and faster and it can thrust and you can get extra armor and can even 1 tap light armor class, mace perk is a really joke now.
2.vlandia is op in 1.7.1 but NIN3 still buff its inf in 1.7.2.he even let 2 hand sowrd perk grant +5% movement speed,which make other factions' 2hand inf just joker.Maybe he think vlandia should get some pay for making its archer more expensive.I can't understand.So still many pros continue to play vlandia and vlandia seems sill op.
3.EU captain mode is still dead

How to save the game?I don't know,I am not very pro at the game or developing a game,i only have played the game more than 1600 hours and love the game and want more people come to play the game and wish players could have more fun beside just kill and kill.I am really glad to see that in e1.8.0 we could have mp mods,but before that,here are still many serious problems in the game now.And i think the biggest one is "balance".

Seeing how chivalry2 attract so many people,here are my advice about TDM's and siege's class system :
-inf 1(peasant):80-90$,all faction get looter perk,armor:low,speed:very fast,equipment:poor(short pikes,farm tools,throwing stone.etc)
-inf 2(light inf):100$,armor:medium,speed:fast,equipment:good(2-hand,medium shield,javelin,army weapons.etc)
-inf 3(heavy inf):100$,armor:best,speed:slow,equipment:good(better shield than inf2)
-inf 4(if needed,like battaina):100$,the lower the armor is ,the higher the movement is,equipment:good
-archer1(light archer,milita archer):100$,(xbower can be 110$),armor:low,speed:fast(a bit slower than light inf),equipment:not good(bad bows,less arrows)
-archer2(if needed)(heavy archer,archer master):140$or more,armor:medium or good,speed:slow,equipment:good(good bows,enough arrows)
-cav1(light cav):140$or more,armor:low or medium,speed:same as inf(according to armor),equipment:medium(spear only)
-cav2(if needed)(heavy cav):200$ or more:armor:good,speed:same as inf,equipment:good(get lance)
-hero unit(if could):300$or more:armor:best,speed:fast(but not fastest),equipment:best(based on faction characteristic)
others like the kill reward ,native money are no need to be changed.the respawn time of defender in siege can be longer.

I think class system like this in TDM and siege will be friendly to new players and easier to make faction balance,and let bannerlord played more like warband under existing frame,and enjoy more than kill to earn money to kill more and easier. Players can use the unit they love and fight fairly,if you want to use higher class unit,use peasant to earn money more quickly to buy a cav.Even no kill and just die as peasant can let you have chance to play cav or hero unit.More details about this system need more time and energy to test and finish.

The server crashes on both public and private servers are the #1 thing killing population on a daily basis. We regularly have 50+ people on any given server, but every crash causes a few people to log out until there are only a handful left willing to put up with it. This prevents the population from snowballing throughout the day and keeps player numbers down overall. I firmly believe that without the server crashes we would have 100+ player servers on a regular basis here in NA.

I think some balancing issues could also be addressed. Vlandia is arguably the strongest faction thanks to a combination of things such as having the best archers/infantry/lancers... hell, even their basic Peasant Levy is armed with the strongest blunt weapon in the game though part of it has to do with the universal blunt weapon nerf.

Other balance issues I think are worth noting are the lackluster or almost non-existent options regarding blunt weapons for Aserai and Sturgia, Empire being the absolute worst faction over one fatal flaw, and TaleWorlds' own insistence on balancing the Rhomphalia around being tied to a lousy 2 points of health. Speaking of shock troops, there's no reason for the Berserker to cost 130 over other factions' 120 and Battania's 110.

Other balance issues I think are worth noting are the lackluster or almost non-existent options regarding blunt weapons for Aserai and Sturgia, Empire being the absolute worst faction over one fatal flaw, and TaleWorlds' own insistence on balancing the Rhomphalia around being tied to a lousy 2 points of health. Speaking of shock troops, there's no reason for the Berserker to cost 130 over other factions' 120 and Battania's 110.
A very stupid fact is that heavy inf with perk and peasant move faster than shock inf when in combat,but shock inf has lowest armor,so heavy inf or peasant with 2 handed weapons is better than shock inf itself in any areas.Which means pros playing heavy inf can kill noobs easier,espically when it is vlandia vs sturgia in TDM.

TW must think berserker will be very op in TDM and siege,as what berserker looks like when pros playing it,so they make sturgian warriors and skirmishers run the slowest among the same class,but actually few people love to use berserker in TDM and siege,they are too expencive and very easy to be killed,let alone sturgia is always forced to fight against vlandia whose sergeant have 2 handed sword that can kill low armor unit easily.

I have to say the balance is more and more stupid and unlogical than 1 year ago.Now only vlandian players and pro players can have fun from present balance in TDM and siege mode.When I try to recommend mp to my friend who never played before,I can only tell them that"well,if you want to have fun as a new player,play vlandia,the red one"

doesn't matter how balanced the game is, if u can't even play it there won't be any players left. All they do each patch is try and make little balance changes while the big issues (the ones I mentioned in the original post) remain and oftentimes get worse. That's why I think they should focus on only those three things before changing anything else.

doesn't matter how balanced the game is, if u can't even play it there won't be any players left.
Balance is still something worth considering, because TaleWorlds' insistence on keeping certain things imbalanced is still a significant enough source of frustration to push people away from playing MP. Remember how stupid archers were before e1.7.2?

I think people would be less frustrated if fights against Aserai/Sturgia against anyone with heavy armor is less one-sided because as it currently stands, both factions overrely on one specific unit to deal blunt damage, which creates some extremely exploitable weaknesses that other factions do not have.

Though at this point, I should probably give up on Imperial Recruit actually being in a playable state. Perhaps I can instead hope for every other Empire unit being adequately buffed around the "ragequit if you die as this unit" downside?

Balance is still something worth considering, because TaleWorlds' insistence on keeping certain things imbalanced is still a significant enough source of frustration to push people away from playing MP. Remember how stupid archers were before e1.7.2?
yeah I'm not disagreeing that the game is unbalanced, but I think the things I listed should be prioritised above it. Cos honestly the casual playerbase isn't too worried about balance and just likes playing big medieval battles with skill based combat.
And it'd help keep players if it didn't crash half the time - or, like today, the servers were completely down all day. TW can balance all they want once servers are working properly.

Cos honestly the casual playerbase isn't too worried about balance and just likes playing big medieval battles with skill based combat.
I dunno, i think people would start worrying about balance when the default matchup is Vlandia vs Sturgia, which we all know is pretty one-sided due to having 55 armor shock troops and Sturgia needing to overrely on a 2 armor unit with a super slow blunt weapon in order to deal with armor.

Meanwhile, Vlandia has access to the Hammer, Vlandian Mace (Sergeant), and Voulge to make short work of Varyags.

Oh, and good luck playing Empire when you have to play the Menavlion Infantry and Archer Militia perfectly or not play the game at all, and it's clear to me that TaleWorlds will insist that the Recruit will need to 3v1 or 5v1 their opponents in a game balanced around 6v6 games with limited respawns.

I can't imagine the casual playerbase having all too much fun if they find themselves in hopeless situations that they can't dig themselves out of like I have described, but that's probably just me being the only sane person in the face of intentional imbalancing. I think my experience with intentionally imbalanced games can also be compared with Killing Floor 2 and SoulCalibur VI

TBF Varyag is the best it's been since the bastard axe got taken away tho. The noble axe can 2-3 shot a sergeant if you have the feller perk, which is comparable to how fast they can kill you with their 2h.

Back
Top Bottom