Checking in and checking out - Thank you everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all.  It's been, well, quite a few months since I last logged in to this forum.

I am writing to say that I really enjoyed my time working on Chronicles of Talera.  The mod development team here was a joy to work with.  It is great to see them still around, responding to questions and offering assistance to those who have discovered it since my departure.  I sincerely appreciate you guys and apologize that I am not around to do so myself.

To the community at large that has supported and enjoyed the project (60,000 downloads, wow!), I thank you for your continued support, comments, and for giving our creation a try.

I am also writing to say that I do not have any intentions of continuing the mod.  I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with this news.  I enjoyed Mount & Blade for a long time, but as with many things in life, I felt it was my time to move on.  I had huge aspirations for the mod, but sometimes ambition and intent is overtaken by real world limitations (such as available time).  In addition, several broken functions/abilities in the module system were very frustrating, which also contributed to this decision.

Personally, I am currently looking forward to the upcoming release of Torchlight by Runic Games.  I have always been a huge ARPG fan (Diablo 2, Titan Quest, etc), and I fully expect them to deliver a truly fun experience.  In addition, they will be including a full set of modding tools.  I've not decided yet if I'll be developing a mod based on that editor yet, but it does look to  be very empowering to potential designers.  Perhaps another of my creations will grace the web again, but who knows, time will tell.

I did send all the code to Elenmmare, so I can not comment on the future of the mod itself without me.  Take care all, and feel free to send me a PM if you want to say hi.  As long as my account is active here I'll receive it in my email.  Thanks again for all your support, it was a really fun ride while it lasted.  :grin:

Thanks much man :smile: i know us fans apreciate you telling us. ive loved the work you have done and i hope that those that are left will continue it on thank you again.

Wow, I can't believe I missed this. This is great news; to be honest, I was actually worried something had happened to you, so it's a relief to know you're fine.

It was a great experience working with you, more than all of us, you made this mod what it is.

Holy cow! I'm gone for like, 2 months, and then so much happens. D:

Thanks pal for the hard work. I played CoT endlessly =)

Back
Top Bottom