Checkable time counter in battles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, tis me with yet another question. I was wondering what I'd have to do to get a time counter/countdown into an active mission template, like a little thing in the corner that simply counts from 0:00 to 15:00 or something, like an ingame clock of sorts. And if so, could I make it so I can check what it's at? Say I want to launch a script or somesuch 10 minutes in, would I be able to do that?

Well you can make a counter by having a couple of global variables (seconds and minutes) and a repeating trigger to go off every second to increase the seconds count by one (and then if seconds = 60, seconds = 0 but increase the minutes counter by one). You can then make timed scripts by having a repeating trigger to check if minutes = 10. I've no idea how you'd make it constantly visible, sadly, although as a compromise you could have a message scroll up on the left-hand side (i.e. where the strings, etc, are) every 30 seconds to give the current time.

Lumos said:
With a presentation. Create_text_overlay, showing the "$minutes" and the "$seconds".
Thank you very much for this.

Jubal said:
Well you can make a counter by having a couple of global variables (seconds and minutes) and a repeating trigger to go off every second to increase the seconds count by one (and then if seconds = 60, seconds = 0 but increase the minutes counter by one). You can then make timed scripts by having a repeating trigger to check if minutes = 10. I've no idea how you'd make it constantly visible, sadly, although as a compromise you could have a message scroll up on the left-hand side (i.e. where the strings, etc, are) every 30 seconds to give the current time.
And thanks for how to make it work.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom