• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Checkable time counter in battles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruthven

Baron
WBM&BVC
Hello, tis me with yet another question. I was wondering what I'd have to do to get a time counter/countdown into an active mission template, like a little thing in the corner that simply counts from 0:00 to 15:00 or something, like an ingame clock of sorts. And if so, could I make it so I can check what it's at? Say I want to launch a script or somesuch 10 minutes in, would I be able to do that?

Jubal

Knight
WBM&B
Well you can make a counter by having a couple of global variables (seconds and minutes) and a repeating trigger to go off every second to increase the seconds count by one (and then if seconds = 60, seconds = 0 but increase the minutes counter by one). You can then make timed scripts by having a repeating trigger to check if minutes = 10. I've no idea how you'd make it constantly visible, sadly, although as a compromise you could have a message scroll up on the left-hand side (i.e. where the strings, etc, are) every 30 seconds to give the current time.

Ruthven

Baron
WBM&BVC
Lumos said:
With a presentation. Create_text_overlay, showing the "$minutes" and the "$seconds".
Thank you very much for this.

Jubal said:
Well you can make a counter by having a couple of global variables (seconds and minutes) and a repeating trigger to go off every second to increase the seconds count by one (and then if seconds = 60, seconds = 0 but increase the minutes counter by one). You can then make timed scripts by having a repeating trigger to check if minutes = 10. I've no idea how you'd make it constantly visible, sadly, although as a compromise you could have a message scroll up on the left-hand side (i.e. where the strings, etc, are) every 30 seconds to give the current time.
And thanks for how to make it work.  :wink:

Top Bottom