SP - General Check all the values of the armors, especially the shields, they don't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

On my computer I have edited the spitems myself, because the values of the shields have nothing to do with the shield model. A battered kite shield that looks like four badly riveted boards, has more defense than a round reinforced shield, with iron reinforcements everywhere and looks unbreakable. Or an infantry Large Round Shield, larger than the soldier himself, has more speed than a small round khergite cavalry shield. Or the famous square wicker shield, a wicker piece my grandmother could have braided, which has the same resistance as the pavise shield (which at first glance seems like the most solid shield in the entire game)

Also the rough tied bracer, which is a piece of cloth that should have at most 14 defense, has as much defense as heavy mail mittens (30). I think it is a very easy mistake to change too.

I mean, it doesn't matter to me because I've already changed it in my local archives, but surely people will appreciate it. And it didn't take me more than 2 hours to check all the armor pieces for logical value.

Greetings, I love your work, anyway.

I second this. I was about to post about it myself. I'm sure the bracers thing is wanting to maintain the Battanian aesthetic and still have their armor values be competitive, but it's immersion breaking when I have leather bracers with *no gloves* giving more armor than plated gauntlets. I noticed the issue is also quite pronounced on helmets in particular. Cloth and leather helmets can have more armor than mail coifs, which doesn't seem right.

+1.

I noticed that they actually increased the value of Rough Tied Bracer, which is disappointing to say the least, since it indicates that the high armor value is intended.

This is not an urgent matter but definitely need another pass.

I've long since edited it myself in spitems, because if it wasn't fixed from the start, how easy it is, I knew it wasn't going to be fixed in a long time. I also have the mod item fixer for prices (because I was lazy to change them all), and the prices that did not touch from the mod, I changed them. And the values of the armor in the mod I also touched up to my liking. Right now I have a game with very consistent armor, shield and price values.

Making mods for others is much more complicated than editing the game files on your computer and I don't feel like learning. So I have not published it on nexus. I could put the files for people to overwrite, but it's very seedy, mods aren't like that. Besides the edited Item Fixer file I don't have permission to publish it either. It's a shame, because I have a great game right now, with a few mods, not too many, but well chosen, which give it a very different and more interesting feeling.

I have also edited the upgrade trees to give more evolution to the bandit troops, which can go from looter to bandit boss, for example. All the bandit troops end up in their own bandit boss, and I have put horses on them (which they did not have), except for the forest bandits, who have put a good bow on them. Poachers also advance towards the tree of the forest bandits, for example (before they did not advance towards anything).

I second this. I was about to post about it myself. I'm sure the bracers thing is wanting to maintain the Battanian aesthetic and still have their armor values be competitive, but it's immersion breaking when I have leather bracers with *no gloves* giving more armor than plated gauntlets. I noticed the issue is also quite pronounced on helmets in particular. Cloth and leather helmets can have more armor than mail coifs, which doesn't seem right.
I kind of disagree. The Battanians have the Noble bracers that I reckon should be swapped with the Rough Tied ones. If it weren't for the graphical glitches, they'd look a whole lot better.

Back
Top Bottom