Cheaters in bannerlord in EU servers "Beta"

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello there dear TaleWorlds,

I have a complaint about the recent times i been playing this game for. Which is, the increase of players that play unfairly using Aim bot, Auto Block, moving and attacking speed hack. At the beginning I did not care that much because it was not noticeable and i thought i was bad and i still need to get good but currently the amount of players that uses cheat spiked for some reason, i'm not sure if you are aware of that and if you are aware please deal with it. At one point I did stand next to a cheater and i noticed that he was using a crossbow and head shooting everyone that pass by him and the other one which i found the most and common people that block every attack no matter what you do you still cant hit him 1v1 so it effect the 5v5 games because they are a small scale battles in big battles the auto block cannot help that much because there is too many people that can attack one person.
as a bad player I can say that I didn't encounter even cheater so far and I'm happy with it

Oh... That explains why combat is so unnecessary difficult. Because skilled players can overcome whatever mechanics there are, meanwhile the game has been rendered unplayable for the normies. We're finding all that's wrong right now via all the normie feedback, but there's no time to fix prior to launch. Good game, great way to receive feedback. Really takes a rocket scientist to realize you will get very one-sided feedback by doing so.
That goes for multi-player, I'm sure plenty of players are still going to enjoy the SP.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Iam i medicore player at max, my K/D is usuallly around 0.8 - 1.0. but COmabt is easier than i Warband i think
There are of course also severe faults with the combat in Warband. Some of the main differences might be how the engine calculates damage consider your stance/speed, the speed of swings, how to swing, added weight and perks, etc. That said, I'd still argue combat is smoother in Warband, not just because players has had time to adapt to Warband, or used to the swing speeds, etc, nor due to it being an old game, restricting you from the whole skill (perk) system, or by (almost) always giving you the ability to pick the class/weapons you preferred to more easily become skilled in those aspects. TaleWorlds has clearly overthought the combat system in Bannerlord. They've created a new engine with it's own system which in turn created hundreds of new flaws which needs solving and balancing. As one user so finely stated about the different feeling:
I don't understand why adding weight and physics to combat must mean that it feels delayed, sluggish, and unresponsive. Weight can be added by literally just sounds, animations, blood, etc.
This can't be any further from the truth. Most of the skilled players and Warband veterans are striving to make Bannerlords combat system simpler and easier to understand, similar to one Warband had, even improved upon it. They try to do that since the start of the Beta.
Instead what we got from the beggining was this "physics" based combat, stances introduced, chain attacks that are slower than spam attack, thus-useless, variable stuns, inconsistent damage outputs and illogical bounces , all of this based on countless factors not even genius could calculate in midst of a battle....i could go on for ages naming ways in which Bannerlords combat is not only harder than Warband, but impossible to understand, let alone master.
I highly recommend everyone to check out this thread Modified Combat Parameters , and see to which lenghts the veterans, competitive and just skilled players are going to try simplify the combat at least a bit, make it responsive to players actions, logical, and actually make it possible to master the combat by practicing, which is in the current state impossible, because inconsistencies derive from dozens of variables noone understands, let alone "normies" as you say, who will give up on Multiplayer in the first 5 minutes they see their character is not responsive to their actions, and dont understand why they sometimes deal much damage, sometimes less, why their weapon bounced of an enemy when it obviously should have dealt damage instead, sometimes they are stunned for longer than other times and so on....
The linked thread as well as the list of suggested changes/ideas/solutions are great. I also agree to all of your points. If you're implying skilled players and veterans are saying the game is faulty then you're right. Out of the hundreds of public and regimental players I occasionally interact with there are a majority saying the combat system is a bloody mess right now, and out of them a majority received beta keys a couple months back together with me.

However, what my original post was aimed at was the implication of a lot of those skilled players and veterans also being satisfied with the current system, simply because they can wreck newbies. You can find one excellent example earlier in this thread:
With the new influx of newbies, its too easy to end their miserable and weak lifes as I have been forced to warring with uber pros!
You shouldn't have been hurt by the post since it didn't aim for you, but maybe it looked like that. There's a faction of satisfied players here advocating against any and most changes and sometimes justifying it with themselves being mainly single-player and don't care for the well-being of the multi-player, and that faction is in my opinion worse than whatever faction you consider I'm in. I'm obviously a community manager wanting the multi-player dead so my community cannot establish itself.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
What an unnecessary comment. Just a rhetorical question: There has been 5000, if not 10000 beta keys released. Why are there only less than 20 players using the match-making right now? Who are those players? I'll bet you fifty bucks they're some elite clan like VG. So where are all the normies? Some might have been scared away by the skilled players, others might've been put off by the combat system, or what do you think?

Last edited:
good or bad player the jest of it that if there is cheats it needs to be dealt with. I did further investigation and found another site that actually sells aim bots for bannerlord beta. What so called pro's these days are a potentially a cheater account. Come on guys have you seen how a pro player plays like??? he moves his camera like crazy and always looks down unlike these cheaters stands in a corner and hit you from far away.

good or bad player the jest of it that if there is cheats it needs to be dealt with. I did further investigation and found another site that actually sells aim bots for bannerlord beta. What so called pro's these days are a potentially a cheater account. Come on guys have you seen how a pro player plays like??? he moves his camera like crazy and always looks down unlike these cheaters stands in a corner and hit you from far away.
Hey my first impression was that you are talking about TDM. There is something you can do. Take note of the player and reenter the match as spectator. Scroll the mouse until you are following him. Then record the game, record everything, the pings and score too. Until then don't throw accusations and suspictions.

What an unnecessary comment. Just a rhetorical question: There has been 5000, if not 10000 beta keys released. Why are there only less than 20 players using the match-making right now? Who are those players? I'll bet you fifty bucks they're some elite clan like VG. So where are all the normies? Some might have been scared away by the skilled players, others might've been put off by the combat system, or what do you think?
Skirmish population is low for multiple reasons, one of them being that parties of more experienced players constantly stomp other players with less experience or that play on their own, I'm not denying that, but that's not exactly what you were saying in the post I replied to.

In general, the more skilled and experienced players are definitely not satisfied with the current state of the beta and definitely are not the ones to blame for the problems related to gameplay and balance, most of these problems have been known for months now, and there have been a lot of suggestions on how to approach and deal with them, but in the end it's the people at Taleworlds that decide what is changed and when.

It's not the "normies" now that are spotting the issues and asking for changes, we have literally been asking for very specific changes for ages, but the devs simply refuse to make the adequate tweaks most of the time. There wouldn't be a community patch in the making if the veterans were fine with the state of the game at the moment.

i've played this beta for 722+ hours i would say im Decent at the game some things i still need to practice but during these 722+ hours played i never once got the feeling that anyone was using cheats in this game and i've played all of the modes it has had to offer during this time.

OP, you may have simply encountered a Mount & Blade god. And I don't mean that in a mocking sense either. There are some players out there who are so skilled they are near-impossible to beat without closely coordinated teamwork. There cav players who can hit a bump-stab almost 100% of the time, and archers who can judge distance, timing, and missile trajectory better than any aimbot.

It's part of the beauty of M&B multiplayer. The learning curve is as steep as the Matterhorn, and the skill ceiling reaches far beyond the heavens.

OP, you may have simply encountered a Mount & Blade god. And I don't mean that in a mocking sense either. There are some players out there who are so skilled they are near-impossible to beat without closely coordinated teamwork. There cav players who can hit a bump-stab almost 100% of the time, and archers who can judge distance, timing, and missile trajectory better than any aimbot.

It's part of the beauty of M&B multiplayer. The learning curve is as steep as the Matterhorn, and the skill ceiling reaches far beyond the heavens.

isnt that what a cheater is? a guy named erios just solo won the game plays as an archer and 2 hand weapon blocking 100% unless got ganked from every side

I don't think creating divisions in the community (normies, elitists) will help anyone here. If you want changes you'll need people on your side, not pissed at you for attacking them.

That being said if someone were charging a person with a crossbow at full speed that would add their momentum to the shot's momentum and make for a seriously bad day. Add on top of that the amount of skill I've seen in some games via aiming and I have some doubts about active hackers.

Didn't encounter anything suspicious, and I got my key in about a week after it got spread out to community members. Also, if you're so sure of yourself, why did you not write down the player(s) name(s)? That would be the first thing I do, if I did not have a local recording. ESPECIALLY if I'm going on a forum complaining about it, I would have some form of proof.

isnt that what a cheater is? a guy named erios just solo won the game plays as an archer and 2 hand weapon blocking 100% unless got ganked from every side

No, it's someone who, through much hard work and effort, scratched and clawed their way to the top of the M&B skill ceiling (which to this day is ever-rising). They put the time and the hard work in, and now their efforts are showing in the form of success. Shouldn't focus and dedication be rewarded with success?

Back
Top Bottom