cheat menu

Users who are viewing this thread

jonash

Recruit
So apparently it doesn't work for me. I enable cheats through configure, ctrl+ ~ ingame and type cheatmenu, but nothing happens. Anyone knows how to get it to work?

ok I tried to do that, but I'm a total stranger to .py files. I've got no idea where to look for them :C. Also they say the .txt tweak works only for xxx version of native. Any other way to do it? :C

just look for your menus file in your light and darkness mod folder and open it using notepad++ if you dont have it just google it and it does work with any version but this was meant for 1.132 since there was a bug that made some pepole unable to open it and there was your answer just follow these steps
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,140022.msg3366344.html#msg3366344

and yes its a bit hard but it worked for me just make sure you make a backup of your menus file so if you made a mistake you wont have to download the mod agian

Thanks for the help. so far I've managed to download notepad ++ and locate the part where im supposed to paste it. And here I'm stuck, I got no idea where exacly to paste it or where to add spaces. I assume you reffered to the .txt tweak, cuz that is what I tried (sorry if its a silly question, I'm a newb). So far I only managed to get module to crash on startup, but thankfully I've got backup of menus.txt.
If you could post the exact part where im supposed to paste the entry and then the same part with the entry already added, so I can just replace it that would be awesome. :smile:

use the search button and copy menu_camp_action
and here are the steps
1. Make a back up copy of menus.txt
2. Open menus.txt with a decent text editor (Notepad++ or the like, or at the very least make sure wordwrap is off on Notepad)
3. Find the line that begins menu_camp_action
4. Add 2 to the final number in that line (in Native 1.134, change 6 to 8 ).
5. On the next line, which in Native begins with "mno_camp_recruit_prisoners", locate a good place to add the cheat option. It should not be the first option, or the last option, so locate a place in between other options. The end of an option is a bunch of numbers and the beginning of the next option is marked by " .  mno_action_"
6. At the place described above, paste in the following block of text AFTER the set of numbers and BEFORE the '.'
and this is the code i copied them so you wont have to look for them agian
.  mno_action_disable_cheat_mode  1 31 2 144115188075856163 1  Disable_cheat_mode.  2 2133 2 144115188075856163 0 2060 1 864691128455135259  .  mno_action_enable_cheat_mode  1 31 2 144115188075856163 0  Enable_cheat_mode.  2 2133 2 144115188075856163 1 2060 1 864691128455135259
and more steps
7. Make sure that before the leading ".  mno_action_disable" there are exactly 2 spaces between the '.' and the numbers that come before it, and that there are exactly 2 spaces after the trailing 'numbers' before the next ".  mno_action_"
8. Save. Play.

and if this did not work then i dont know what to do since i dont remeber since i did this a year or more ago but in the end it worked somehow any way if it did not work just leave it be and enjoy the mod and mabey when chapter 2 comes out the moder would have  fixed it and it might work and you wont have to wait for that long since it gonna come out in a month or two  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom