Cheap Gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Prince said:
Yahtzee isn't really a big fan of RPGs anyways.
He liked Dragon Age: Origins, but whatever. :razz:
Sir Prince said:
And today's steam specials:

Crysis Warhead and Crysis $13.59

Multiwinia + Darwinia  $2.99

Half-Life: Source  $2.49

Medieval II: Total War $4.99 (the expansion, Kingdoms, is sadly not on sale but is only $14.99. BUY THEM SEPARATELY the gold package is still at $29.99 instead of $19.99 it should be)

You forgot Shattered Horizon for $4.99. The only reason I really mention that though, is because I was wondering if it's any good.

New STEAM deals:

Mass Effect 75% @ $4.99

DOOM Pack Complete 66% off @ $13.59

Sam & Max Complete  65% off @ $14.99

Portal 75% off @ $4.99

Red Alert 3 £6.79. As usual, time travel shenanigans, OTT units and a star studded cast for the overdramatic and hammy FMV sequences. New for this outing are the Japanese (who predictably utilise giant stompy transforming robots as their main forces) and co-op play, with an AI general partnering up with you for each mission if you have no friends. Certainly my favourite of the series.

Morrowind GOTY Edition £3.24. Excellent predecessor to Oblivion, although it's starting to show it's age. This includes Bloodmoon and Tribunal, but not the construction set. Nontheless there's plenty of mods out there to save you making your own.

Counterstrike Source £3.49. Talk to irritating hyperactive American teens and confirm your lack of faith in humanity, now cheaper than ever before.

Encore from Steam today, so a chance to pick up anything you missed first time around.

Defence Grid the Awakening at £1.75

Bioshock for £3.49

Grand Theft Auto IV at £4.99

Killing Floor at £3.75 - I've got 2 Guest Passes if anyone wants to try before they buy. First come first served. It's not a bad game for a survival horror.

Torchlight at £3.75 - It's not actually a bad game. Cartoonish graphics and a horribly restricted view imho, but anyone who enjoys Diablo will probably find this an excellent deal for the price.

Left4Dead 2 at £20.09

Stalker at £2.00

Kind of disappointed, I was hoping for new sales :/

But at least people can buy these games again, and I too have 2 free quest passes for Killing Floor.

Yeah. Now they've fixed most of the bugs it's perfectly playable.

I've bought more games through the December sales than I have all year:

Elven Legacy
Jets N Guns Gold
Spectromancer
Zombielution
King Arthur : The Roleplaying Wargame
Cities XL Limited Edition
King's Bounty : Armoured Princess
Faces of War
Torchlight
Defence Grid : The Awakening
Dead Space
Devil May Cry IV
Killing Floor
Red Faction : Guerrilla
Battlefield 2
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
Pacific Fighters (yes, got it separately)
Zombie Driver
Heroes of Might and Magic V : Tribes of the East
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Silent Hunter IV
Medal of Honour : Airborne
Battleforge

Far too many games, far too few hours in the day. But at least I'm fine come the mid-year lull.

I don't even want to think of all the games I've bought in the last two months :s

But same, there are not many games left that I know of that I need to buy now!

Heh, none of them were "must buy" games apart from Armoured Princess. I pre-ordered my must buys some time ago (Alpha Protocol, Elemental : War of Magic; Diplomacy expansion for SoaSE, Silent Hunter V). Best thing about the sales is the chance to discover some hidden gems, rough diamonds or simply to take a chance on games you weren't sure about at full price. Although three of those games were replacements for lost/sold/eaten disks; I've got the original HoMM V, but missed the HoF expansion so I got TotE to get the missing dwarves and of course add the orcs, Silent Hunter IV died in a DVD drive malfunction so it's nice to have install media again (even if it means I can't install 1.4, but never mind), and I originally sold my copy of The Witcher about a week after buying it.
Currently King Arthur and Cities XL have been eating my time, although I got defence grid on a whim yesterday and promptly lost about six hours.

Sir Prince said:
I don't even want to think of all the games I've bought in the last two months :s

Can I have 'em then?  :grin:

iRock said:
Sir Prince said:

Can I have 'em then?  :grin:
They are all tied to my steam and GoG accounts, so no, sorry. Except Dragon Age, picked that up during the boxing week sale at Futureshop for $34.99

Torchlight is on sale at the price of $9.95 direct from Runic games for one day only. It's a Diablo style romp through random dungeons with some rather nice cartoon style graphics. Highly recommended if you haven't already bought it yet.

ebd06628c0c7c4d6804ec3fd768c758d73e43635.jpg

Last chance to grab some decent deals from Gamer's Gate :

King's Bounty : The Legend £5.95. Pretty much unmissable at that price if you still don't have it. Possibly the only game where you'll find yourself recruiting more troops so that you can defeat the demons living within your pants in order to make said pants more powerful. And that's just how it deals with magic items ...

Pathologic £5.95. I'll let RPS's Quinns tell you why you need to play this, although be warned that those articles do contain some mild spoilers, and yet it won't actually matter one bit. For a non-spoilerific approach, Eurogamer review

Men of War : Red Tide £11.97. Sequel / expandalone to Men of War, it's more hilarious physics meets RPG like micromanagement *** WWII RTS.

Archonsod said:
Yeah. Now they've fixed most of the bugs it's perfectly playable.

I've bought more games through the December sales than I have all year:

Elven Legacy
Jets N Guns Gold
Spectromancer
Zombielution
King Arthur : The Roleplaying Wargame
Cities XL Limited Edition
King's Bounty : Armoured Princess
Faces of War
Torchlight
Defence Grid : The Awakening
Dead Space
Devil May Cry IV
Killing Floor
Red Faction : Guerrilla
Battlefield 2
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
Pacific Fighters (yes, got it separately)
Zombie Driver
Heroes of Might and Magic V : Tribes of the East
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Silent Hunter IV
Medal of Honour : Airborne
Battleforge

Far too many games, far too few hours in the day. But at least I'm fine come the mid-year lull.

23 games in a month ?! Heh and my parents think i'm insane game buyer :lol:.  Anyway where do you find the time to play all of them?
Well good luck! Hopefully those games will fill your needs of gaming for tomorrow.
My only found was in when i bought R:TW for £ 2.8.

Two promising indie games, Overgrowth & Natural Selection 2, pre-order both (effectively buy one get one free) for $39.95. Pre-ordering also gets you into the alpha. They're both sequels, Overgrowth is the successor to Lugaru, which some of you may well remember, while Natural Selection is of course the sequel to the mod. One is a third person ninja rabbit beat em up, the other a multiplayer co-op riff on Aliens.

Also, Crayon Physics Deluxe is having a "pay whatever you want" week.

Impulse seems to be the main source of decent deals this week (probably everyone else is recovering / counting their cash from the xmas sales); Kings Bounty Armoured Princess $19.99 or it's predecessor Kings Bounty the Legend for $14.99 (note, Gamer's Gate are still offering this for $7.77 which is the better deal, unless you particularly like the Impulse overlay). Already pushed them several times in this thread, and I'm going to keep pushing them until you all own a copy because they're damn fine games. While we're on the fantasy romps, Majesty 2 also $14.99. If elves and dwarves don't do anything for you how about slow paced space strategy Sins of a Solar Empire for $16.99?

Direct2Drive is doing Aaaaa a Reckless Disregard for Gravity for £2.50 worldwide. It's a great little game with a surreal sense of humour. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom