Cheap Gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Left 4 Dead 2 demo is out.
Dunno if you can get if you dont have the first part though, anyway anyone willing to add me; I thought my username was '' GunnyPie '' or something. If that doesnt work search for Mr. Lollercopter guy.

I can't help but get the imagery of fanatical female shoppers telling their friends where the best deals are and then rushing off to them in a mob when I look at threads like these :razz:

Aye, I bought AI War after it got mentioned here. Of course I played the demo first.
I for one like this thread.

And if I wouldn't already own Mass Effect and STALKER I'd buy them now. But since I got Clear Sky for 6 bucks on ebay I won't complain :razz:

Edit:
Come to think of it.. that might be the fourth or fifth game someone from this board made me buy. And Arch is leading that list with two games.

Frontlines Fuel of War for four quid this week, it's your fairly standard open world FPS by the guys who did the desert combat patch for Battlefield. it's a near future setting which received a lukewarm reception due to not actually doing anything Battlefield didn't, although the 64 player multiplayer is highly recommended for those who enjoy team based combat. For those who prefer more casual fun the Luxor series is cheap at two quid per game or nine for the lot. They're also running a 10% off offer on the forthcoming digital release of Blood Bowl but it's still stupidly overpriced; if you're interested but not an absolute BB fanatic I'd wait for a sale.

Gamer's Gate has Evochron Legends for £19, which is the latest in their Elite inspired space trading mercenary series. Looks pretty if nothing else, there's an online strategy guide to get you started and the multiplayer is nice. Haven't played it myself, but since the genre is most firmly stuck in a rut you probably already know if you're likely to like it or not. Certainly looks pretty though.
Also on offer is the original remake Kings Bounty for a tenner. Armoured Princess is out now and apparently an improvement in all areas except the oddball humour, but the original is still great fun (where else can you marry a zombie?) and a third cheaper now. If you liked the Heroes of Might and Magic games or indeed the original you should already have it. Even if you disliked the HoMM series it's still worth a look in, since it returns back to it's roots where things involved narrative rather than strategy and a whole lot more hilarity.
They also have Majesty 2 for £14, which is ten quid cheaper than Steam are selling it for. It's another remake of an original and for the current price likely to be enjoyable for anyone who enjoyed the original game (the main criticism being it's identical to the original game, but with nicer graphics). There's a demo out if you never played Majesty itself, the main problem with the game remains the same as it's predecessor in that the game becomes repetitive. Also Tropico Reloaded for eight quid which includes the original, the expansion and the more piratey themed sequel. It's old and cheap elsewhere, but since I've been enjoying it's successor this week I thought I'd throw it in for anyone who hasn't played the tropical dictator sim or it's inferior pirate king themed successor. Largely to plug Tropico 3 which is an excellent remake of the first game + expansion but not on sale anywhere. Yet.

Over on Impulse the main deal for most this week would be Prince of Persia for fourteen quid, or Supreme Commander Gold for twelve. For those who own the excellent Children of the Nile, you can get the Alexandria DLC for two quid, which adds enough to keep you occupied for the weekend if nothing else.

Direct2Drive has the Star Wars Classics pack for $25, which includes the Jedi Knight series and Republic Commando among others, but lacks things like Tie Fighter and X Wing and thus is blatantly lying regarding the "classics" moniker. US & Canuckians only though. Also 50% off Crayon Physics Deluxe which is apparently great if you like puzzle/platformers and now $10. There's also Cities XL for twenty quid.

EDIT - Buggrit, may as well make this a sticky.

Yeah, thanksgiving sale time. Steam is doing a different game every day (Plants vs Zombies for just shy of four quid today). Impulse also has a sale on, notable titles being 75% off Sword of the Stars : Ultimate and 50% of Sins of a Solar Empire. There's a bunch of other savings too, but as always if you're living on the other side of the pond you'll probably get the most benefit from it.

Gamer's Gate is doing their daily deal thing again, today amusingly enough  it's Victoria Complete pack at 50% off.

Oh, and Cryptic Comet are celebrating the launch of Solium Infernum by offering both it and Armageddon Empires at 10% off ($53.95 for both). There's demo's for both on their site.

Again more stuff on steam

GRID is 75% off - £14.99 Now its £3.74

That batman game is 50% off £29.94  £14.97

There lotsa more things too

Back
Top Bottom