Cheap Gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

You.

I snatched up Saint's Row 2, then I heard it had MP and bought it for a friend of mine. **** you GTAIV, you're no longer needed.

Wellenbrecher said:
I'd buy Saints Row 2, but they censored it over here and I try to avoid products with cut content :???:
Depends on Steam, sometimes it's the US version you get regardless of where you buy it. Of course, an easy way around it is to change your location to a different country ....

Technically, if Valve were to prevent an EU citizen from accessing the UK prices from France or vice versa they're in breach of EU trading law.

And they don't actually specify which country you need to give them in the box. At the moment it's just asking for any country, not your country of residence, citizenship or anything like that.

Orion said:
And folks, that is as close as you are allowed to get to piracy on these forums.

Let that be a lesson to you.

What if I filmed myself dressed up as a Pirate for Talk Like a Pirate Day doing Piratey-things and posted it on the forum?

Archonsod said:
Wellenbrecher said:
I'd buy Saints Row 2, but they censored it over here and I try to avoid products with cut content :???:
Depends on Steam, sometimes it's the US version you get regardless of where you buy it. Of course, an easy way around it is to change your location to a different country ....

So I should pick a Scandinavian country to avoid all the censors?

****ing **** I missed the Civ IV sale. By hours.

One of you didn't happen to accidentally end up with an extra copy, did you?  :razz:

I know that this thread was about the THQ sale, but I didn't want to start another thread.
The Weekend Deal has ARMA II for 50% off. Which would be 20€.

Edit:
**** me sideways, it's 17£, or ~18€ from Amazon UK.

Same price for Arma II at Gamersgate. They're still running a 50% off sale on THQ too, as well as specials on Europa Universalis III Complete, Spellforce II, Elven Legacy and East India Company, for those who were interested when it came out but were unsure of the price.

Impulse meanwhile has the excellent AI War for a tenner, the thoroughly recommended Gratuitous Space Battles for twelve quid and for yanks you can pick up Modern Warfare for half price.

Direct2Drive are running with Light of Altair for a fiver, at least in the UK. Would try the demo before you buy it, I wasn't impressed.

Good Old Games has 30% off Jowood games, which should let you get the older Gothics, Spellforce or The Guild for very few pennies whatsoever.

Just bought, so I have a 'play from anywhere' copy. :smile: Thought I'd never see it for that price again. I was going to buy it the last time the game was up for 5 bucks and missed it. I have a habit of doing that.

Also of note, until tomorrow: The Witcher: "Enhanced Edition Director's Cut" is going for half off. Highly reputed game, full edition, way cheaper than I got my copy - and I haven't even booted it up yet.  :razz:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2997/

Back
Top Bottom