In Progress Chasing retreating looters is awful

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
During peace times chasing brigands is a hobby among others. My issue is that they often flee during battle but immediatly want to fight again when we catch them the minute after. Sometimes I have to fight the same party 3 or 4 times. Which is boring because they start new battles very far away. I don't want to use auto-resolve because elite troop surprisingly die often.

I guess this is a tech issue because parties clearly don't use the same "fight or retrat" calculation during field battle and on campaign map encounters. If a party fled the fight before, they should surrender when meeting them with the same troop numbers.

During peace times chasing brigands is a hobby among others. My issue is that they often flee during battle but immediatly want to fight again when we catch them the minute after. Sometimes I have to fight the same party 3 or 4 times. Which is boring because they start new battles very far away. I don't want to use auto-resolve because elite troop surprisingly die often.

I guess this is a tech issue because parties clearly don't use the same "fight or retrat" calculation during field battle and on campaign map encounters. If a party fled the fight before, they should surrender when meeting them with the same troop numbers.
I agreed this is boring.
When they flee, they should surrender to you or be removed/cleared party.

Tbh when I do the quest destroy x bandit parties for villages, cause of this I just end up doing the auto-calc instead, as its too tedious otherwize :/

This is why there should be enlistable patrols for each fief that go around mopping looters according to prosperity
Make some event spawned bandit character with an army in extremely low-prosperity areas with an army of bandits/looters/whatever large enough to cause trouble which greatly reduces looters in the area upon being defeated

This is why there should be enlistable patrols for each fief that go around mopping looters according to prosperity
Make some event spawned bandit character with an army in extremely low-prosperity areas with an army of bandits/looters/whatever large enough to cause trouble which greatly reduces looters in the area upon being defeated
I liked that, was it in Prophecy of Pendor o well something similar?

I think they "go away" indirectly now(no not really) they just form up hideouts instead(which the AI lords dont deal with or cant.. so it tanks security in the nearby towns etc etc)

Back
Top Bottom