Charm not increasing

Users who are viewing this thread

So I made a character with a pretty high starting value in charm, and I've been trying to increase the charm skill ever since, but haven't received a single point of EXP for it. I've improved relations with multiple town/village notables and successfully completed various barters (if I am correct in assuming that the barters are where you try to convince someone and have to get 2 successful dialogue checks).

Am I doing the wrong things or is it just currently bugged?

I managed to gain some charm buy assuaging one of my companions after I ran out of money to pay troops during a zealous trade run (i.e. down to 50 denar). Can't remember how much it was, but got a skill up notification.

Did you invested focus points on charm? No skill can be upgraded without at least a focus point invested
Here is the devblog where the leveling up is explained https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/74
My character creation choices made it so that the focus points for it were maxed out from the start, if I remember correctly. I might be mistaken though. So I think I did not invest points into it after starting my game, but, in any case, the focus points for charm are currently maxed out.

(if I am correct in assuming that the barters are where you try to convince someone and have to get 2 successful dialogue checks).

I don't think you're correct. The two dialogue checks are for persuasion and that is different from bartering. Bartering is something you can do with a lord/character to convince him/her to do something on your behalf. To start bartering with a lord, pick the dialogue option:

"There is something I'd like to discuss." --> "I have a proposal that may benefit us both".

This mechanic is called "Bartering" in the game, so I think this is what the Charm tooltip refers to.

I don't think you're correct. The two dialogue checks are for persuasion and that is different from bartering. Bartering is something you can do with a lord/character to convince him/her to do something on your behalf. To start bartering with a lord, pick the dialogue option:

"There is something I'd like to discuss." --> "I have a proposal that may benefit us both".

This mechanic is called "Bartering" in the game, so I think this is what the Charm tooltip refers to.
Oh, I see. So does the "improve relations" part also only apply to nobles?

I suppose it would be fair enough to have it as a skill meant specifically for interacting with nobles. If so, it's pretty poorly phrased though.

I'm fairly certain it is not working as intended. I bartered several times with nobles and saw no change in my experience for charm. The one time I saw it change was after I ran out of food and one of my companions talked to me about it. I reassured them and I got xp. They also are the only one of my companions that is listed as a friend when I look at the information for my character.

Did you invested focus points on charm? No skill can be upgraded without at least a focus point invested
Here is the devblog where the leveling up is explained https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/74
I also have 3 points in charm, I have gained relations with tons of city and town people, but I am certain it is broken. I have an 18 hour game and not one xp gained. I have even completed tasks for nobles and the top banner said I gained 5 in one case and lost 5 in another that I failed. I then talked with that lord and it was still zero relation. I have tried to woo a lord and succeeded in persuasion attempts but still have a zero relation and no xp gained. Something is broken about the Lord relations and charm attribute.

Back
Top Bottom