• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Charm not increasing

Users who are viewing this thread

So I made a character with a pretty high starting value in charm, and I've been trying to increase the charm skill ever since, but haven't received a single point of EXP for it. I've improved relations with multiple town/village notables and successfully completed various barters (if I am correct in assuming that the barters are where you try to convince someone and have to get 2 successful dialogue checks).

Am I doing the wrong things or is it just currently bugged?

mhavoc

Recruit
I managed to gain some charm buy assuaging one of my companions after I ran out of money to pay troops during a zealous trade run (i.e. down to 50 denar). Can't remember how much it was, but got a skill up notification.

Did you invested focus points on charm? No skill can be upgraded without at least a focus point invested
Here is the devblog where the leveling up is explained https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/74
My character creation choices made it so that the focus points for it were maxed out from the start, if I remember correctly. I might be mistaken though. So I think I did not invest points into it after starting my game, but, in any case, the focus points for charm are currently maxed out.

Sergeant
(if I am correct in assuming that the barters are where you try to convince someone and have to get 2 successful dialogue checks).

I don't think you're correct. The two dialogue checks are for persuasion and that is different from bartering. Bartering is something you can do with a lord/character to convince him/her to do something on your behalf. To start bartering with a lord, pick the dialogue option:

"There is something I'd like to discuss." --> "I have a proposal that may benefit us both".

This mechanic is called "Bartering" in the game, so I think this is what the Charm tooltip refers to.

Operating caravans doesnt seem to increase trading either, I have 3 profitable and it only increases when i make profit while trading

I don't think you're correct. The two dialogue checks are for persuasion and that is different from bartering. Bartering is something you can do with a lord/character to convince him/her to do something on your behalf. To start bartering with a lord, pick the dialogue option:

"There is something I'd like to discuss." --> "I have a proposal that may benefit us both".

This mechanic is called "Bartering" in the game, so I think this is what the Charm tooltip refers to.
Oh, I see. So does the "improve relations" part also only apply to nobles?

I suppose it would be fair enough to have it as a skill meant specifically for interacting with nobles. If so, it's pretty poorly phrased though.

Berkelsk

Recruit
I'm fairly certain it is not working as intended. I bartered several times with nobles and saw no change in my experience for charm. The one time I saw it change was after I ran out of food and one of my companions talked to me about it. I reassured them and I got xp. They also are the only one of my companions that is listed as a friend when I look at the information for my character.

supahotfayah

Recruit
WB
Operating caravans doesnt seem to increase trading either, I have 3 profitable and it only increases when i make profit while trading
I believe that means that the character running the caravan will gain trade xp if they can. I.e. the clan members you chose to lead the caravan.

Vonenasty86

Recruit
Did you invested focus points on charm? No skill can be upgraded without at least a focus point invested
Here is the devblog where the leveling up is explained https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/74
I also have 3 points in charm, I have gained relations with tons of city and town people, but I am certain it is broken. I have an 18 hour game and not one xp gained. I have even completed tasks for nobles and the top banner said I gained 5 in one case and lost 5 in another that I failed. I then talked with that lord and it was still zero relation. I have tried to woo a lord and succeeded in persuasion attempts but still have a zero relation and no xp gained. Something is broken about the Lord relations and charm attribute.

Top Bottom