MP Charlini's Video Thread & Feedback Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Added to OP:

Introduce Team Damage(100% horses included in Skirmish gamemode) - Also for any other gamemode, I suggest introducing Teamdamage(50% horses included), with some script or algorythm that makes the player directly teamhit on target for a total of 3 times, and after that start inflicting that 50% teamhit effect on himself(self-damage). Not sure if this second choice is possible but would be really good to avoid that extreme chaos and more importantly teamkillers/trolls. "

·Increase the time it takes to reach that full accuracy, or in other words, the time it takes to close reticle"(I would consider a slightly wider start-up position before reticle closes, specially on non-archer units)"

·(Also would consider increasing slightly damage from bows, "and would definetly decrease Throwing axes and Crossbows damage if armor absorbtion isn't reworked or armor values are not reduced while these changes above are applied)"

Reduce the 'floaty' or 'ice-skaty' effect when swapping side-to-side when moving directions and that happens to movement overall on the ground. It was similar with cavs in June and you guys fixed it fine, but we need even less floaty feeling for the infantries. "

Again, this is based on my own opinion, but I definetly hope that this thread receives attention and is also used as a place to discuss these needed changes. If I see many people against a suggestion and it's well backed-up or grants an alternative as good as that one to fix a certain issue, I'll apply it and add it to the OP.

Will gather Damage inconsistency, Throwing weapons and Cavalry Footage and deliver some feedback/videos for next week. If anyone has clips involving those topics feel free to post them or send them to me to be included on the OP.

You can still access Noudelle's thread if you need some more issues or videos, the beta board is hidden but direct links work: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...consistencies-megathread.389699/#post-9184175

Indeed, however I'd prefer to use updated clips, in case they changed anything in many of the beta patches. I'll look up topics once I finish up the priorities mentioned.

Patch just came out, mainly focused on crashes and SP fixes + small tweaks as expected. I guess we'll know soon if combat & balance changes are still gonna be worked on. Time or a response will tell.

Bump.

Also for those who keep wondering why low damage hits happen, and doubt if its the actual 2 formulas(damage and area) or the huge impact high armor ratings I recommend you to watch closely the following clip(Credit to Traeeseron):

After the couch, he's hit by an incoming cav by one of the biggest damage weapon dealers. Glaive on a horse. It almost one shots ANYONE. Yet here the Vlandian cavalry is using Upgraded Armor perk, resulting in a total rating of 50. Read the damage log

ABSORBED DAMAGE: 127

Come on, it's really logical after several tests that it's blocking way too much of the incoming damage if you compare the damage blocked from medium armored units and light ones. Recalibrating all armor ratings in multiplayer from current values to an interval between 2 and 33 would be worth trying and potentially fix most of those undeserved low damage hits + bouncing issues. Of course this should be accompanied by calibration from damages(crossbows and throwing weapons would need some damage nerf).

I'm compiling a lot of clips for a damage dedicated suggestion on the OP, but enough examples since beta started and on this thread have been exposed aswell.

Note: It's clear that Optimising these formulas is also big part of the issue, and it doesn't completly relate to Armor blocking damage incoming in all cases.
As you can see in the following clip, area of damage formula is not properly set up and some good looking hits, that even should carry momentum given the angle and amplify damage, deliver ridiculous amounts, armor absorbtion doesn't have an impact here.

If all my hits were like those 2, it would've took me 12 hits to take 102 of his HP and kill him, unacceptable.

Last edited:
For those wondering, inside Video 1(About Archery) on the OP. I mention that swapping weapons should carry more risk, as the reward for landing the shot is big, yet the punish if you miss not enough. So yeah, if you know your timing this risk is almost non existant. We need slower weapon swaps at least from ranged/projectiles to melee weapon so that if we miss the shot, we get punished with at least 1 and possibly 2 hits depending on our reaction speed.

Back
Top Bottom