MP Charlini's Video Thread & Feedback Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Important thread, more issues to highlight but without the beta forums being visible this needs to go up

Definetly, unfortunetly requires significant time that it needs to not only compile videos and rendering but also to explain and reasonate through all the topics. Will try to give feedback by topic one at a time, next to be Cavalry Friday/Saturday.

THIS IS NOT A PRIORITY

I know it's early access but well... This should be looked at. Either swim animations or drown system should come in at some point.

A system where you slowly fall under water based on weight and drown 'shortly' after involving a new death animation only for under-water could work, but we should really not be able to have any kind of control out of 'floating' and just be able to spin slowly towards one direction. But definetly, don't allow us to 'walk' on a horse 10 meters under water while random splashes happen above.

The damage is too low. You can hit a naked bandit in the neck with a sword, while riding past him at full speed, and not kill him. You should be able to kill bandits in one hit to the neck while standing....

Horses also feel like overweight rhinos to ride, which is probably why you're such an easy target when attacking light infantry that you stand no chance of survival.

I'll make a rebalance mod in the future to hopefully deal with some of these issues.

Updated OP: Cavalry feedback added.

Added this video:

Also added on Overall Suggestions:

Introduce Sound -clear- effects when Feinting.

·Fix Connectivity issues causing some players to have pings up to 200 only in Matchmaking games
(Issue relates only in Bannerlord). "

Took me around 5 to 7 hours to edit the clips and then edit the whole video(wish I was better and quicker on this).

It's a lot of work for the developers in case they decide to listen to those suggestions but again, I think if you watch the video you'll agree on most of the changes. There's only a few subjectival matters that can be agreed as -not a threat- to the balance between 3 classes, specially on competitive enviroment in the long term. The rest are just facts shown aside clips, where I suggest my opinion in order to fix those maintaining balance and making every mechanic viable and counterplayable.

@Callum @MArdA TaleWorlds, I know you're really busy lately and you basicly answer mainly based on the thoughts of the developers and are limited in communication, but it would help a lot if you could read this:

Would appreciate some answer once again, so far the communication since Early Access towards upcoming changes(in Combat) has been Null, and if anything that answer to the negative review yesterday which can be read here , makes me wonder if any change to balance and combat is planned anytime soon, besides the fact that we felt massively target by the statement.
Patches should be focused on fixing most bugs/crashes, noone denies that, but combat and balance ones are extremely needed and you have different teams inside developers, there's no harm taking a look into the feedback and communicating the upcoming plans and if you agree/disagree. We do this in our own free time hoping that stuff that we believe is not right(that we extremely hard tried to adapt to), gets some open reaction in your side aswell and end up applying changes to accomplish balance between casual and competitive gameplay, combined with mechanics with counterparts, old and new ones, an OVERALL massive IMPROVEMENT unlike now.

We tried to show that this complexity and some layers inside that depth are doing more harm than improvement, and causing more unbalances even on the basic stuff(Class balance, melee combat), I am doing detailed videos with up to date clips. Other members of the community are doing insanely good threads with feedback to combat and balance aswell. Please, talk to the developers and show them that we're trying in our side, still providing feedback, and we do not wish to get shut down and ignored after this really long progress, we need communication and open mentality from your side aswell.

Thanks in Advance

Would add to cav that couches need a cooldown. You can couch someone at full speed and more or less instantly couch again.
Also want to point out again that, having played cav for a while on bannerlord now, bumps feel very inconsistent to me. It happens alot that I actually bump a guy when I feel like I shouldn't. On the other hand it also happens plenty that instead of bumping someone I just push him away (this permanent pushing of bodys as cav - even other cavs and teammates - is completly stupid btw).

Would add to cav that couches need a cooldown. You can couch someone at full speed and more or less instantly couch again.
Also want to point out again that, having played cav for a while on bannerlord now, bumps feel very inconsistent to me. It happens alot that I actually bump a guy when I feel like I shouldn't. On the other hand it also happens plenty that instead of bumping someone I just push him away (this permanent pushing of bodys as cav - even other cavs - is absolutely stupid btw).

Completely agree, we had the same thoughts on teamspeak yesterday about couch lances, it's just way too ****ing fast at the moment.

I'd add that at the moment moving nearby someone on horseback (both ally or enemy) will gently push them away. This makes it harder to bump enemies, to land hits with 1h weapons, and makes it frustrating for allied infantry. Cav should be slowed down for running into teammates as well.

Not sure if this is the right time to address this, but I also belive that every cav unit should get a lance. give the cheap cavs a short lance with low damage, but these spears are so useless. Even the 200 gold cav from empire only has a spear so you can not fight other cavs.

A single message from dev team that they are doing smth about combat would be such a relief. Hope they read it at least. Ofc great job pointing everything out Charlini.

Not sure if this is the right time to address this, but I also belive that every cav unit should get a lance. give the cheap cavs a short lance with low damage, but these spears are so useless. Even the 200 gold cav from empire only has a spear so you can not fight other cavs.
I wouldn't go as far as saying every cav unit, but every faction should have a class that can get both a lance AND a shield at the same time. Battania and Empire don't have that right now.

7:38 - 8:00 is jaw dropping at how ridiculous it is right now.
completly forgot about that.
massive problem for infantry against cav is that the horse literally functions as a shield on its head. You won't hit the rider at all making cavs so much more tanky (in a bad way).
It's so easy to just run up to an Inf with spear and just stand infront of him trading hits onto your horse for hits on the infantry.

Back
Top Bottom