Resolved Characters' height differences no longer visible in the inventory or character screens

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I believe this issue was introduced in 1.5.6; it worked properly in 1.5.4 and 1.5.5, IIRC.

So how it used to work was that, when scrolling between characters in the inventory screen, they were all rendered properly to scale, so that you could see that the various characters were taller or shorter than each other. Now, however, they all appear to be exactly the same height, and it isn't until you get them onto the battlefield (or walking around in settlements) that you can see their height differences.

Hello, do you experience the issue on the live version(e1.5.7) or the BETA (e1.5.:cool: of the game as well? If you haven't tried yet please start a new campaign.

I'm still playing 1.5.6 because 1.5.7 introduced some rather unpleasant stuff for me. While I currently prefer to play with mods, I only report bugs I can reproduce unmodded, but I go from modded 1.5.6 to unmodded 1.5.6 to check the bugs.

It isn't practical to constantly uninstall 1.5.6, install 1.5.7, check a bug, then uninstall 1.5.7 and reinstall 1.5.6 again, each time I find a bug—especially given how many I find (although many of these I don't report, because if a given bug only shows up in a late-game campaign, then I can't reasonably check in the unmodded version).

@AnandaShanti, can you check in the latest version (I presume you're playing the latest stable or beta)?

I'm on 1.5.7 Stable, this is what I'm looking at

Character just looks squatty on this screen despite being a max height character. In the past characters Hight seemed to show on these screens. Oviously not game breaking, but might as well be reported.

Hello, do you experience the issue on the live version(e1.5.7) or the BETA (e1.5.:cool: of the game as well? If you haven't tried yet please start a new campaign.
It cracks me up every time I see that 8 + ) makes a smug sunglasses emoji, it's like buggy 1.5.8 beta is just mocking us!

Yes, character height was correctly displayed in 1.5.4 at least. I remember noting with some amusement that one of my female companions was the tallest member of the party, towering over my (shorter-than-average) character and his (considerably taller) brother. This was most noticeable in the inventory screen, when flipping through companions.

I'm on 1.5.7 Stable, this is what I'm looking at

Character just looks squatty on this screen despite being a max height character. In the past characters Hight seemed to show on these screens. Oviously not game breaking, but might as well be reported.

It cracks me up every time I see that 8 + ) makes a smug sunglasses emoji, it's like buggy 1.5.8 beta is just mocking us!

Hello, can you please send us a save file so we can further inspect the issue? You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.

Hey, i would like to inform you that our team have fixed this issue and the fix should be implemented. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom