Character's/Companion's Traits...

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Banner-L-107.png

How do these traits affect a companion or the MC?

Traits seems to be relevant only for AI behaviour and persuasion chance for the MC as well as relations. There are no companion complaints due to clashing traits (even though the system practically begs for it, it's right there in plain sight). It basically only matters if the companion is made a lord. Unsure what his particular combination would yield, perhaps a Lord that only hangs inside the national borders and nowhere else

I see, so you mean they matter when the MC interacts with Lords during the "challenge" conversations (the ones with the 3 or 4 circles that have to be checked for the action to go forward?) like asking a person to marry the MC?

I see, so you mean they matter when the MC interacts with Lords during the "challenge" conversations (the ones with the 3 or 4 circles that have to be checked for the action to go forward?) like asking a person to marry the MC?
Yes, and initial relationships with notables and lords, which is the reason why you can barely recruit anything in the early game: most notables have negative traits that lower relations below 0

One companion complaint exists, at least until recent versions (as I've not triggered it in some time):

Merciful companions will complain if you Raid Villages. Promising to stop gave a boost to relations; ignoring them or worse breaking that promise hit a big negative. Sufficiently negative companions would leave your clan.

Hope that helps.

One companion complaint exists, at least until recent versions (as I've not triggered it in some time):

Merciful companions will complain if you Raid Villages. Promising to stop gave a boost to relations; ignoring them or worse breaking that promise hit a big negative. Sufficiently negative companions would leave your clan.

Hope that helps.
You can get this in recent versions too, and there are more complaints from companions in main hero's party:
  • Generous - complaint can happen when your party loose morale due to lack of food or not having enough money to pay party wages,
  • Daring (Valor) - complaint will happen after you pick option "Try to get away." when enemy party is attacking you.
There might be more of them that I just don't know about. Btw, only companions have complaints, family members do not.

Hope that helps.
I did come across that complaint, mostly from a scholar companion I think.

Npcs having traits is a joke, what did they do the hundreds of quests needed to obtain them? Did Bilaya the price execute someone? Oh before the game start everyone was so productive, then you showed up and every one sits in taverns or waddles around in an army failing.

To be fair, many mods make use of the traits. So it is good that they exist.
TBH, with half the game, they should've just called it 'TBD placeholder for modding' given how barebones/basic they were implemented and how so many mods are almost a necessity to fix or give actual depth/complexities with a playthrough.
At least there would be less criticism given they and players both are being honest in what it is vs trying to shoehorn it as some crazy in-depth feature to checklist for their marketing tweets.

When I siege towns and castles if I show them mercy I get relationship boosts with merciful lords and ladies and lose relationship with non merciful ones. Same applies to raiding villages, I think if you devestate you get boosts with the cruel lords as well.

Not 100% sure on this one too but I think cruel/dishoborable lords can execute you, I have seen players executed after getting captured by Monchug before. You also take less of a penatly if you are executing a cruel/dishonorable lord as well.

I like your name by the way I named my bro indignant flapjack in honor of you lol

When I siege towns and castles if I show them mercy I get relationship boosts with merciful lords and ladies and lose relationship with non merciful ones. Same applies to raiding villages, I think if you devestate you get boosts with the cruel lords as well.
I've had companion partly leaders with cruel traits quit on the spot without warning after not devastating the fief after a siege

I'm hoping its just been a place holder for now and they are going to actually give every character with traits a personality.

It'd be great for Kingdom defections, recruiting and what happens in wars etc

Back
Top Bottom