Character traits should work

Users who are viewing this thread

Thinker

Each hero in the game has certain character traits. Honor, Mercy vs.

I gave examples for dishonorable, selfish, honorable and heroic character traits. Generate ideas for others. So they can be evaluated.

Villages' primary productions are now displayed next to the village name with an icon. Just like this, there should be a primary character trait next to the hero names.

For example, when a dishonorable person comes, let's spot him from afar and run away. Let's have a chance of being killed if we lose when we go to war. If we win, let's get fame when we kill the dishonorable character. If our character is killed, the inheritance system will also be more effective. It will also create a difference that will add some excitement to the game.

The moment we see the sordid character symbol, let's know that this person will switch sides for money and land. Let's talk and try to persuade in order to win lords more easily at the beginning stage.

The honorable character, on the other hand, has strong feelings of friendship that can hardly be persuaded, and can only change his side if he is an enemy with his king.

It can be affected by you when you are the dominant power with the hero trait.The hero character can take on the role of warband marshal, which has an impact on army integrity.

So I think it's feasible. Make suggestions on all character traits, good things will come out.

They do work! Their job is to exist and do nothing! Oh and they make some people like you + or - 2 or 4, oh oh oh and some diaougle option with be minty green..... does it make the success rate actually better? **** if I know it always seem like the same bull **** to me!

I feel like the clan system gets in the way of what I would want the traits to do. I would want very different behaviors and dynamics based on lord's traits. However since you relations and clan activities are tied to the clan leader and whole clan, it's kinda dead in the water. Really their should be a variaety of types that get along or fight, like in warband. If you're bad guy you make a bad guy faction, If you're a honorable guy you get in good with honorable lords, if you're rich you get in with the greedy selfish (but not evil) guys, if you're really well rounded you get all your friends and balance it out. But that's not in the cards for bannerlord, you just spend gold, every clan is the same. Blah.

So, in a way, you become indifferent whether it is honorable or dishonorable. It doesn't matter if you're cruel or merciful. Both plunder the village, it's all the same.

The character trait does not work well even in persuasion, ordinary answers are usually persuasion with the same options, I don't know, it gets annoying.

On the other hand, character traits can add vitality with a little interest. In an encounter, it's like the brave character might propose a duel or imagine the dishonorable AI coming towards you and if it catches you it will kill you. A complete challenge...

Last edited:
However since you relations and clan activities are tied to the clan leader and whole clan, it's kinda dead in the water.
So that's a problem too. Maybe I have a personal problem with a clan member. Maybe his family excludes the one with a different character. Are these and similar touches very difficult? There is a contradiction, though, as if a family member cannot be kicked out of the clan. You're getting your daughter married, she's completely breaking the bond. If his new leader is hostile to me, he may even become an enemy. We're not normally friends, but whatever. These are always logical errors.

It's a poorly thought out system with no explanation which only ends up confusing players. Unless TW does a serious overhaul and a better explanation or tutorial for this system you're better off ignoring it. Imho it appears the system was put in but no one at TW knew how or what they wanted to do with it, maybe some day they'll come back and do a revamp but I wouldn't count on it since making rpg elements really isn't a strength of TW.

They work, right?

Its easier to convince Honorable lords with using Honorable arguments. And if you take a fief you will need influence to persuade Dishonourable lords to show mercy instead of pillaging it.
And honorable companions get a hit in relation if you loot and plunder a village, as opposed to dishonorable ones. Just a couple of examples, but as far as I can tell, they work as supposed. Or are there other functions that should be working but dont?

It's a poorly thought out system with no explanation which only ends up confusing players. Unless TW does a serious overhaul and a better explanation or tutorial for this system you're better off ignoring it. Imho it appears the system was put in but no one at TW knew how or what they wanted to do with it, maybe some day they'll come back and do a revamp but I wouldn't count on it since making rpg elements really isn't a strength of TW.

If the result of your action gives Honor, it should be an informational message such as +10 Honor. Neither does this. As you say, it's probably a thought out but incomplete system.

In addition, the encyclopedia should have a detailed description of each character trait. This way we have a clearer idea of how the features work.

Last edited:
If the result of your action gives Honor, it should be an informational message such as +10 Honor. Neither does this. As you say, it's probably a thought out but incomplete system.

In addition, the encyclopedia should have a detailed description of each character trait. This way we have a clearer idea of how the features work.
I suggested it before, no idea where things went from there.

I suggested it before, no idea where things went from there.
@MRay seems to have brought but only the notification on the right is applied. Your first suggestion, which is necessary, has been skipped.
**** Trait score via encyclopedia page by hovering over our character's name? That way we would know if we were close to being seen as extremely honorable (Honor 2) rather than just grinding out quests in the dark.
Even this suggestion would be a good starting point.

@MRay seems to have brought but suffice with right notification. Your first suggestion, which is necessary, has been skipped.
**** Trait score via encyclopedia page by hovering over our character's name? That way we would know if we were close to being seen as extremely honorable (Honor 2) rather than just grinding out quests in the dark.
Even this suggestion would be a good starting point.
Well, if you'd like, we can all pile in the thread again asking for No. 1 and see what he says.

Wow, I didn't see the date of the thread you just linked, looks likes the "suggestion internally" is still pending in the void.
That means the answer to two of those things was "no." At that point. But they take into account further interest, so go ahead and stampede in that thread because the game should give more feedback to players.

Let's try, of course, and maybe we can learn from @MRay how the suggestion was met.
Post in thread 'Can we get a UI element for trait score?' https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...i-element-for-trait-score.435617/post-9594732
Wow, I didn't see the date of the thread you just linked, looks likes the "suggestion internally" is still pending in the void.
That means the answer to two of those things was "no." At that point. But they take into account further interest, so go ahead and stampede in that thread because the game should give more feedback to players.
Apparently they are working on it:
A visual representation has been drawn up but it has been put in the backlog since more pressing issues arose. I'll get back to this and work out the final details.

I swear I was going to, then I noticed the date and wondered myself " why bother ? "
So thanks for your commitment and your summary, let's see what happen to the next updates, of course we should also thank MRay.

Back
Top Bottom