Character Skill Points (Stats)

Users who are viewing this thread

I really hope there is no leveling and limit to the character stats and skill points you can unlock.
In Mount&Blade Warband everything is really limited, you cannot really unlock all of your skills and I hope in Mount&Blade II Bannerlord you can do it, so you don't have to worry about not having enough skill points. Obviously we don't want a character to become overpowered, but there is always the learning limit.
So don't need to worry about that.

What do you think guys? :unsure:

only way I can see that working is if the xp curve gets progressively longer as you level up.
I agree, but to level up in Mount&Blade Warband is a torture and you could only level up to a certain level, and then it would be hard if not impossible to level up further. Instead of having a level you could have an XP bar that tells you when you reach the end of the bar you gain one more skill point, and the process would repeat every time you gain 1 skill point.

Skills will improve as you practise them, so you ride a horse, you get better at riding. You can then get focus points which allow you to learn certain skills quicker if you appoint points for them, as you progress these skills you'll then unlock the perks along that skill tree.

I'm not sure how good this will be though, in WB you could learn say Bow skills without using one, it doesn't seem like you can do that in BL.

I'd say once a skill is high enough that you've unlocked all perks for it, you can be said to have mastered it. But I also hope that the skill value will increase further very slowly for very small further benefits. If it doesn't, we get the absurd situation that skill limits invariably cause, where once you are the best at a certain skill, you'll never use it again, because you can't improve anymore.

Back
Top Bottom