Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Megaedd

Recruit
Greetings all,
A little bug I noticed while running Beta 1.5.5.
I changed the keybinding of Character Development (Default C) and it made a new Character Development option in the keybindings Menu.

Meaning there's 2 of them, one being the binding I set and the new one defaulting back to C.

This continues to happen when you change the key binding.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I did a quick search before I posted.
Warmest Regards,
- Megaedd

I would like to make addition to this issue. Now 1.5.5 is stable, first my key bindings reset after update and then after changing key bindings from here "Options > Mouse and Keyboard > Menu Shortcuts" game adds new duplicate entries. As you can see it is not only Character Development.

Ds3iw.jpg

Edit
Version: 1.5.5
Branch: Stable
Modded/unmodded: Tried both, result is same

Last edited:
It's me again. I think I found something which can lead you to source of problem.

There are multiple entries for same actions in BannerlordGameKeys.xml file, e.g. for map screen, inventory screen, journal screen etc.
I believe this is because you wanted some flexibility, however when I change these key bindings it only changes first of many, thus we get multiple entries for an action.
Since the first category is "CraftingHotkeyCategory" our custom key bindings are not working in map screen etc.
I'll edit BannerlordGameKeys.xml by hand and see if it works, and if not I'll make this file readonly and try again.

With provided information I believe and I hope you can patch this in the next hotfix.

---

Edit: Manually editing keys in BannerlordGameKeys.xml worked for me, as you can see no more duplicate entries. However this should still be fixed ASAP, I am a modder and I know how to edit XMLs, not everyone is like me!
bLBV7.jpg

28.12.2020 edit: If anyone wanna use my keybindings here is the code
You can change keys with find & replace all function of notepad++, this way they won't be duplicated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom