Character creation returns very similar looking characters. No enough phenotypes. Is this going to be expanded?

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel like there are about 5 different kinda looks you can achieve with the character creation tool, and then every other single combination just looks like they are related, like there are not enough phenotypes. And the eyes...somehow almost everybody has very similar "look".

Another thing that bothers me terribly is skin color. If you try to do any darker-skinned character they just look like they've been painted. First because of the extreme limits on facial features, second because black people don't have black palms, lips or nails. I really hope they work on that because it's lazy and truly atrocious.

I know we are on EA, and more things like voices and skin types will be added later on, but the biggest issue is how limited it is.

They've tried to hide the fact that everyone looks the same by cracking up the non-symmetry in the NPCs as to give them more "character", but what that does is having a lot of characters with droopy mouths on one side that look like they had a stroke.

I understand that this is a low priority issue that can be dealt with later, but are there any plans on expanding on the character creation?(outside of mods, as it was shown during the beta that the limits to the values in character creation can be expanded at a local level).

This sounds terrible. I can't play yet because the game crashes at launch, hopefully they will fix the face generator before they fix that.

In the video where they showed Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vin Diesel, Kylo Ren and so on, it appeared to be pretty robust. Has it been nerfed since then?

You can pull it off if you spend a lot of time in the character creation screen. In multiplayer it's all different though. 80% of players lookalike, and most of them didn't even bother with it as they're playing as default character. :grin:

The devs actually mentioned they wanted this to improve too. Especially about darker skinned settings. I forget where I read it but it was only about a week ago.

+1

Yeah, I'm with you. Was excited about the Character Creation after I saw the build of some celebrities like Putin and Schwarzenegger. :grin:

But it seems that the Character Creation (which is pretty good) has less "genetic" difference to offer as expected.

The character creator seems to produce some very stereotypically Turkish looking characters, even if you're going for the complete opposite. That's what I've noticed. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom