Character/Companion proficiency raising suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

In this thread, I'm suggesting for the implementation of more rewarding options when
assigning a hero character to a settlement and different roles they could be assigned in order to raise their proficiency in skills.

Raising weapon/endurance/range proficiency for companions (Training Fields)

- Allow players to leave companions/clan members at owned training fields to generate daily weapon proficiency skills.
The amount of proficiency gained per day would be dependent on the heroes skill and building level of the training field.

- The player could toggle in which area (bow,1h,2h, polearm, riding, athletics bow, crossbow, throwing) they wish for the hero to focus on.

- The main purpose of this training would be to get the hero to the 50-75 range, after which the gains are drastically decreased.

Raising trade gains for main character and heroes (Workshops)

- Caravans and workshops should generate trade skill gains for the owner if they reach a certain threshold of daily profits > daily upkeep.
It could be in increments of 50, 75, or 100+ percentile earnings.

- Allow players to assign companions to workshops to boost income based on their trade skill. This would generate trade points for companions
at a slower rate than running a caravan or a party but would act as a safer alternative.

Governors should gain medicine and engineering points (Governor)

- As construction projects are running or are completed, Governors should be awarded Engineering skill points.

- As prosperity increases, Governors should gain skill points in Medicine.

- I suggest this as these are the two hardest skill points to raise in companions who don't already have a large amount of focus dedicated
to these two skills and can take decades in-game to raise to a decent threshold.

Assigning companions to taverns (Taverns)

- When assigned to a tavern, heroes will generate Roguery and Tactics skill points.

- As a bonus, they could possibly learn of bandit hideouts and mark them on the world map while they are staying there.

- Perhaps they could also be assigned as a musician. This would be an increased chance
of raising relations with notables in the city.

Assigning the player a governor role

-If assigned a governor role, the player will act as governor while resting in that assigned settlement. No other governors
can be assigned until the player is removed via the clan menu.

- Currently in-game, it is unclear if the player acts as a governor while resting in a settlement.

I like these ideas, though I think we'd need some more thought/discussion as to balancing the skill gains (especially weapon skills vs other skills). Personally I think the weapon skill gain should be more like 75-100 while the non-weapon skills should be more or less unlimited, maybe linearly scaling down the skill gain instead of quickly scaling down after a certain point.

I like these ideas, though I think we'd need some more thought/discussion as to balancing the skill gains (especially weapon skills vs other skills). Personally I think the weapon skill gain should be more like 75-100 while the non-weapon skills should be more or less unlimited, maybe linearly scaling down the skill gain instead of quickly scaling down after a certain point
I should've included it in this thread, but my it might have been a separate topic.

I personally believe that assigning heroes to handle issues should have a higher proficiency award. I put in caps here as the training field would've supplemented the fundamentals of combat, without rendering other means of gaining proficiency null.

Back
Top Bottom