Character Artwork

Users who are viewing this thread

Heh, well that's what happens when I get into a setting. I try to flesh it out even more and explore. This time it's Pendor, really. I'm really hooked.

Also, I'll try to work on a few on those requests. What I'm really interested in is the canon stories relating the unification of Pendor, which I've been having a hard time searching. Like who was King Mordred, among other people. Etc.

Also, updated King Gregory with that fur I wanted for him.

Hmm.. If you'd like, as a side project I can try writing up histories for the lords in Pendor.

Not something that could be done all at once, but it might be interesting nonetheless.

Hmm.. Alright, it'd be a good use of my Dev powers.

Although, it probably wouldn't help too much with Pendor 4, it'd give me something to do in my free time.

May I ask for a request?

Ser Varys:

Ser Varys is a Knight of the Eventide. He is known to have mixed feelings about the crown, but is loyal to his order. He is often referred to as 'The Spider', due to his preference for shadows and 'underhanded' methods.

If you could use the same face style as Marius Imperator, but make the hair black, and Eventide armor, and a dark feel.

Ser Varys said:
May I ask for a request?

Ser Varys:

Ser Varys is a Knight of the Eventide. He is known to have mixed feelings about the crown, but is loyal to his order. He is often referred to as 'The Spider', due to his preference for shadows and 'underhanded' methods.

If you could use the same face style as Marius Imperator, but make the hair black, and Eventide armor, and a dark feel.

If you're going to use Game of Thrones references, then at least be accurate.  You cannot be a warrior at all.  Ser Varys from GoT is not a warrior but rather a noble servant of the realm.  He is also an eunuch, so unless your character's balls and/or penis has been cut off, you cannot be Varys...

nakieon said:
Ser Varys said:
May I ask for a request?

Ser Varys:

If you're going to use Game of Thrones references, then at least be accurate.  You cannot be a warrior at all.  Ser Varys from GoT is not a warrior but rather a noble servant of the realm.  He is also an eunuch, so unless your character's balls and/or penis has been cut off, you cannot be Varys...

So just because GoT has that name in it, he cannot use it? If he likes the name, and wants to adapt it, then let him.

Claire! Really cool, looks like battle-ready village girl :razz: But ehm, I don't want to criticise your work, but her ear is really big...

Shadow-Seeker said:
nakieon said:
Ser Varys said:
May I ask for a request?

Ser Varys:

So just because GoT has that name in it, he cannot use it? If he likes the name, and wants to adapt it, then let him.

Two glaring references that Ser Varys obviously copied from the Ser Varys from GoT:

- The name.
- The nickname.  Ser Varys is referred to as 'the Spider' in private dealings.

I mean, if the nickname was something else than yeah I would've overlooked it as names are common, but the exact same name and nickname combination?  Unlikely.

nakieon said:
Shadow-Seeker said:
nakieon said:
Ser Varys said:
May I ask for a request?

Ser Varys:

Two glaring references that Ser Varys obviously copied from the Ser Varys from GoT:

- The name.

I mean, if the nickname was something else than yeah I would've overlooked it as names are common, but the exact same name and nickname combination?  Unlikely.

I'm very sorry to have offended you in any way, shape or form. It appalls me that you have been hurt by my personal choice of a name. I must ask for your forgiveness, as I obviously can't use a name that has already been taken. I mean, it's certain that this harmed someone. This obviously affects a large audience, and obviously Martin is hurt by my improper usage of a name.

I mean, this man has to be the Varys from GoT. It simply couldn't be inspiration or anything. No, it must be him. Totally.

Anyways, I personally like Marius the best. He looks confident somehow.

Ser Varys said:
nakieon said:
Shadow-Seeker said:
nakieon said:
Ser Varys said:
May I ask for a request?

Ser Varys:

- The name.

I'm very sorry to have offended you in any way, shape or form. It appalls me that you have been hurt by my personal choice of a name. I must ask for your forgiveness, as I obviously can't use a name that has already been taken. I mean, it's certain that this harmed someone. This obviously affects a large audience, and obviously Martin is hurt by my improper usage of a name.

I mean, this man has to be the Varys from GoT. It simply couldn't be inspiration or anything. No, it must be him. Totally.

Thank you for accepting defeat.  I am very glad that we can agree that your lack of creativity is appalling, but that is your personal choice to not exercise your imagination.  Obviously, since you accepted defeat, you must choose to stop roleplaying until you figure out an entirely new backstory for your name that simply does not include any inspiration originating from the Ser Varys from GoT.  Your new character has to have an acceptable backstory, however.  I will be the judge of that.

This is all well and good, but completely and utterly irrelevant to the thread.

Take it to the PMs if you want to continue this.

LLuckily DD told you to end it. Otherwise id scold you nakieon. He can do what he wants you are no where to judge that. Anywho, i think ill present grandmaster Mastifus, he shouldnt be too difficult to create if you have the free time. I think everyone would like to see him in picture form :p

I personally think that GoT had a bland setting. It was full of copy-pasted houses without much to explore about them. It was the characters and intrigue that gave it light. Pendor in the meantime has a setting that makes you search even more. But enough about that in this topic, heh.

Fixed Claire's hair and I'm working on Frederick of Mettenheim at the moment.

Deny inspiration's right to exist: Deny the right to exist for pretty much any work of fiction.

Every single creation ever has taken inspiration from something else. Themes, names, places, items and other such things. It is just a long chain.

And wouldn't it be simpler just to change the nickname and nothing else?

-----------------------------------------------
I personally like your portrayal of Ulric. It somehow just seems so right. The others are good too but I imagined Sir Darlion to look slightly younger. Oh well.

And yes, Sir Mastifus, do want.

Back
Top Bottom