Chaos War Mod V7.0 Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Hrm, I don't know whether this is a "bug" per se, but I noticed something with the map. In vanilla, the compass points north (towards the Nords), but in the Chaos War, it always points south, as if the map is the wrong way round (the Northern Kingdom is actually in the south). Of course, this doesn't make a difference one way or the other, as you can just turn your map around so that the Northen Kingdom is at the top of your map, but I just thought I'd say.

Another thing, when you "call for reinforcements", the enemy seem to get a load as well, which kind of nullifies the advantage...fair enough them calling for more when they see they're outnumbered, and even calling for them before you know, to get the advantage (that'd be awesome, to suddenly see a load of crusaders thundering towards you and frantically calling for your own reinforcements), but having them appear at the same time kinda ruins the feature, as all you're doing is making the fray bigger without any tactics.

If you tell a party member that you want to give them some troops, they tend to run off before you can give them. It would be nice if they could hold position so you can give orders and troops without having to chase them. Again, I don't know if this is a bug.

Another thing i noticed is that even if you're playing as another member of your party, if you die, you still get the "game over" screen.

I'll keep playing, and say anything else i notice :smile:

No problem!

Second quick battle is bugged, troops all spawn in a big clump (don't know if this is intentional), and several crusaders spawn out of the battle zone, ie, past the "retreat battle" barrier. I think one dark troop does it as well. And why have the north men got a load of wraiths and dark knights in thier army? I don't think there's any samuri at all.

It seems that the evil faction was put in instead of the Northen Kingdom. I'm no modder though! :razz:

Edit: And, yeah, what happened to the "if you die troops still fight on" thing?

Knight Ryan is ... uhm ... recognized as a female. When I spoke to him (more like her), he/she told me that he/she is a daughter of someone and wife to someone. Also when I just spoke to him, there was an option "I see you are not otherwise engaged, ma'am ..." (something like that).. :grin: Knight Ryan is a transvestite I see.

Another bug - I sneaked into Dark Legion's town and then visited the tavern, after I exited the tavern thru the door - I regained my armor.

ANOTHER ONE - right after I exit the tavern, I noticed a copy of myself (James) in the disguise. When I talked to him he said he was ... ruler of Player Faction. I had options to talk with him like any lord, plus there was option to ask him about the throne claimer. I lol'd so badly at this.

Another one related to the last - later on, I again visited the town and went "Walk around the streets".. This time my character had all the armor and the bigass shield I have, he was standing in guard's spot.. When I talked to him, all of sudden the camera turned at my character and my clothes changed to disguise and it said "Well, James?" and I could talk to myself in disguise.. lol. After I closed the dialog, I regained my armor again (before I started it I had armor too, even tho I just sneaked in).

lol yea that bug has been an issue, but im redoing the dark legion city atm so im going probably move him to the city gate instead of having him stand on the street

OK.  I have two bugs that have not been listed yet.

1.  You cannot access hero equipment lists to upgrade their stuff.

2.  If you have a hero who is running around with an army, you cannot remove SOME of the troops that he has.  It is ALL or nothing.

Otaku Lord

Addendum:  Leoric the Chest refers to himself as Behastur...
Addendum:  When you tell a hero to do patrol or something he/she just follows you around.

Otaku Lord said:

This is intentional, as some of the later companions have some truley awesome equipment

2.  If you have a hero who is running around with an army, you cannot remove SOME of the troops that he has.  It is ALL or nothing.
We will look into this!

Otaku Lord

Addendum:  When you tell a hero to do patrol or something he/she just follows you around.
Just some convisation bugs, easy to fix

Cheers for the info!

killop5 said:
Otaku Lord said:

This is intentional, as some of the later companions have some truley awesome equipment

We will look into this!

Otaku Lord

Just some convisation bugs, easy to fix

Cheers for the info!

So... is there ANY chance that they can either upgrade their own equipment or you can GIVE ONLY to them?  I have two guys running around in robes right now and they keep getting killed.  If I could at least put chain or something on them it would help...  maybe only certain companions can be accessed like that?

Oh, found another one I think:

When you go into the Salt Mine and talk to Barbossa he tells you to find Kibbot or something like that... I found him at a tavern and had him join my team.  I went back to Barbossa and he just asks me to finish the quest.

I appreciate the quick response on my first post!  Thanks guys and good job on an AWESOME mod!!

A weird (gamebreaking) bug I encountered is all of a sudden after wandering around near the salt mines and a bunch of villages, I got stuck and couldn't move.

I click on the map and I don't move, when I click on a village or town, I just run in place...I don't think I can play that character anymore <.<

NinjaKitty said:
A weird (gamebreaking) bug I encountered is all of a sudden after wandering around near the salt mines and a bunch of villages, I got stuck and couldn't move.

I click on the map and I don't move, when I click on a village or town, I just run in place...I don't think I can play that character anymore <.<

Try enabling cheats to get out of there. Just tick "cheat mode" at the starting (mod selection) screen, and control + click on where you want to go. That should fix it, it sounds like your character's stuck somewhere. Turn cheat mode off again if you want a real game though, it's all too easy to keep using them! I know :wink:

freakin wat said:
NinjaKitty said:

Try enabling cheats to get out of there. Just tick "cheat mode" at the starting (mod selection) screen, and control + click on where you want to go. That should fix it, it sounds like your character's stuck somewhere. Turn cheat mode off again if you want a real game though, it's all too easy to keep using them! I know :wink:

See I tried that...When I teleport the same thing happens, I get stuck in one location.

No obstacles, it's a wide open field...

freakin wat said:
Hrm, i dunno. Try teleporting to and entering a city, then leaving it?

The same thing is happening around the Four Winds Inn.  The manhunters are all stuck inside the instance on the map.  If you try to enter it you get stuck as well.

OL

Another Addendum....  whilst speaking with a companion, I noticed that I could not tell him/her to patrol around or go to a specific town/city/castle.  The conversation abruptly ended with my character saying "Never mind."

Otaku Lord said:
freakin wat said:
Hrm, i dunno. Try teleporting to and entering a city, then leaving it?

The same thing is happening around the Four Winds Inn.  The manhunters are all stuck inside the instance on the map.  If you try to enter it you get stuck as well.

OL

Well I went into the salt mines and found ONE guy saying "surrender or die" and I couldn't leave...So I reload my game and then get stuck after moving 2 feet.

Also, I can't enter a city, I can teleport right on top of one, but I just run in place, cannot enter.

I guess I'll ask a dumb question, but I still would apreciate some help. When I've downloaded the Mod., extracted it and replased the original files, with the files located in the Mod.'s folder, I entered the game, switched from "Native", to this one and after I skip the intro, it throws me back on the desktop saying "RGL error: Unable to open file: CommonRes\costumes_a.brf"
Can anyone tell me what to do?
P.S. - I'm playing on Warband.

Play it on normal Mount and Blade V1.011

Wait for it to be ported before you load it on Warband.

I don't know if this is an an actual bug but every time i try to join The Black Legion the ask for a HUGE :shock: amount of money which i would never be able to get. Just thought you should know.

Back
Top Bottom