Changing weapon origin

Users who are viewing this thread

I've got this weapon model I'm replacing for a module and it's not centered properly. It's backwards and off center, so it floats off away from the character. Is there any way to fix this in openBRF? I haven't found and origin option.

If you right click on it there's the roto-translate-rescale option, can use that to reposition it. Duplicate another weapon that is in the proper position and rename it the same as your one but with .1 after the name. You can then select them together to compare positions, and delete the .1 mesh when it's in the right place.

Glad that the problem is fixed, but for future reference, another way to do that is :

1) SELECT both weapons, in this order:
    first the existing, working weapon and then your new one
    (keep ctrl pressed for multiple selections)

2) make sure the "View mode" is set to "Combo", so that you see the two things combined
    (at the bottom of OpenBrf windows),

3) now "Selected"--> "roto-translate-rescale...".
    This open a dialog.

4) check "apply to Last selected object only" (at the bottom of the dialog window)
    so that your rotation-translation will be applied only to the new weapon
    and the other one is kept where it is, for reference.

5) fiddle with the angles etc until the HANDLES of the two weapon match and the two weapons match in orientation

6) accept what you have done with OK

Is there a way to do the same, but other way around: to transform tens of models whilst using the last selected one as a reference? Would have been handy.

Is there a way to do the same, but other way around: to transform tens of models whilst using the last selected one as a reference? Would have been handy.
You could also use the Tools -> Show ruler option and set length to 0, this would give you an easy way to view the correct origin+direction while having multiple meshes selected.

Back
Top Bottom